FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

The links to the old articles are good too, I see there was another attempt of a child and they got a partial plate number, the truck was from Pasco.

I feel for this family , they will never have any kind of finality (no such thing as closure). Not until there is someone in prison on death row for this crime against a child.
I am going to do some asking around of some people that I know and see if there are any new leads. Will get back to you on that and a few other things.

I do want to say this; It is hard to point a finger at someone in a case like this. No one wants to be the one to say they think someone they know may or may not have done something, especially something this bad. So I think if there is a person, who has a tip or a memory of some thing off or someone who could be connected, it is hard to pick up that phone. When you call the tip line, the person at the other end of the phone, for Hernando is sitting in Canada. They don't know who you are, they don't see your email or list your phone number. It was set up so people could call in tips and stay anonymous. So if that would be a reason not to speak up, don't worry about it. Do the right thing. If you are wrong, they will check it out before they do anything, and if you are right, well Jennifer's family and Jennifer will be grateful for ever.

I was raised in Pasco County from 1980 till 2003 when i moved, Much has changed over the years.

I will see what i can dig up to help , here is a video tha may be of help till others can chime im

http://video.tbo.com/m/34922790/odom-investigation-continues.htm

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes...rl+found+dead+in+Hernando+County&pqatl=google
thanks for the video. at about 29 seconds it shows an aerial view where the bus would have stopped, and Jen got off and started to walk towards her home. It looks like it was filmed from the day, there seems to be LE cars parked around where the bus would have stopped.

I don't think she got any further then a quarter of the way down the road before someone turn into the drive and snatched her.

I am not sure of the directions i see in the video. But i am guessing her walking down the drive would be heading North, and the road the bus would have been on, would be east and west is that correct?

They said she had been in the location for about a week before she was found, and speculate she was killed not long after being taken.

If you come out of her drive way, and turn left, which would be east i am guessing, would that take you to the place where she was found?

When you ask your questions around, see if you can get an answer from LE about whether or not they looked at satellite images from that day, to see if anything was photographed. I have seen in some cases where they do in fact check satellite images for any vehicles in the area.

If you can help find that unsolved mysterious episode featuring this case that would be a plus, for it was created not long, perhaps a year or so after the abduction, and will show us how things looked around the time the crime was committed.

I was raised in Pasco County from 1980 till 2003 when i moved, Much has changed over the years.

I will see what i can dig up to help , here is a video tha may be of help till others can chime I'm

http://video.tbo.com/m/34922790/odom-investigation-continues.htm

thanks for the video. at about 29 seconds it shows an aerial view where the bus would have stopped, and Jen got off and started to walk toward her home. It looks like it was filmed from the day, there seems to be LE cars parked around where the bus would have stopped.​

I don't think she got any further then a quarter of the way down the road before someone turn into the drive and snatched her.​

I am not sure of the directions i see in the video. But i am guessing her walking down the drive would be heading North, and the road the bus would have been on, would be east and west is that correct?​

They said she had been in the location for about a week before she was found, and speculate she was killed not long after being taken.​

If you come out of her drive way, and turn left, which would be east i am guessing, would that take you to the place where she was found?​

When you ask your questions around, see if you can get an answer from LE about whether or not they looked at satellite images from that day, to see if anything was photographed. I have seen in some cases where they do in fact check satellite images for any vehicles in the area.​

If you can help find that unsolved mysterious episode featuring this case that would be a plus, for it was created not long, perhaps a year or so after the abduction, and will show us how things looked around the time the crime was committed.​

OK I am all turned around now, LOL ( me being map challenged and all):blushing:

Didn't she have to walk down Jimmy Dean Road to her driveway the up her drive way?
Or am I totally off the map on this?

At 31 seconds on the video, the white gravel looking road, isnt that the road she would have been walking on to reach home after the bus dropped her off?

Or would she had been walking down the dark color road towards what looks like a trailer or barn at 31 seconds in the video?

At 31 seconds on the video, the white gravel looking road, isn't that the road she would have been walking on to reach home after the bus dropped her off?

Or would she had been walking down the dark color road toward what looks like a trailer or barn at 31 seconds in the video?

I have troubles telling my Left from my Right 99% of the Time so I am not sure, :blushing:

Maybe when Bern gets back on she can straighten it out. LOL

Okay, this is a very rough drawing.......

