GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
Healey says court will stay as long as the jury thinks reasonable to debate verdict #DunnTrial

Healey willing to start closings as late as 1PM tomorrow, but if testimony goes later, closings would be Wednesday followed by deliberations

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
Healey says state wants 2 1/2 hrs for closing statement. Strolla says he wants about 1 1/2 hr. #DunnTrial

Attys. taking a 30 minute break to figure out some of these technical points. Will reconvene around 5. #DunnTrial

Is it normal that live stream is provided for reviewing charges and jury instructions?

From my limited experience and in MOO, it depends on the state and it depends on the judge. In the state of Florida, it is not uncommon. We heard almost everything other than discussions at sidebars or in chambers during the CA trial from Judge Belvin Perry's court.

Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 52s
"Never have I observed anything but a very calm demeanor" B. Berry on #michaeldunn. @strollalaw done w/ questions.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 7s
Corey on cross: Mrs. Berry did you play rap music at any of these social occasions? Were there any young black teens there? Strolla objects

Classic!!! :floorlaugh:

" Mr Dunn's peaceful reputation"

When they picked him up he had a tie dyed t-shirt with a big peace sign on it and long hair while smoking a doobie. I think his first words were; "Hey dudes, what took ya so long?" IIRC. :giggle:

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 20s
Ates is excused #DunnTrial

Why? Did he fart?

:scared: Calling the victim's father???

In any other state that would probably be an automatic backfire, but this is Florida.

FTLOG! I wanna slap Dunn for staring at the father. First time allllllllllllll day he has glared at a witness that I've seen.

:hiya: joypath!!

I didn't see it because I was napping, but it sounds like Strolla was trying to get a rise out of JD's dad.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-dunn-trial-state-rests-in-loud-music-murder-case/

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Jurors saw dramatic photos of the body of slain Florida teenager Jordan Davis Monday during the trial of the man accused in his killing, Michael Dunn, and viewed clothing Davis was wearing the evening he was shot to death.

The prosecution rested its case against Dunn early Monday afternoon after associate medical examiner Stacey Simons took the stand.

But in a combative cross-examination, defense attorney Cory Strolla asked whether Davis might have been standing outside the vehicle while he was shot. The position Davis was in when he was shot could be key as jurors determine whether Dunn shot in self-defense.

Did the state present any blood evidence from inside the car?

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
I've still got an ear on the courtroom to see if attys come back for more business soon. May finish technicalities tomorrow though.

Check the members list, it will show when she was last on.

I did try that, and it shows her last signed in in the summer. That's why I was asking if anyone knew what was going on.

Thanks anyway. Hopefully she's alright.

While we're waiting, has anyone seen anything so far from the defense that would cause you to vote not guilty in this case? It sure seems to be cut and dried for me. A big old guilty verdict.

The only thing I've seen that would cause a not guilty verdict is a Florida jury. JMO

I just knew the defense would call Ron Davis about the very thing they called him about, the visit the boys has with him after the murder. Pretty low trying to impeach the grieving father. I don't think he had much. If he did it would have become obvious.

GUILTY GUILTY with a capital G! May those big cheeks of Dunn rott and fall off whilst he rests inside the cage of hell.

Watching him just look so unremorseful the entire time, sickened me. Cant believe he done what he did and sits their with not even an ounce of guilt. Never even took the stand, dirty coward. Scarred to watch the verdict cause of the "state" their in #JustSaying

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Did LE finger print the tripod?

ciao

I hope the answer was; "No, because tripods aren't weapons."

Is Strolla trying to indicate that a leg of the tripod was the metal rod seen by Dunn? If so, there's no way Jordan Davis couldn't have gotten it out based on the current testimony.

IMO, it doesn't matter if JD had it in his hands. It's NOT a weapon. You can't shoot someone for pointing a tripod at you. JMO

How do you know how to cross examine an expert witness if you don't know what they will be testifying to? This reminds me of Alyce LaViolette debacle. IIRC, she did not prepare a report either. I agree with AC. I object to that witness too. :)

Due to TOS I cannot comment on ALV, but I think you guys know what I'd say. :floorlaugh:

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 34s
Considering the video feed is now dark, I find it unlikely we'll hear any more from attys tonight #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 59m
At the courthouse early today, lawyers supposed to meet at 8 to decide on potential expert testimony. Not sure if open to media #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 4m
Reminder: If everything goes as judge expects, we could see #DunnTrial closings later today, jury delib tomorrow AM #MichaelDunn

I've been coughing and couldn't sleep. So now I'm getting close to being able to go back to sleep. I have a feeling that while I'm sleeping MD will take the stand and I'll miss it live!! :stormingmad:

I would like to thank all of you who are in support of the Davis family. This is a very personal case for me and too difficult for me to actively participate. Please keep positive thoughts. Thank you again.

I would like to thank all of you who are in support of the Davis family. This is a very personal case for me and too difficult for me to actively participate. Please keep positive thoughts. Thank you again.

We're 100% behind you on this! Let's hope there is at least one group of 12 people who can understand testimony in Florida.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 6m
With media not getting in to 8am #DunnTrial hearing, we will find out at 9am whether Strolla can intro "expert on acute stress response"

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
Speculation swirling if 1 witness will be #MichaelDunn. Only thing clear is witness HAS to speak on "use of justifiable force" #DunnTrial

We have a Frye or Daubert hearing for Dr. John Abuso!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikishaF