Found Deceased FL - Kayla Laray Atwood, 32, Pensacola, 3 Jan 2024 *arrest*

Do you think the reason that there's not urgency in finding her is that maybe LE thinks it's by choice? I am confused about it too.
I have no idea what the media is thinking. Missing is missing. The other young woman a who went missing a few weeks - left by choice and they immediately knew she left the rehab facility on her own and was possibly trying to get back to LA, but it did not stop them from keeping the story alive. She did have some mental and substance abuse problems and was a very naive individual- so they were rightfully worried for her safety. Thankfully she was found safe.

I cropped, enlarged, zoomed, etc. and I can't make out what's on the door, but it does look to me like there's a man in the driver's seat wearing a blue shirt. Does anyone else see that? My eyes are not the best. MOO

I think I see a figure - wearing a baseball cap, but I thought the blue was reflection on glass?
There's a Penske truck rental at Fairfield Drive, Pensacola ( Sorry if its already been posted/mentioned, am catching up)

Hoping Kayla is found safe and found soon

Moo

Do you think the reason that there's not urgency in finding her is that maybe LE thinks it's by choice? I am confused about it too.
There were a lot of records here, about 32 (most vehicular type charges with her license currently being suspended ) so I didn't drill down too deeply on each one but of the arrests for battery, one in June 23 and one in Aug 23, it appears her bond may have been cancelled. (note neither mention "domestic violence", just "disorderly conduct"). Mail on at least one recent case was been sent back as undeliverable and it appears some of the monies required to be paid to the court went to a collection agency in December. So this could lead LE to think she's voluntarily missing. But never assume - missing is missing, and every person should get the same level of care and concern when they can't be located, especially when children are involved. https://public.escambiaclerk.com/BMWebLatest//CourtCase.aspx/CaseSearch

Finally our local news has interviewed Kayla’s family. Her mom and sister were just on this evening. They are extremely worried. No new info however. They just want to know she is okay because I think they said this isn’t like her normal behavior.

Her record is very concerning. Tons of domestic and violent issues in her past. She is still married as well. She also has warrants out I believe so maybe she went into hiding? Still don’t get the Penske box truck but it looks like she was on probation for and shouldn’t be driving. I’m thinking/hoping she is just hiding out…

Finally our local news has interviewed Kayla’s family. Her mom and sister were just on this evening. They are extremely worried. No new info however. They just want to know she is okay because I think they said this isn’t like her normal behavior.
Do you have a link I can read? I’m curious to hear from them. Someone with the type of record she has is interesting. It makes me wonder what the motive for disappearing is.

Is she evading arrest? Did she have a plan for her children if so? I can’t imagine she’d get into that truck with an unknown person. What was that persons intent? Did they wish to bring harm to her?

I agree this needs to be kept in the public eye often. She’s not invisible. Her family needs help to find her.

Do you have a link I can read? I’m curious to hear from them. Someone with the type of record she has is interesting. It makes me wonder what the motive for disappearing is.

Is she evading arrest? Did she have a plan for her children if so? I can’t imagine she’d get into that truck with an unknown person. What was that persons intent? Did they wish to bring harm to her?

I agree this needs to be kept in the public eye often. She’s not invisible. Her family needs help to find her.
Here you go -

Video interview with her mom, Linda, and her sister in law, who she is close with.

Ok, i am extremely tired from not getting much sleep due to the severe weather last night, and it’s past my bedtime now, so I may not be thinking clearly. I’m really fading. In the video above - that’s her mom Linda, and her sister in law who shares the same last name as Kayla, so Kayla must be married to the girl’s brother -which no mention of his name , and I haven’t seen any interviews of him. Are they still married? Living together? Everything ok with them? Is he the father of the four children? Funny that he has not been mentioned at all.

I did some digging on the court site just to get a jist of what’s going on in her life. Most of her cases are due to traffic stuff. Not having proof of car insurance, child restraints (prolly no car seat or kids not being properly restrained in the backseat) , driving on a suspended license, but she does have some domestic cases as well. Some she is the perpetrator - battery, stalking, and I found one where she filed a restraining order on a male (not her husband). <modsnip: no source link> She seems to be going through a troubled time in her life. I hope no one has sought retaliation on her and that she is just on the run clearing her head. Very concerning. I really hope she is okay and that she will surface soon and get her life in order. Her children need their mama.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question that I'm wondering: who was in that truck and why did she get inside? I'm assuming that she drove to the school(s) drop her kids off, so she would have left the car there to get into the truck. She's quite a distance from the truck so I assume that the driver would have shouted/yelled to get her attention (unless it was planned in some way).

Here you go -

Video interview with her mom, Linda, and her sister in law, who she is close with.

No mention of searching the surrounding area such as woods, ponds, abandoned places. That make me think LE is following a path based on cameras. LE may have asked them to only speak to her character in order not to derail the investigation.

No mention of searching the surrounding area such as woods, ponds, abandoned places. That make me think LE is following a path based on cameras. LE may have asked them to only speak to her character in order not to derail the investigation.
Could be right. And the bay front is very close by — not even a mile if my geography is correct. There aren’t many woods in that area that I recall. It’s an older part of the city with lots of older homes and businesses - it’s considered “downtown”. Not a great area, but it’s getting better as people are investing money and trying to make it a better neighborhood. I hope LE has more surveillance footage - maybe even a tag number. Certainly they have gotten a search warrant for her cell records - who she had been cooresponding with, where she’s been etc

There is also an ongoing paternity case where she is the respondent in the case. The gentleman bringing the case has filed a motion on Jan 8 2024 and has asked the court for an emergency hearing.
That sounds like the baby’s father wants custody. If he’s capable and has the resources to parent, I hope he gets her.

That sounds like the baby’s father wants custody. If he’s capable and has the resources to parent, I hope he gets her.
Problem with that is that she has tried to get a restraining order against him in the past - not sure if it was granted… I need to look further at the online records, but I’m tired.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaarqueiro
Back