From the school to Jennifer's home is 10.5 miles
from the home to Spring Lake is 11.1 miles
from Spring Lake to the dump site behind the hospital is 12 miles

I included the other map too...

Attachments

• jim denny.jpg
    jim denny.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 34
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 30
How long on Jimmy Denny road did she have to walk before she got to her driveway?

Her drive way is Jim Denney road..... 200 yards to her home......

Bern, I was just typing this up when you posted your maps (TY!)
Please let me know if I have any of this wrong....Especially the found evidence.

I may be wrong,,,But from what I have read:

Jennifer is let off the bus at Jessimine and Jim Denney Rd.
She walks 200 yards (2 blocks?) east towards her house.
The pick up is seen following her.

Jim Denney is Jennifer's grandfather.
Most of the properties/acreage on this short street are owned by the family.
The video aerial view from the video shows LE and an in-ground pool. This property is at the end of JD Rd. Jennifer's house?

(At the time) Jennifer's new step father owns a tree trimming/"All Around" Fix up business with an address of Jim Denney Rd. The truck with the pipes, ladder, trailer hitch, etc. could be an employee/ex employee...Possibly with the intent of originally kidnapping Jennifer?

If you take Jessimine Rd north, (Iola Rd.) it will take you directly to Spring Lake, FL area where her remains were found. 12 miles directly to the west (Powell Rd) is where the clarinet was found. Couple was looking for "scrap metal" And "behind" Oak Hill Hospital...Backpack, etc. found. Backpack has an unknown finger print inside.

Jennifer Bus Stop.PNG

OK so from this bing map the bus was traveling south?

View attachment 12091

OK so from this bing map the bus was traveling south?

Look at my hand drawn map, the bus is going North because it is heading N to on Jassmine road and leaves her off in front of Jim Denney road. I think I am correct on this map, but I haven't driven to the locations yet. If you put your map next to mine you can see the orange grove there. She has to walk up that road, past those trees, up to her home. I may be a bit off, but not by far. Maybe another person who has been to the street will confirm it. But I know the walk to the house was 200 yards.....

Beatric,

the evidence found locations are correct. I put them on that other map. Click the thumb nail to see.

I have a question. The bus lets her out facing the drive way or Jim Denney road, and she goes E like on the map up the road towards the house. Now, if the bus stops and lets her out, and then closes the door and drives N, how does the truck follow her up the drive way in time for the kids to see this happening? They say it is sitting there, so do they mean facing E towards the house, pulled off to the side of that road? She would then have to walk past the truck in order for it to be following her. How long did the bus sit so the kids would see this take place? Or were the kids in the back of the bus looking out the back window and seeing him start up the truck and follow her?

I have a question. The bus lets her out facing the drive way or Jim Denney road, and she goes E like on the map up the road toward the house. Now, if the bus stops and lets her out, and then closes the door and drives N, how does the truck follow her up the drive way in time for the kids to see this happening? They say it is sitting there, so do they mean facing E toward the house, pulled off to the side of that road? She would then have to walk past the truck in order for it to be following her. How long did the bus sit so the kids would see this take place? Or were the kids in the back of the bus looking out the back window and seeing him start up the truck and follow her?

Very good point Bern, and from Video of the area from back then the trees were very little then so people would have seen him sitting there, Kind of risky, also she would have walked past his truck at that time. Hmmmm?:waitasec:

There is no mention of which school she attended.
There is a Sacred Heart Preschool south (Jennifer was 12 years old)
Her Memorial Mass was held at nearby Sacred Heart Church.....

OK I am super Map Challenged now Google and Bing Map are not helping :banghead:

Which one of these is Right??

Jeniffer odem map 1.PNG

Google Map!

Jennifer Odom Map 2.jpg

Bing Map!!!

:banghead:

There is no mention of which school she attended.
There is a Sacred Heart Preschool south (Jennifer was 12 years old)
Her Memorial Mass was held at nearby Sacred Heart Church.....

It is in one of the papers, Weightman Thomas Middle School.

the video showed a home with a pool, but the article said, she walked past the orange grove and past her grandmother house but never made it.

OK, I see which House,

However there is a big difference in distance she would have walked.

Also as to where the Truck would have been sitting, as to how far he would follow her.

He would also then need to turn around in his truck

and I am sure this would have alarmed her if the rues was to give her a ride home.

Also in the Video the woman points as she states, "there was a blue truck sitting just beyond those orange grove."

hmmmmmm:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platform
Back