• Missing Since: December 23, 1988
  • Missing From: Daytona Beach, Volusia County, Florida
  • Classification: Endangered missing/Involuntary
Description:
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: Asian - Korean
  • Date of Birth: January 27, 1963
  • Height and Weight: 4'11, 103 pounds
  • Hair Color and Eye Color: Black hair, brown eyes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Cesarean section scar on her abdomen. Pierced ears.
  • Clothing and Personal Items: Red shirt, ivory-colored pants and possibly garnet earrings.
  • Nicknames/Aliases: Julie Lynn Braswell Seay.
  • Identifiers: Dentals available.
Details of Disappearance:
Seay was last seen by her boss as she left work in Daytona Beach, Florida on December 23, 1988. She was reported missing on December 25 after she failed to show up for a Christmas celebration. After her disappearance, Seay's blue 1988 Chevrolet Sprint was found backed into a parking space in a city lot in the 200 block of Magnolia Avenue, near Beach Street. It was unlocked and her purse was still inside. The driver's seat was adjusted for someone taller than her.

Seay left behind two young sons and was recently divorced at the time of her disappearance. No one has been charged in her case, but foul play is suspected. Her whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigating Agency:
Daytona Beach Police Department
Call: (386) 671-5219
Cold case tips line: (866) 419-8573
Agency Case Number: 88005218

Crime Stoppers
Call: 888-277-TIPS

Julie Lynn Seay – The Charley Project
Missing Person / NamUs #MP1626
The Doe Network: Case File 1125DFFL

For reference: This article was published March 01, 2001. Interesting that they’ve returned more than once to this address. Who was this person to last see her, the boss???

Snip
“After using an underground radar device and police dogs Wednesday, investigators couldn't find Seay's body at the Tula Drive home. This was the third time in six years hopeful detectives had searched the grounds.”

I lived at 26 Tula the first time they searched for her when they dug up the backyard. I was about 8.

I think about her from time to time and hope that there's been progress in her case. Her family is very active and they have a Facebook group - Log in or sign up to view

The suspect is also linked to disappearances in Spring, TX and Bangor, ME. All very similar to Julie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back