FL FL - Kelly Rothwell, 35, Indian Rocks Beach, 12 March 2011

Its great that the NG show gave Kelly's case some publicity on the anniversary week of her disappearance (as it did when she first went missing). That's invaluable, and I am sure appreciated by everyone who wants to see DP brought to justice.

However...there were a few repeatedly misstated "facts" on the show last night. Apparently, NG's staff did not do a thorough job bringing her back up to speed.

1) David Perry aka David Walker, did not just "take off for NY within 72 hours of when the 'love of his life' went missing" - he left that night, within hours.

2) LE did not "pull over" David Perry and question him soon after he left. They called his cell phone the following day while he was en route to NY. It got a little confusing, because the sheriff said he was "north of Tampa" when they talked to him. There is that ping from the night KR went missing which is likely on his way out and north of Tampa. LE went and searched the area (75 & 52 intersection), but if that ping was generated by LE calling him while he was on the highway heading out, are they now saying he was still in FL the next day on 3/13? If so, he would have had to drive an additional 19-20 hours in order to be in NY the following day 3/14.

3) The witness who saw Perry acting suspiciously at Eagle Lake Park said it was at the same time KR went missing (remembers because it was the week her mother passed away). She came forward in 8/9 months later after seeing Perry's pic on TV after his initial arrest in NY for fraud. NG show made it sound like he was there recently possibly scoping out a dump site. Since detectives were following him when he came back to FL on March 27 (i.e. storage unit), its probable that the witness saw him before he left FL on 3/12/11. Could be that he WAS scoping out that site, a day or two in advance, or 3/12 but changed plans once he was spotted.

Now, some bits that I was unaware of before the show - not saying that these were unknown, just that I, personally, was unaware:

The text message sent to DS from KR's phone, flashed on the screen for 5 secs, which everyone agrees was sent by DP:

"Still talking. Going out to dinner. Will call u later." (words may not be exact, but that was the message, and the u vs you is correct).

Another thing was the fact that Perry had cancelled his gym membership and told people he was heading to Hawaii with KR the day before KR went missing. The sheriff said this.

This is starting to look very premeditated...

Its great that the NG show gave Kelly's case some publicity on the anniversary week of her disappearance (as it did when she first went missing). That's invaluable, and I am sure appreciated by everyone who wants to see DP brought to justice.

However...there were a few repeatedly misstated "facts" on the show last night. Apparently, NG's staff did not do a thorough job bringing her back up to speed.

1) David Perry aka David Walker, did not just "take off for NY within 72 hours of when the 'love of his life' went missing" - he left that night, within hours.

2) LE did not "pull over" David Perry and question him soon after he left. They called his cell phone the following day while he was en route to NY. It got a little confusing, because the sheriff said he was "north of Tampa" when they talked to him. There is that ping from the night KR went missing which is likely on his way out and north of Tampa. LE went and searched the area (75 & 52 intersection), but if that ping was generated by LE calling him while he was on the highway heading out, are they now saying he was still in FL the next day on 3/13? If so, he would have had to drive an additional 19-20 hours in order to be in NY the following day 3/14.

3) The witness who saw Perry acting suspiciously at Eagle Lake Park said it was at the same time KR went missing (remembers because it was the week her mother passed away). She came forward in 8/9 months later after seeing Perry's pic on TV after his initial arrest in NY for fraud. NG show made it sound like he was there recently possibly scoping out a dump site. Since detectives were following him when he came back to FL on March 27 (i.e. storage unit), its probable that the witness saw him before he left FL on 3/12/11. Could be that he WAS scoping out that site, a day or two in advance, or 3/12 but changed plans once he was spotted.

Now, some bits that I was unaware of before the show - not saying that these were unknown, just that I, personally, was unaware:

The text message sent to DS from KR's phone, flashed on the screen for 5 secs, which everyone agrees was sent by DP:

"Still talking. Going out to dinner. Will call u later." (words may not be exact, but that was the message, and the u vs you is correct).

Another thing was the fact that Perry had cancelled his gym membership and told people he was heading to Hawaii with KR the day before KR went missing. The sheriff said this.

This is starting to look very premeditated...

excellent points. One thing I still have trouble comprehending is how DP (wow, initials could also be death penalty) got a deceased KR down the condo stairs and into presumably a car trunk? If I'm following this correctly he took off for FL "prior to midnight" in which case it's possible neighbors/passerbys etc. would still be awake and alerted to any nefarious activity. If he took off at 2:00 am, 3:00 am, 4:00 am I might be able to understand how he possibly could move a dead body undetected.

