Found Deceased FL - Katherine Altagracia Guerrero De Aguasvias, 31, missing after possible armed carjacking recorded by witness, Winter Springs, 11 Apr 2024

Thank you and yes great summary thoughts here! And early in the morning after reading the case unfold. It is complicated and all over the place IMO.

It sure seems that someone wanted that green Acura for use in some activity. Either by familiarity or to set a false narrative perhaps? Whether or not that is a red herring will hopefully become apparent soon. But the prior history of that vehicle both properly registered and ‘slid around’ will be important. As is the Durango’s vehicle owner pedigree.

I also wonder who put that ‘For Sale’ lettering on the Durango rear window? And when that was done. That seems critical IMO. And why the poor victim was in it and there and then?

Not sure of the year of that Acura…… but seems much earlier than a 2017 Durango? So which is more valuable seems apparent? Unless the Acura’s unique and rare nature is elevating its value. Then again maybe it is a sentimental or more of a nefarious interest to someone? MOO
Pure speculation but I wonder if they specifically targeted the Acura because it would be too old to have an infotainment unit or internal GPS so their prior movements could not be tracked when the car was abandoned. IMO

Hey, welcome to WS!
I love your last paragraph and how you point out that perhaps Katherine's husband was making sure he was actually meeting with LE and it wasn't some other ruse or trap he was walking into. Great post.
I was thinking this when I learned that the officer involved in trying to get info was a friend and known to the husband. I think some people are afraid of police or maybe they fear looking like they are talking to police so did he have his friend call to confirm the lead detective and get the info so he could reach out directly. Maybe he didn't want to walk in to the police station or have the police come to his house. If he's afraid of something or someone, I can see wanting to be sure who you were talking to was actually the person on the case. I just don't understand why the officer got the photo ID and address of the detective. Was he going to take the husband to the detectives house? I would think calling first and setting up a meeting at location other than the police station would be possible, but not at the detectives house. It just sent way past helping his friend who might be afraid. I can't put my finger on what exactly is going on, but something is just really off.

This whole case has me planning what to do a) if a vehicle purposely boxes me in or otherwise harasses me on the highway; b) I get carjacked; and c) I visit Florida.

We’re thinking deliberately smash into something if carjacked? Gotta have a Florida plan….

I actually have been harassed by a truck on the interstate, but I didn’t have a plan, and when I was a kid, I saw 2 trucks purposely sandwich a car in rural countryside on a secondary road.

I’m wondering why the hubby didn’t tell the victim to pull into a gas station or busy parking lot while he called 911.
There's lots of Floridians on WS. Let us know when you're in town and I'm sure someone will be local and can take care of you :cool: If I ever get carjacked, I'll do everything I can to not go with them. Or just sit there and hope they don't shoot. Of course easy to say what I'd do when it's not really happening. But I'd rather be killed on the spot than somewhere else. Chances of them shooting you in public is a lot less than out in a deserted field.

But then we learned it had been “released,” post-towing back in March, under undisclosed circumstances. Not to the original owners nor the post-auction Buy ‘n’ Pay Here place. The new owner who failed to transfer ownership and file for reg is not explicitly named.

How’d THAT buyer, the unregistered one, track it down? We’re led to believe it’s the same person, I suppose. We were told our first victim picked it up after it looked dumped (illegally parked at an apartment complex in Orlando), like it had already served some unknown purpose. Where it went thereafter is not disclosed. Towing yard? His own home? Released for cash? But then it was used for two incredibly indiscreet known crimes (including the person last in record possession of it!) and dumped again in Orange County. Conspicuous auto, conspicuous casings, lots of overkill and theatrical violence. Somebody is being very ostentatious.
Great post, thank you and welcome to WS.

I don't know that the Acura was necessarily dumped outside of the complex in March. It was illegally parked because it had been backed into a spot if I understood yesterday's presser correctly. I have thought of two separate possibilities.

One, the vehicle was left at the complex in March purposely. We know the Acura was passed around, could that particular vehicle have had a specific purpose, that certain individuals knew about? Maybe the tow truck driver had knowledge of this purpose, and maybe he was asked to tow the vehicle in order to help facilitate things. What may have went wrong after that, I don't know.

