Found Deceased FL - Katherine Altagracia Guerrero De Aguasvias, 31, missing after possible armed carjacking recorded by witness, Winter Springs, 11 Apr 2024

Somebody is tired of being in jail... I don't blame him. I imagine *if* he has any contact with other inmates, they hate him because he is a cop. I would think the jailers/corrections officers also hate him because right now he looks like a traitor.

Somebody is tired of being in jail... I don't blame him. I imagine *if* he has any contact with other inmates, they hate him because he is a cop. I would think the jailers/corrections officers also hate him because right now he looks like a traitor.

He's claiming financial hardship. He won't be receiving any pay from the Sheriff dept until his case is over. I guess he wants to pick up some side jobs?

Did I read that his wife was also facing charges? I think I did but I will go back through the thread to check.

There's lots of Floridians on WS. Let us know when you're in town and I'm sure someone will be local and can take care of you :cool: If I ever get carjacked, I'll do everything I can to not go with them. Or just sit there and hope they don't shoot. Of course easy to say what I'd do when it's not really happening. But I'd rather be killed on the spot than somewhere else. Chances of them shooting you in public is a lot less than out in a deserted field.
Randomly in tips for kidnapping response....I have an Applewatch that will use my phone to dial 911 if I fall over. If I don't respond, EMS automatically shows up (several times I've had this almost happen by accident). My idea for kidnapping occasions: fall over on purpose.

Randomly in tips for kidnapping response....I have an Applewatch that will use my phone to dial 911 if I fall over. If I don't respond, EMS automatically shows up (several times I've had this almost happen by accident). My idea for kidnapping occasions: fall over on purpose.
I was taught that years ago in a college self defense course. Fall to the ground. Dead weight is much harder to move.

She had a 6 y/o daughter. So sad.

Speaking Spanish to News 6 partner WPLG-TV, Aguasvivas’ father described his daughter, the mother of a 6-year-old girl, as “studious” and “obedient” and said she “always worried about us.”

The man said his daughter, who was married and lived in Homestead, was healthy, did not smoke and had lots of friends.

I'm assuming they looked at the 65 Music page. There are several POSSIBLE signs there.
I hadn't even looked at that page. I just suggested it because they are one of the larger active gangs here in Florida and a lot of members are from PR and the Caribbean. I believe the victim and her husband are Dominican so it was just a guess based on that information.

I would have thought that car was pretty inconspicuous before learning how rare it was.
Snipped for focus....

The thing is, no one has cars that color any more. It would be like driving a highlighted car. Everyone else drives greys, whites, blacks. Maybe a red. So, I think this car wasn't inconspicuous at all. In fact, it may have attracted attention even before the hooded guy with gun jumped out. IMO this whole event was deliberately public.

I hadn't even looked at that page. I just suggested it because they are one of the larger active gangs here in Florida and a lot of members are from PR and the Caribbean. I believe the victim and her husband are Dominican so it was just a guess based on that information.

Oh, ok. My mistake in assuming. I thought maybe because of the hand signs, but they could mean something else.

Oh, yes, that’s a fair point. Unfounded assumption on my part, there.

So interesting! Both of these possibilities seem compelling and probable. Towing to intentionally transport the car or its potentially illegal contents, maybe using a towyard to hide it for a while or to get it to another party. Or just coming across something concerning inside post-tow. As you say, recognizing the purpose of it or maybe devising a plan to take advantage of that knowledge.

I can’t recall how this was worded, but at the presser there was mention I think of an irregularity after the tow, registered owner (the family) ought to have been contacted but was not by the tower. An oversight or regular practice, maybe?

Perhaps if this was all his own bad luck, he was approached by the new owner, offered cash for release, thought nothing of it. The car flies under the radar for a month until it’s needed for an intentionally timed abduction and murder (and possible theft of whatever Katherine might have had with her or could lead them to in that part of the state, or a failed ransom in between). If it were premeditated, and the new owner did recognize the comparative rarity of this model, year, and color Acura, perhaps the reasoning was that no kickback in March would keep the towtruck driver quiet when its involvement hit the news, provided he wasn’t already deeply embedded in whatever enterprise is pulling these strings. Better to get him sooner than later. Terrorize other unknown witnesses in the bargain.

