FL FL - Lori Paige, 12, Mission San Luis, 3 June 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — When someone goes missing every minute counts. Margaret Summers, who is a paraprofessional at Griffin Middle School, knows this. That's why she's trying to get the word out about her student 12-year-old Lori Paige.

"I feel like after 14 days there has to be at least one adult who has seen her or has an idea of where she may have gone," said Summers.

Lori is considered a missing runaway, and was last seen on June 3 near the 1200 block of Continental Court, which is close to Ocala Road, and less than a mile away from Mission San Luis.

Rudy Ferguson, Pastor for New Birth Tabernacle of Praise in Griffin Heights, doesn't know Lori personally but he says in his position it's important to help the community anyway he can.

"We ought to be her family, we ought to look for her consistently until she is safe and sound. I think it's going to be coming upon the churches in the neighborhood because that's why we're there. We're in the community not just for spiritual growth but to also be a voice," said Ferguson.

Summers says Lori is a quiet, friendly student who strives to get good grades. She says she's runaway before but she's always been found within a few days.

"I'm hoping that if nothing else that Lori will come to the school. She knows she's safe there, people care about her there and we're in summer school so she can come there any day Monday through Thursday," said Summers.

Pastor Ferguson forwarded Lori's missing person bulletin to the Frontline Pastors Action Council which is made up of about 26 pastors.

"We're going to keep searching, we're going to keep making phone calls, we're going to keep putting her bulletin out there, we're going to keep doing it until she's safe and sound until we have some kind of results," said Ferguson.

Summers says Lori's teachers and friends are concerned, and they're just hoping she'll come back.

"If we can find Lori, we can hopefully find her a mentor so next time she faces struggles she can go to her mentor and not feel like she has to run away," said Summers.

"Lori you're a great student and a great kid," said Summers. "There's nothing that you haven't done well enough, just come back."

If you have any information about where Lori is you can call Tallahassee Police Department at 850-891-4200.

This is concerning. Not a word from her parents/family. Her teacher and a Pastor that doesn't even know her. She had run away before but came back within 2 days or so.
Only 1 bleep on Tallahassee PD site. Facebook
Is the family missing as well? Very concerning. IMO

JUL 5

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - Police are actively investigating the disappearance of 12-year old Lori Paige, who has been missing for more than a month.

“Right now, it appears that she voluntarily left, and we have zero indication that that’s not the case,” said TPD detective Anna Drake. “Voluntary or not, we’re going to do everything we can to find her.”

More at Community concern grows for missing 12-year old girl after more than a month

She voluntarily left? She’s not old enough to drive. Did she have a local bus pass? No way to support herself, legally, at 12 y/o. An older person has to be providing for her. Hopefully she’s safe and not being trafficked.

She’s running for a reason, either to or from something.

Still missing...

This one is mentioning that her father reported her missing, maybe she may have been living with him?

Still missing...

This one is mentioning that her father reported her missing, maybe she may have been living with him?

They don't mention her mother, aunt, Gma, etc that would be who I would guess was helping her. But I see friends have helped her in the past. I wonder how old these "friends" are. If they're children, their parents must know something is up.

Snip
Drake said that unlike other missing children, Lori didn't have a smartphone or use social media, making it harder to track her down through usual technological routes. Investigators say it appears she is purposefully avoiding contact and not in touch with other students.

Drake said police believe she is with someone who is helping her but don't know their age or identity. It was the second time Lori has run away and been reported missing, she said, and friends have helped her in the past.

She is listed in NamUs now.

From the NamUs page:
Circumstances of Disappearance
Missing juvenile has a history of running away and on June 3rd was reported to have run away from the home while the father/reporting person was at work.
……….
Re: the emphasized by me in red, that’s the first time I’ve heard suggestion that her father may have been the one who reported her missing, unless I heard it and then forgot, which is altogether possible.

Re: the emphasized by me in red, that’s the first time I’ve heard suggestion that her father may have been the one who reported her missing, unless I heard it and then forgot, which is altogether possible.
This was mentioned previously.

February 2, 2024

(Includes video)

It's been 243 days since one Tallahassee child was last seen and Tallahassee Police Department needs your help.
12-year-old Lori Paige was last seen in June of 2023.
Seven months later, investigators are renewing their search for the Griffin middle student.

AnnaLee Drake has been working this case since Paige was declared missing.

Drake said they are renewing the search after months of no leads.

"We have had people come forward with some information but not very many," Drake said. "Any information we brought forward, we investigated to the fullest and it did not lead to her location.”

Eight months have passed since 12-year-old Lori Page went missing.

Now, after running dry on leads, law enforcement is asking for the community's help to find her. Nobody has heard from Lori since she went missing, not even her family or friends.

"If you've seen her, if you think you've seen her, if you think you know something, no matter how small it might be, please contact us," Tallahassee Police Det. Anna Drake said. "If you think it's not important, it might be important in conjunction with something else."

Tallahassee police reported that she was last seen June 3 in the 1200 block of Continental Court, off Ocala Road near San Luis Mission Park. There's been no sign of her since

They also initially didn't suspect foul play because all signs pointed to a voluntary runaway. But at this point, because of how much time has passed, Drake said that possibility is also being considered.

Another complication: Lori didn't have social media accounts like a lot of kids do. A digital footprint is crucial when detectives are working to find someone, and without it, they basically have to start from scratch.

Paige is a smart and attentive student, and the fact she has been missing this long is unsettling, Griffin Middle School teacher Margaret Summers said.
“Everything is not right in the world because she is still missing. There’s a part of us that is not going to be at peace knowing that kid that we love and cared about is just gone.”
Whether she left voluntarily or not, we have a lot of concern for her and we don’t have anything pushing to what happened after the night she went missing.”

I wonder who is taking care of her? Are there any situations where divorce, foster care, school problems that would have triggered her to leave?

Technically, her being 12 means she shouldn't have any social media, as they almost uniformly require you to be age 13 or older (to allow 12 and under would entail a lot more paperwork). I know that there isn't any way to actually enforce that, but I think it's safe to presume that any accounts she made have a falsified birthday and may be under a pseudonym (an initial, using a middle name instead of her last, a different spelling of her name, etc.).

Although the article doesn't say, I wonder how long she was gone the first time before she was found? either way, it seems really unusually long to ask for the public to BOLO eight months later? IDK my opinion only.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back