The second thought I had, was if the tow truck driver obtained knowledge of the vehicle and its purpose, then intercepted it for reasons unknown. I think it's possible that both the tow truck driver and the killers knew eachother, or knew OF eachother, or knew people in common. Maybe not directly connected, but loosely connected. I think that more people are likely involved and it's possible that there's some sort of network at play here.

Great point in terms of why this particular Acura is so important. Did the people using it to facilitate crimes not realize how rare it was? Had the vehicle received special after market modifications that meant that it was particularly important? Or, is it simply, as mentioned, a red herring?

JMO

This whole case has me planning what to do a) if a vehicle purposely boxes me in or otherwise harasses me on the highway; b) I get carjacked; and c) I visit Florida.

We’re thinking deliberately smash into something if carjacked? Gotta have a Florida plan….

I actually have been harassed by a truck on the interstate, but I didn’t have a plan, and when I was a kid, I saw 2 trucks purposely sandwich a car in rural countryside on a secondary road.

I’m wondering why the hubby didn’t tell the victim to pull into a gas station or busy parking lot while he called 911.
DBM, I misunderstood the post.
I wonder if she knew where the police station was located?

There's lots of Floridians on WS. Let us know when you're in town and I'm sure someone will be local and can take care of you :cool: If I ever get carjacked, I'll do everything I can to not go with them. Or just sit there and hope they don't shoot. Of course easy to say what I'd do when it's not really happening. But I'd rather be killed on the spot than somewhere else. Chances of them shooting you in public is a lot less than out in a deserted field.
Never let them take you nor you drive to a second location. Maybe a hospital emergency drive up would be a good idea? At least if you are shot.

Last edited:
I don't know that the Acura was necessarily dumped outside of the complex in March. It was illegally parked because it had been backed into a spot if I understood yesterday's presser correctly. I have thought of two separate possibilities.

Oh, yes, that’s a fair point. Unfounded assumption on my part, there.

One, the vehicle was left at the complex in March purposely. We know the Acura was passed around, could that particular vehicle have had a specific purpose, that certain individuals knew about? Maybe the tow truck driver had knowledge of this purpose, and maybe he was asked to tow the vehicle in order to help facilitate things. What may have went wrong after that, I don't know.

The second thought I had, was if the tow truck driver obtained knowledge of the vehicle and its purpose, then intercepted it for reasons unknown. I think it's possible that both the tow truck driver and the killers knew eachother, or knew OF eachother, or knew people in common. Maybe not directly connected, but loosely connected. I think that more people are likely involved and it's possible that there's some sort of network at play here.

So interesting! Both of these possibilities seem compelling and probable. Towing to intentionally transport the car or its potentially illegal contents, maybe using a towyard to hide it for a while or to get it to another party. Or just coming across something concerning inside post-tow. As you say, recognizing the purpose of it or maybe devising a plan to take advantage of that knowledge.

I can’t recall how this was worded, but at the presser there was mention I think of an irregularity after the tow, registered owner (the family) ought to have been contacted but was not by the tower. An oversight or regular practice, maybe?

Perhaps if this was all his own bad luck, he was approached by the new owner, offered cash for release, thought nothing of it. The car flies under the radar for a month until it’s needed for an intentionally timed abduction and murder (and possible theft of whatever Katherine might have had with her or could lead them to in that part of the state, or a failed ransom in between). If it were premeditated, and the new owner did recognize the comparative rarity of this model, year, and color Acura, perhaps the reasoning was that no kickback in March would keep the towtruck driver quiet when its involvement hit the news, provided he wasn’t already deeply embedded in whatever enterprise is pulling these strings. Better to get him sooner than later. Terrorize other unknown witnesses in the bargain.

But if the tow was an unforced error that created risk if it were to be used again, why did it need to be reclaimed at all? If something were inside, track it down and take it. If the car itself could be used as evidence in an earlier crime, take it and burn/sink it. We know they understand how to burn out a car.

