FL FL - Linda Louise Kerr, 15, Orlando, February 18th 1976

[SIZE=5 said:
2019 developments[edit][/SIZE]
A second cousin of the victim living in Alabama was identified by a genealogist using genetic genealogy after uploading the unidentified woman's autosomal DNA to the GEDmatch database. The cousin did not recognize the victim but stated she resembled members of the family

Edited to add: HuffPo article about the cousin gives a family name of Wood. Are we allowed to sleuth Linda's mom's maiden name? I haven't logged in for awhile,so I'm a bit foggy on things like that.

I am pretty sure (from an Ancestry tree) that Linda was born in Washington DC on 15 December 1960 to Andrew and Norma Jean Kerr. I see no reason to not give a bit more info as it is public on Ancestry and both parents are now dead. The mothers maiden name was Urie and she came from Ohio. The father came from Pennsylvania. I can see nothing in the tree to link either to the name Wood or to Alabama. It does not rule out a link but may make it less likely.

I am pretty sure (from an Ancestry tree) that Linda was born in Washington DC on 15 December 1960 to Andrew and Norma Jean Kerr. I see no reason to not give a bit more info as it is public on Ancestry and both parents are now dead. The mothers maiden name was Urie and she came from Ohio. The father came from Pennsylvania. I can see nothing in the tree to link either to the name Wood or to Alabama. It does not rule out a link but may make it less likely.
Her fathers name was Andrew so this is our missing;)

Unfortunately I have not had the time to submit this possible match! I’ve not had much time to do anything outside of my normal day to day “duties”. I’m hoping that changes soon, but in the meantime if anyone who does have a spare moment would like to submit this, be my guest! I’d eventually like to dig deeper into the two cases, but even with the little bit of info available I think it’s worth bringing to the agencies’ attention.

Also, any match suggestions I may mention on any case/thread here on WS, I will not be the least bit offended if someone else submits a tip to one of the investigating agencies! Up until recently I had been good about keeping up with submissions and following up, but real life has prevented me from doing so as of late. :oops:

I have been following the ELJD case too and my brain went right to the connection. I also did see current comments linking her to 2 last names of Wood and Carter, but I think those two were concluded to be the parents of her dad? And they had like 9 kids. But also believe they were on a strong path with more recent testing.

I feel as though Linda has an underbite, and EDJD also did. Does anyone else see? Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 12.00.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 12.30.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 12.34.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 12.34.47 PM.png

I also suspect EDJD's nose was broken. Sorry for the serial comparisons. Just super curious if anything has come from the submission? Can really see a resemblance to Linda....

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 12.48.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 12.00.22 PM.png

I just looked at Linda's profile in Namus and there are no exclusions. They have compared missing to EDJD who have a DLC in the 1950s, and some with no resemblance. Odd. I hope someone takes a look at Linda.

I also suspect EDJD's nose was broken. Sorry for the serial comparisons. Just super curious if anything has come from the submission? Can really see a resemblance to Linda....

View attachment 299374 View attachment 299375
This picture of EDJD looks identical to my aunts, Linda’s sisters, at about this age

just want to tell everyone we thank you for your help and curiosity, cases are never really closed.

Andrew and Norma Kerr I can confirm as her parents and yes, they have died. If anyone would like any photos or more information we will gladly assist.

Welcome to Websleuths @kaseyk and @Cosmicallure Did you see post #18 about the cousin of EDJD? Maybe something to look into?

@MadMcGoo Did you ever hear anything after submitting Linda as a possible match with EDJD? I know everything is probably delayed with the pandemic, etc just wanted to check since her family members are posting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back