FL Fl - Jennifer Perry, 13, Marathon, 30 July 1993

Her Charley Project page says her date of disappearance is March 30, 1993, but everything else I’ve read says she disappeared on July 30.

Jennifer Rae Perry – The Charley Project

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the owner?

Jennifer Rae Perry – The Charley Project

Last updated June 9, 2021; date of disappearance corrected, details of disappearance updated.

Missing Since: 07.30.1993

Details of Disappearance
Jennifer had a disagreement with her mother about curfew and left their residence in Marathon, Florida on July 30, 1993.

Although some sources stated she was a chronic runaway, her mother stated Jennifer had never run away before. She would sometimes leave the house after arguments with her mother, but would always go to her sister's nearby home, and her mother thinks she was probably headed there on the night of her disappearance. Jennifer never arrived at her sister's home that night and has never been heard from again.

According to her mother, Jennifer was going through a rebellious period when she disappeared in 1993 and had spent time at the Sheriff's Youth Ranch, a summer camp for at-risk children and young teenagers. At one point she accused her mother of abusing her, but when child welfare authorities came to the home to investigate, Jennifer recanted and admitted she made up the allegations because she was angry that her mother wouldn't let her go to an unchaperoned dance.

Investigators have said they believe Jennifer left of her own accord when she disappeared in 1993, but it is highly unusual for a child Jennifer's age to run away from home and disappear completely without a trace for decades. Her mother believes she never intended to run away and that she met with foul play, possibly trafficking. Her case remains unsolved.

Bumping for Jennifer, today is her birthday.
Thank you for remembering Jennifer's birthday. Recently, I was made aware of a Jane Doe found in Naples, Florida, and it is now being checked at NAMUS to see if her DNA matches those of her siblings and myself. Please keep her in your prayers. We are also working on Jen's disappearance being covered on the podcast called The Unfound.

@Sue Perry I volunteer for the Doe Network and would be happy to have your daughter's page updated to the correct and current information about her disappearance. If you like, feel free to contact me at tarakennedy(at)doenetwork.org and I will see that the page is updated with the correct information.

Just recently, I contacted the Charley Project and they did an update ...thank you for your help as it is much appreciated...far more than you know.

Sounds like she was snatched off the street, literally. If not, maybe she walked to the dance, walked to a friends place or intentionally met up with someone. Who else knew she’d likely be out walking that late at night? A patrol officer? A security person?

Yes, the Unfound Podcast is worth listening to. I am really wondering if the shady Police Officer had something to do with her disappearance.

Yes, the Unfound Podcast is worth listening to. I am really wondering if the shady Police Officer had something to do with her disappearance.
If so, could she be the skull they found in some back office, this jane doe? Namus says 1991, but according to the Medical Examiner's Office Website, this jane doe was found sometime before 1995, that is all they know...

1687564096868.png1687564117774.png

If so, could she be the skull they found in some back office, this jane doe? Namus says 1991, but according to the Medical Examiner's Office Website, this jane doe was found sometime before 1995, that is all they know...

View attachment 430788View attachment 430789
Also, it says on the Medical Examiner's website that the date the remains were found was sometime in 2008 - I am confused too why NamUs lists 1991 that body was found. I am going to dig and see if i can find an email for the Medical Examiner's office and I may send an email. (I hate calling but I may if I can't find an email)

So I emailed the Medical Examiner's office about the possible match between Jennifer and the Tampa Bay Jane Doe. He just got back to me.

Good morning Janell,

Our cold case investigation unit supervisor, Blake Patel has been notified and when he gets back in he will follow up with you accordingly. Thank you for reaching out.

Also, it says on the Medical Examiner's website that the date the remains were found was sometime in 2008 - I am confused too why NamUs lists 1991 that body was found. I am going to dig and see if i can find an email for the Medical Examiner's office and I may send an email. (I hate calling but I may if I can't find an email)
I think they found the file and skull in their office somewhere in 2008, and maybe they can’t fully read the file notes to understand the circumstances they originally located the skull. So I think they originally found it in the 90s, lost it, and found it again in 2008.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back