Could the unregistered buyer and this criminal enterprise be two unrelated parties and this is all a coincidence? Like everyone else, I’d love to know what made this model so desirable when there are thousands of more nondescript cars with even less 21st century tracking tech and software built in, and easier to hotwire off the street the night before you plan to murder someone rather than spend that night assassinating the man you apparently (with his consent?) got it from.

The unnecessary complications and viciousness involved are striking. I wonder if that speaks of a compulsion towards creativity/complexity or a cascading series of poor, unexamined choices by people working in tandem but without the means to directly speak to each other. Or something else, besides.

Great post, thank you and welcome to WS.

Great point in terms of why this particular Acura is so important. Did the people using it to facilitate crimes not realize how rare it was? Had the vehicle received special after market modifications that meant that it was particularly important? Or, is it simply, as mentioned, a red herring?

JMO
These are great points in this case. It is still quite odd and baffling. I also like the thinking of grannygates above in post #241 about maybe that early model Acura might not possess certain GPS or electronic navigation systems etc.

Also Eli9 post #164 above seems pertinent as to the tow truck driver? There is a note in that post with a link (if I understand correctly referring to the tow truck driver):

“He was facing a misdemeanor that was filed March 28, 2024”.

I am still puzzled. But it seems all three of the parties in this case (and that of the two truck driver) IIRC, the slain tow truck driver, the husband of KAGA, and the individual(s) associated with the green Acura appear to be involved with used vehicles?

Wonder what that misdemeanor was about and the timing for its next hearings or legal actions? MOO

Apologies if any of this has been brought up. I went through the entire thread and don't remember seeing any of it mentioned.

Did the Acura change driver's before the video started? The driver's door is open (obviously) but the vehicle is also in park. You can clearly see when the brake lights come on as the brake is applied to put it back in gear. But it reverses... why? At first I thought it was because the Acura was fully against the Durango from ramming it... but the Durango doesn't even slightly move when the Acura backs up.

The gunman goes straight to the driver's door and tries to open it. When it is locked, he motions with the gun. After he opens the driver's door and is standing inside of it, the rear door opens. He doesn't appear to have moved enough to have opened it from the inside himself... or from the outside (he does open it wider though before he gets in). Was something wrong with the rear driver's side outdoor handle mechanism... and was he aware of that?

Right before the driver's door is opened, the Durango is put into park. You can see the brake lights go off. At first I thought that she knew why this was happening (pure speculation on my part). Now I think that she truly thought, initially, they wanted the Durango and she put it in park anticipating getting out of it. She apparently puts the Durango back into drive after the last car turns left through the light, right before she gets the green light.

How much time elapses when the video cuts out and then back? Suddenly we can see the dash and the cars making the left through the light (which were not visible in the frame before it cuts out). Did the driver behind the Acura who was filming accidentally pause the video and restart or did something happen that was clipped out before the video was released? I don't feel it could have been that much time...

If something were inside, track it down and take it.
What if what was left inside was gone?

I wonder why they continued to use the Acura after the first murder. That's pretty brazen and to me means the killers were confident. But were they experienced? They used the same Acura and same gun the next day to kill Katherine. Did they have a reason for using that particular gun and vehicle, or was it just what they had available?

I wonder why they didn't burn that Acura. Did they intend to keep using it? If they had a criminal history in the States, they didn't seem to care that their DNA could be found. Were they confident that the murders wouldn't be investigated to such an extent? Or did they travel in from another country?

IF this abduction had been carefully planned, why did they decide to abduct Katherine in broad daylight at a busy intersection? Couldn't they have set her up to drive to a more secluded area? Or did they get tipped off by someone close to her about where she would be? I wonder if they began trailing her after Katherine left a pre-planned meeting or event. Or did they just happen to spot her?

Inam still puzzled. But it seems all three of the parties in this case (and that of the two truck driver) IIRC, the slain tow truck driver, the husband of KAGA, and the individual(s) associated with the green Acura appear to be involved with used vehicles?

I didn't even think of that. Is it possible that the vehicle actually WAS the reason behind this? I think police are investigating the history of that Durango, as that MAY fill in some pieces of the puzzle. Maybe the For Sale sign has some meaning after all.