Even with the loud thumps that were heard by the downstairs tenant, is it possible that DP only incapacitated KR (but does not kill her at this time) enough to then threaten her bodily harm if she doesn't cooperate. At this point they both leave the condo together (she still alive but under duress) and she is then killed somewhere else?

I know I'm allover the place but can you understand what I'm trying to discern? I'm probably missing the obvious here :)

One thing I still have trouble comprehending is how DP (wow, initials could also be death penalty) got a deceased KR down the condo stairs and into presumably a car trunk?

I understand that issue, but this couple [LINK] in a case here accomplished that.

I am not suggesting that the same thing happened w/KR (and I REALLY hope it did not), but that ping on KR's phone so close to the home depot, and in the immediate aftermath of her death, makes me consider that anything they sell there could have been used towards this end...

Off Topic: I just did a search for "david perry kelly rothwell" after posting the above message, 'everything' (not just news), sorted by date - and the 4th hit was the post I just made up there ^ 2 minutes ago. Wow - kudos to WS for being important enough to have a real time link tracker (not just occasionally spidered) on Google!

I will agree there were several facts mis-stated in the NG episode. I believe SBL (Scum bag loser) just told his Gym he and his girlfriend were moving to Hawaii and did not mention Kelly specifically.

The information that more than a few of us didnt know came from the press conference. Her Cadet class binders being found in the dumpster was one of them. It is certain to me she did not put them there.

IMO, she was never in SBL's car. It's a short walk down the beach to the water and there were ways he could have concealed what he was doing.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/249977/250/Missing-Cadet-Case-Suspects-home-searched

from the above article, dated 4/10/12:

Armed with a search warrant, investigators spent more than three hours at the house.

They left carrying four bags of evidence. They were filled mostly with paperwork; one envelope was marked "Receipts 2011."

During the search, a police dog and K-9 officer were behind the house. The police spokesman would not say why the dog was used.

Police entered Perry's detached garage, got into his Honda Civic, and backed it up onto his gravel driveway for further searching.

Police could be heard hammering or pounding something inside the garage. The police had no comment about the sound.

What if officers searching for financial information stumble onto some evidence relating to Kelly Rothwell's disappearance?

That wouldn't necessarily be all good news. Officers would likely have to go get a new warrant to seize that evidence.

Bumping for Kelly! I hope they did find reason to get another search warrant!!

With so much time gone by, would have thought anything incriminating would have been gotten rid of? But still good work!

The Elmira man who is the prime suspect in the 2011 disappearance of his girlfriend in Florida was charged with felony assault Saturday for allegedly attacking a fellow inmate at the Steuben County Jail, where he is being held on a grand larceny charge unrelated to the missing woman.

more at link
David-Perry-charged-with-assaulting-fellow-inmate

No, I can't find any thing pertaining to what she had on, but the last time the friend saw her, was that day in the morning, they went to yoga and then to Chilli's for lunch. She was going home to break up with him. So she had to be casual.

I saw a news piece on Kelly Rothwell today. Her friend Donna will be having a candle lite vigil on Friday. If I see a link I will post it. Just wanted to bump up for her.

Assets ordered returned to suspect in woman's disappearance

A judge has ordered the assets that police had taken from David Perry during a raid earlier this year be given back to him.

Perry is the only suspect in the disappearance of his estranged girlfriend Kelly Rothwell.

[snip]

Perry remains in the Steuben County Jail in New York on $100,000 bail.

More: http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...eturned-to-suspect-in-womans-disap-ar-539772/

Suspect in Fla. woman's disappearance released from NY jail after mistrial in his fraud case

A suspect in the disappearance of a Florida woman two years ago has been released from an upstate New York jail after a jury couldn't reach a verdict in his trial for unrelated charges.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/sto...8f6bd4eecb/NY--Missing-Police-Cadet-Boyfriend

Person of interest in Rothwell case released from custody

New information tonight in the case of missing police cadet Kelly Rothwell. Her ex-boyfriend and person of interest in her disappearance David Perry is now a free man once again after a short stint in jail.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/arti...terest-in-Rothwell-case-released-from-custody

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2014/1/19/pinellas_cadet_missi.html

A billboard stands tall on a busy Pinellas County road with the face of Kelly Rothwell displayed so everyone can see it... Rothwell, a former police cadet, has been missing for nearly three years and is presumed dead.

David Perry, the only suspect named in the case, is serving prison time in New York for an unrelated charge.

The billboard when up at the intersection of U.S. 19 and Ulmerton Road in Largo this weekend. Two more billboards are expected to go up this week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby-Doo
Back