Found Deceased FL - Katherine Altagracia Guerrero De Aguasvias, 31, missing after possible armed carjacking recorded by witness, Winter Springs, 11 Apr 2024

I wonder what item 11 in the complaint, quoted below, is meant to signify, if anything:

11. I checked with the maker of VICTIM VEHICLE, who confirmed that VICTIM VEHICLE was delivered from outside the state of Florida to Florida in 2017.

Yes, all third generation Durangos are built at Stellantis Detroit Jefferson. That’s a given. That its first owner bought it in Florida matters why? The only other relevant place name discussed in the PCA outside of the state is the territory of Puerto Rico, where Garcia faced federal weapons charges at a different time and in a separate case.

From the beginning, the license plate of the Durango was publicized and, presumably, even after being burnt out it may have been enough for a preliminary match. Is this item just confirming that the VIN of the burnt out Durango matches the one Katherine was driving? If so, this is verified through DMV, not Dodge.

It’s such a short document, with a lot of DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS throatclearing at the beginning, I don’t get why this bit about the Durango was included, edited: unless there’s more The Only Green Acura Like This in the State!!1! telegraphing afoot.

I guess Katherine was alone in her vehicle as there's no mention of any others accompanying her (and only one body was found in the torched Durango). So, obviously, she opened the rear drivers' side door herself but... I have short arms and invariably struggle when I attempt to do this. I've just been re-thinking this lately. (Maybe I'm also uncoordinated, lol)

jmo

I guess Katherine was alone in her vehicle as there's no mention of any others accompanying her (and only one body was found in the torched Durango). So, obviously, she opened the rear drivers' side door herself but... I have short arms and invariably struggle when I attempt to do this. I've just been re-thinking this lately. (Maybe I'm also uncoordinated, lol)

jmo
I'm not a car person, but does anyone know if a 2017 car would have a button to automatically unlock the back doors without having to reach for it? If so, maybe she would have been able to just give the unlocked door a little push?

I'm not a car person, but does anyone know if a 2017 car would have a button to automatically unlock the back doors without having to reach for it? If so, maybe she would have been able to just give the unlocked door a little push?

It's the push that I'd have trouble with but, then again, I've never attempted it with a gun pointed at me.
jmo

jmo
In the video, it appears that Garcia opens her door first (or she opened it… maybe hoping he just wanted the car and whatever was in it). It looks like he maybe leans over her or pushes her back into the car for a second or two before he unlocks the doors, opens the rear car door, and then hops into the back seat.

A FRIENDLY PSA: I wish she would have blown through that red light. Getting to safety is worth the price of a traffic fine. In fact, if a cop had shown up... even better!

The truth is -- social rules are often the best and most reliable weapon a criminal has at his disposal. These rules are so ingrained in us that we blindly obey them without thinking — even when our life is in danger. To avoid falling into a trap, we must always remember that it’s okay to drive on the grass, cause a scene, run a red light, drive over the median, shove through a crowd, or fill-in-the-blank if someone is trying to cause us bodily harm. Criminals don't consider themselves bound by societal constraints, but they expect that YOU will. Don't give them that advantage. :)

In the video, it appears that Garcia opens her door first (or she opened it… maybe hoping he just wanted the car and whatever was in it). It looks like he maybe leans over her or pushes her back into the car for a second or two before he unlocks the doors, opens the rear car door, and then hops into the back seat.

A FRIENDLY PSA: I wish she would have blown through that red light. Getting to safety is worth the price of a traffic fine. In fact, if a cop had shown up... even better!

The truth is -- social rules are often the best and most reliable weapon a criminal has at his disposal. These rules are so ingrained in us that we blindly obey them without thinking — even when our life is in danger. To avoid falling into a trap, we must always remember that it’s okay to drive on the grass, cause a scene, run a red light, drive over the median, shove through a crowd, or fill-in-the-blank if someone is trying to cause us bodily harm. Criminals don't consider themselves bound by societal constraints, but they expect that YOU will. Don't give them that advantage. :)

Thank you for posting the video again! Yep, he opens the rear door. And, ITA with your friendly PSA... valuable info!

Confusing to the police might be that some of these folks easily have AKA's due to their hyphenated names. I need to clear my giant poster board, get new push pins and red and yellow yarn.
You are 100% correct on this. Court records are nuts... Sometimes the two last names may be hyphenated, sometimes they are spaced apart. Sometimes they are run together as one last name. And (at least for Orange County court records) you have to type it exactly as it is.

You have to actually do three or more different searches for *each* last name to make sure you cover your bases

And another perp. What a big web …..

Looking for another MSM link because I’m not sure Fox News is permitted anymore.]

Snip

The third person allegedly involved, Kevin Ocasio Justiniano, 28, was arrested Monday by the U.S. Marshals in Puerto Rico in charges unrelated to the carjacking case. He's facing federal charges of possession of an automatic weapon and drug trafficking, Sheriff Lemma said. He will be extradited to Central Florida to face charges in the Middle District of Florida related to the carjacking.
Has anyone else read the complaint for Kevin Ocasio Justiniano's federal charges?

The Conway Road drug house that was "a target of a DEA investigation" is really interesting.

Thank you. So it sounds like if she had the lock knob down and decided to run the red light, she might have had a chance.
She had a great window right before the line of cars making the left in front of her got the light. If she timed it right, she could have left the Acura stuck as the cars made that turn.

That situational awareness is asking a hell of a lot from a woman, alone and hours from her own city... who was probably scared out of her mind.

Case is now going to feds. I sure hope they get all these perps swiftly of the street and don't use the case findings as a honey pot. You have to wonder how much the feds knew already about these people since the Girlfriend of Geovany was already being stung..

Bricks of cocaine tucked away in a lamp fixture are the latest twist in the investigation into the carjacking and murder of a Homestead woman in Central Florida.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine2u49
Back