Oh, yes, that’s a fair point. Unfounded assumption on my part, there.

So interesting! Both of these possibilities seem compelling and probable. Towing to intentionally transport the car or its potentially illegal contents, maybe using a towyard to hide it for a while or to get it to another party. Or just coming across something concerning inside post-tow. As you say, recognizing the purpose of it or maybe devising a plan to take advantage of that knowledge.

I can’t recall how this was worded, but at the presser there was mention I think of an irregularity after the tow, registered owner (the family) ought to have been contacted but was not by the tower. An oversight or regular practice, maybe?

Perhaps if this was all his own bad luck, he was approached by the new owner, offered cash for release, thought nothing of it. The car flies under the radar for a month until it’s needed for an intentionally timed abduction and murder (and possible theft of whatever Katherine might have had with her or could lead them to in that part of the state, or a failed ransom in between). If it were premeditated, and the new owner did recognize the comparative rarity of this model, year, and color Acura, perhaps the reasoning was that no kickback in March would keep the towtruck driver quiet when its involvement hit the news, provided he wasn’t already deeply embedded in whatever enterprise is pulling these strings. Better to get him sooner than later. Terrorize other unknown witnesses in the bargain.

But if the tow was an unforced error that created risk if it were to be used again, why did it need to be reclaimed at all? If something were inside, track it down and take it. If the car itself could be used as evidence in an earlier crime, take it and burn/sink it. We know they understand how to burn out a car.

Could the unregistered buyer and this criminal enterprise be two unrelated parties and this is all a coincidence? Like everyone else, I’d love to know what made this model so desirable when there are thousands of more nondescript cars with even less 21st century tracking tech and software built in, and easier to hotwire off the street the night before you plan to murder someone rather than spend that night assassinating the man you apparently (with his consent?) got it from.

The unnecessary complications and viciousness involved are striking. I wonder if that speaks of a compulsion towards creativity/complexity or a cascading series of poor, unexamined choices by people working in tandem but without the means to directly speak to each other. Or something else, besides.
I would have thought that car was pretty inconspicuous before learning how rare it was.

I mean... if I were up to something extremely illegal, a foreign, four door green sedan (pre-navigation/GPS system) would have sounded perfect to me. It absolutely would never have occurred to me that it could be the only operable one in the entire state (uh, lesson learned).

An Acura wouldn't have been my first choice but if that was made available me...

Which brings me to agreeing that it seems unnecessarily complicated and risky to try and retrieve a car that was towed for being illegally parked and then using it in two murders (one being the guy who towed it in the first place).

It seems much more likely that the people in possession of the vehicle when it was illegally parked (buy here, pay here) are not the same folks who used it in the two murders.

I think it is highly possible that the green Acura was released from the tow yard specifically to be used in the carjacking/murder, however I also think that it's possible whoever released it (presumably the driver/owner) from the tow yard thought it would be used for some other (likely illegal) purpose. Whomever released it would be the only person able to connect the Acura to the carjackers.

I think it's safe to assume it wasn't towed with a key... which means a reliable way to start the car would be necessary. That model Acura has a transponder chip in the key and an immobilizer system as a security feature. It doesn't take much effort to change the ignition switch and remove the immobilizer chip from the engine control unit. Lots of DIY information is available on the internet.

The person who took the video of the carjacking screwed everything up for these people. It made the carjacking/murder extremely high profile AND it allowed the police to quickly identify the year, make, and model of the Acura and discover there was only one operable im the entire state. The police were never supposed to be able to connect the carjacking to the tow truck driver so quickly (though they would have got there eventually through ballistics if it is indeed the same 10mm firearm used in both).

It seems crazy to me that they didn't burn out the Acura. I keep flip-flopping... on one hand starting a vehicle fire brings attention, on the other hand it destroys evidence (though it could create more). I don't know if ditching the Acura in an empty apartment complex is a sign of confidence or that they were panicking.

My daughter brought up a great question.

When she called her husband to say that someone was ramming her from behind and the husband said don’t stop, why did they end the call? I guess we don’t know that 100%, but it’s never been mentioned he stayed on the line with her…or did one of them say they were going to call 911, but then didn’t for whatever reason.