But if the tow was an unforced error that created risk if it were to be used again, why did it need to be reclaimed at all? If something were inside, track it down and take it. If the car itself could be used as evidence in an earlier crime, take it and burn/sink it. We know they understand how to burn out a car.

Could the unregistered buyer and this criminal enterprise be two unrelated parties and this is all a coincidence? Like everyone else, I’d love to know what made this model so desirable when there are thousands of more nondescript cars with even less 21st century tracking tech and software built in, and easier to hotwire off the street the night before you plan to murder someone rather than spend that night assassinating the man you apparently (with his consent?) got it from.

The unnecessary complications and viciousness involved are striking. I wonder if that speaks of a compulsion towards creativity/complexity or a cascading series of poor, unexamined choices by people working in tandem but without the means to directly speak to each other. Or something else, besides.
Excellent synopsis and thoughts!

Maybe it is known (and I just don’t or missed it)….. seems the time when the tow truck driver was slain - and when the car was stolen from the supposed impound need to be checked. (And do they differ? Or the same? And how does the latter - i.e. removal from impound - compare to the date of the carjack / murder?)

Do we know both? Yet? Speculating here……. but maybe the perpetrator(s) intent was to be sure the tow truck driven was ‘addressed’ before the Acura was removed / stolen from the impound location? MOO

The green Acura was towed from an Orlando apartment complex, where it was parked illegally, on March 19. It was eventually released. On April 10, the tow truck driver was killed in Orange County — one day before the Seminole County kidnapping and murder.”

Approx 3 weeks between tow and murder. Do we know if or when the Acura was recovered by these people from the impound lot? Was it stolen from the lot or did they buy it out?

The green Acura was towed from an Orlando apartment complex, where it was parked illegally, on March 19. It was eventually released. On April 10, the tow truck driver was killed in Orange County — one day before the Seminole County kidnapping and murder.”

Approx 3 weeks between tow and murder. Do we know if or when the Acura was recovered by these people from the impound lot? Was it stolen from the lot or did they buy it out?

Maybe they paid for the fees since it says "released". I'm thinking along the lines of what someone posted up thread. Could it have been drugs, money, or guns missing from the car after the tow? Maybe the gave the driver a time frame to replace the goods? I'm sure cops are deep into his phone and financial records.
The group is brazen and very violent.

Maybe they paid for the fees since it says "released". I'm thinking along the lines of what someone posted up thread. Could it have been drugs, money, or guns missing from the car after the tow? Maybe the gave the driver a time frame to replace the goods? I'm sure cops are deep into his phone and financial records.
The group is brazen and very violent.
I watched the Law&Crime video of this very brazen and terrifying act.

Tow truck operators have guidelines, laws, if you will, to follow when towing a vehicle even when in Florida. The owner of the vehicle owns the contents inside the vehicle/trunk.

In this case where it's taken from an illegally parking spot, the tow truck driver is required to notify Cops within 30 minutes.

All pertinent information must be provided, including:
  • the time of the tow;
  • the location of the tow;
  • where the vehicle is being stored;
  • the costs or rates; and
  • the vehicle’s make, model, color and license plate number.
Florida's Predatory Towing Rights: What You Need to Know (2024)

Further, see Section c of Florida Statutes (unsecured link)
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

(c) Any law enforcement agency requesting that a motor vehicle be removed from an accident scene, street, or highway must conduct an inventory and prepare a written record of all personal property found in the vehicle before the vehicle is removed by a wrecker operator. However, if the owner or driver of the motor vehicle is present and accompanies the vehicle, no inventory by law enforcement is required. A wrecker operator is not liable for the loss of personal property alleged to be contained in such a vehicle when such personal property was not identified on the inventory record prepared by the law enforcement agency requesting the removal of the vehicle.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocoflakes51
Back