When she called her husband to say that someone was ramming her from behind and the husband said don’t stop, why did they end the call? I guess we don’t know that 100%, but it’s never been mentioned he stayed on the line with her…or did one of them say they were going to call 911, but then didn’t for whatever reason.
That’s a great point. I can’t even imagine calling mt husband saying OMG, a car is following me and hitting my bumper. And he just says don’t stop, talk to you later. Wth.

And I think even though LE is being deliberately cautious with their statements about husband, they must be wondering the same thing. I believe Lemma said something to that effect in the first news conference, suggesting spouse never heard back from her and never called her back. That’s why they are saying they think he knows more than he’s saying. It’s crazy. Even IF husband is not involved in the planning of her death, he surely didn’t appear to care very much about her safety.

Do we know for sure that they did end the call? Is it possible that he was still on the phone with her at the intersection when the carjacking actually occured. Or during the whole event?

I've been thinking a lot about the lack of a call to LE. I will be perfectly honest... I'm not a huge fan of the police. I've got a pretty good personal experience to justify my feelings... and I try to remember the individual as opposed to the whole. But it can be really, really hard sometimes. I don't involve myself with the police unless it's absolutely necessary. And I truly mean absolutely necessary.

I do have a strong sense of right and wrong... and if a situation requires it, I will swallow my bias and do what is right. Even if that means having some type of interaction with them (like after witnessing an accident).

Anyway, my feelings made me wonder if there could be some kind of cultural differences at play here. If the possibility exists that Katherine and her husband being from the Dominican Republic has any influence on how they responded to the carjacking. I didn't know...

Turns out, corruption in the military and National Police is quite the problem in the Dominican Republic. Reading a report by our DOJ (citing other sources) that while attempts have been made to address the corruption, in a 2019 study 61.2% of the country acknowledged that police involvement in crime is a problem. In 2020 a study found that almost 50% of the people asked stated that they were forced to pay a bribe during an interaction with police. The 2019 study acknowledged the attempts at addressing the situation and stated that confidence in the National Police has risen to 39.9% from 25.5% in 2016.

I'm not saying that I necessarily believe this is what happened... but I think we need to acknowledge that the possibility exists that Katherine and her husband didn't initially call the police because it wouldn't naturally be a first response for them (unlike us who are conditioned to call 911 at the drop of a dime... some of my neighbors will call 911 because my other neighbors are shooting off fireworks after 10 p.m.).

It makes me wonder if the phone call and request for information about the detective was (on the husband's part) simply an attempt to find out what kind of person and cop she was... and the deputy took it to an extreme with all the information he tried to provide.

I know I am kind of playing devil's advocate here... the whole idea of seeking the detective's personal information for any reason that's not nefarious is kind of hard to swallow. I just like to try and explore all the possibilities.

Do we know for sure that they did end the call? Is it possible that he was still on the phone with her at the intersection when the carjacking actually occured. Or during the whole event?

I've been thinking a lot about the lack of a call to LE. I will be perfectly honest... I'm not a huge fan of the police. I've got a pretty good personal experience to justify my feelings... and I try to remember the individual as opposed to the whole. But it can be really, really hard sometimes. I don't involve myself with the police unless it's absolutely necessary. And I truly mean absolutely necessary.

I do have a strong sense of right and wrong... and if a situation requires it, I will swallow my bias and do what is right. Even if that means having some type of interaction with them (like after witnessing an accident).

Anyway, my feelings made me wonder if there could be some kind of cultural differences at play here. If the possibility exists that Katherine and her husband being from the Dominican Republic has any influence on how they responded to the carjacking. I didn't know...

Turns out, corruption in the military and National Police is quite the problem in the Dominican Republic. Reading a report by our DOJ (citing other sources) that while attempts have been made to address the corruption, in a 2019 study 61.2% of the country acknowledged that police involvement in crime is a problem. In 2020 a study found that almost 50% of the people asked stated that they were forced to pay a bribe during an interaction with police. The 2019 study acknowledged the attempts at addressing the situation and stated that confidence in the National Police has risen to 39.9% from 25.5% in 2016.

I'm not saying that I necessarily believe this is what happened... but I think we need to acknowledge that the possibility exists that Katherine and her husband didn't initially call the police because it wouldn't naturally be a first response for them (unlike us who are conditioned to call 911 at the drop of a dime... some of my neighbors will call 911 because my other neighbors are shooting off fireworks after 10 p.m.).

It makes me wonder if the phone call and request for information about the detective was (on the husband's part) simply an attempt to find out what kind of person and cop she was... and the deputy took it to an extreme with all the information he tried to provide.

I know I am kind of playing devil's advocate here... the whole idea of seeking the detective's personal information for any reason that's not nefarious is kind of hard to swallow. I just like to try and explore all the possibilities.
Lots of good information in your post! I didn't even consider they might not involve police due to their home country and how the police are known there.

I appreciate you sharing your story also and I am sorry you have had a personal experience that has changed your view of the police.

My initial thinking was they didn't call the police because of something they were doing not being on the up and up. I think the combo of him saying she was there visiting family and then no family is in the area and neither of them calling the police when she was rammed made me think she was there for a reason neither of them wanted the police to know about, but you sharing about the police in the Dominican Republic gives me another possible reason for the lacking of calling AND the police officer friend doing what he did.

I will admit my own personal bias (married to a military police officer/no bad interactions with police) made me think why the heck didn't she call 911? I think if I'm being rammed from behind while driving I wouldn't even consider the police wouldn't help me if I called and it made me sad that others do fear calling or fear they won't help.

That’s a great point. I can’t even imagine calling mt husband saying OMG, a car is following me and hitting my bumper. And he just says don’t stop, talk to you later. Wth.

And I think even though LE is being deliberately cautious with their statements about husband, they must be wondering the same thing. I believe Lemma said something to that effect in the first news conference, suggesting spouse never heard back from her and never called her back. That’s why they are saying they think he knows more than he’s saying. It’s crazy. Even IF husband is not involved in the planning of her death, he surely didn’t appear to care very much about her safety.
I didn't watch the whole conference so I've missed the part about Lemma insinuating that the husband never attempted to call her back.

I'd be out the door, pistol in hand (maybe more if I'm leaving from home). I don't care if she hours away or if it's illogical. I'm keeping her on the phone and grabbing someone else's to call 911. And she knows to keep that phone with her, whatever happens, and I'll find her or get someone to her first.
We share locations... I ended up in the hospital once, unconscious, and that's how she found me.

Which makes me wonder... did Katherine share locations with anyone (husband or otherwise )???

The way this has been portrayed so far makes the husband look horrific. I don't know that we are getting the full story yet with him. It absolutely seems like he knows more than what he has told police (or what we've been told he said to police).

This looks targeted... so it happened for a reason. To remove her, to punish someone, send a message to someone, etc. Unless she led some kind of secret double life... you expect the person closest to her to know the possible answer.

Lots of good information in your post! I didn't even consider they might not involve police due to their home country and how the police are known there.

I appreciate you sharing your story also and I am sorry you have had a personal experience that has changed your view of the police.

My initial thinking was they didn't call the police because of something they were doing not being on the up and up. I think the combo of him saying she was there visiting family and then no family is in the area and neither of them calling the police when she was rammed made me think she was there for a reason neither of them wanted the police to know about, but you sharing about the police in the Dominican Republic gives me another possible reason for the lacking of calling AND the police officer friend doing what he did.

I will admit my own personal bias (married to a military police officer/no bad interactions with police) made me think why the heck didn't she call 911? I think if I'm being rammed from behind while driving I wouldn't even consider the police wouldn't help me if I called and it made me sad that others do fear calling or fear they won't help.
My initial thoughts were pretty much the same as yours... that she was on an errand, performing some task for something they were involved in or that he was involved in. Stupidly I didn't consider it could be something she alone was involved in. Whatever scenario it was, that task was something the police couldn't know about.

I'm not ready to discount any of that. The police statement about the husband saying she visiting family which do not appear to exist is damning. Why lie about something so easily verified? It draws suspicion on you from the get go.

I appreciate your words. It's been close to 20 years but the distrust will never go away. It fluctuates in intensity... I don't want to distract from the focus of the thread (Katherine) but I do sincerely appreciate your words.

That truly seems to be one of several pertinent intersections between the three crimes/possible conspiracies happening here.

At the presser, there was a bit of a marble-mouthed statement about how the Acura came to be “located” at the residence of the tow truck driver. We are told it, or something very like it, was “seen” at the time of the assassination and the implication is that some or all remnants of firepower (the relevant 10mm + other rounds, indicating at least two shooters or two weapons) emanated from it, but the wording was just ambiguous enough that it sounded like the Acura had already been there.

But then we learned it had been “released,” post-towing back in March, under undisclosed circumstances. Not to the original owners nor the post-auction Buy ‘n’ Pay Here place. The new owner who failed to transfer ownership and file for reg is not explicitly named.

How’d THAT buyer, the unregistered one, track it down? We’re led to believe it’s the same person, I suppose. We were told our first victim picked it up after it looked dumped (illegally parked at an apartment complex in Orlando), like it had already served some unknown purpose. Where it went thereafter is not disclosed. Towing yard? His own home? Released for cash? But then it was used for two incredibly indiscreet known crimes (including the person last in record possession of it!) and dumped again in Orange County. Conspicuous auto, conspicuous casings, lots of overkill and theatrical violence. Somebody is being very ostentatious.

The other intersection for which we only have surface detail is where the third crime emerges, the deputy phoning up the detective under false pretenses. A conversation was had that felt immediately unusual to the detective looking at Katherine’s abduction and murder, who we’re assured revealed no case details, but that the deputy’s purported reason for phoning was as a concerned cousin (literal or figurative) to Katherine or Miguel. Soliciting personal information about the investigative team leader sounds comically sinister, but I wonder whether they were vetting her as a safe pair of hands rather than as a potential adversary. Do the victims here have reason to suspect LE in Seminole, Orange, or Osceola counties might be compromised or involved? “Don’t worry, this is not an ambush, these people are actually cops” sort of thing. Miguel could be forgiven for being paranoid about meeting strangers, maybe. Or perhaps an inartful attempt at pulling strings like affluent, well-connected people do when they, I don’t know, phone the mayor and demands special service. Deputy definitely knows better. That Miguel chose to receive and then retain proof of this criminality (illegally obtained photos, recordings, etc) on his own phone and not a burner does not suggest much sophistication, criminal or otherwise. I note that other hypothetically incriminating information which would have simultaneously discovered has not led to his own arrest, which may indicate that this third crime is one of almost unfathomable stupidity on the part of both men, not direct conspiracy with other parties.
The problem with the dirty cop and his wife….they seem not only to have reached out to the detective, but also gone into the confidential database to get names and home addresses. I’m not sure anything could be read into this except nefariousness.

On the car…it was tracked all spring via the VIN . The tow truck driver was required by law to record the VIN. The VIN was prolly also recorded at buy/sell, even if the vehicle wasn’t registered with the state, Great detective work, though.

Thank you and yes great summary thoughts here! And early in the morning after reading the case unfold. It is complicated and all over the place IMO.

It sure seems that someone wanted that green Acura for use in some activity. Either by familiarity or to set a false narrative perhaps? Whether or not that is a red herring will hopefully become apparent soon. But the prior history of that vehicle both properly registered and ‘slid around’ will be important. As is the Durango’s vehicle owner pedigree.

I also wonder who put that ‘For Sale’ lettering on the Durango rear window? And when that was done. That seems critical IMO. And why the poor victim was in it and there and then?

Not sure of the year of that Acura…… but seems much earlier than a 2017 Durango? So which is more valuable seems apparent? Unless the Acura’s unique and rare nature is elevating its value. Then again maybe it is a sentimental or more of a nefarious interest to someone? MOO
My first thought was that someone put the for sale sign in the window for the sole purpose of making the vehicle identifiable. There must be a lotta white Durangos on the streets.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocoflakes51
Back