Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
To complicate this, I know people who would refer to this as a sweater. (My New ENgland self this is clearly a hoodie!)View attachment 504930 All of them from California, Nevada, etc so perhaps someone from a "warm state" can chime in?
This is a hoodie or a hoodie sweatshirt.
We (in California) would not be likely to call it a sweater unless you're a transplant. A crew neck would be simply a sweatshirt. The Gildan website and catalogs in our area would NOT call this a sweater.

Throughout elementary and middle school I have organized the school merch and this has never been referred to as a "sweater" to me by a parent in passing.

A sweater is knit, as someone has said before, with some sort of yarn.

To me this difference lies in the officer writing this report being from a region where this would be called a sweater. We were never provided a specific brand or logo on her clothing/items other than

White Crocs
Jansport backpack

The only people trying to put up a defense for her are strangers on the Internet that probably just don't want to accept that yet another mother didn't protect their child or straight up sold them out.

MOO.
I can't defend her since I don't have access to the evidence but there are in fact some, myself included, waiting for the actual evidence to speak, before making a judgement on whether she's guilty of any criminal wrongdoing.

jmo

To complicate this, I know people who would refer to this as a sweater. (My New ENgland self this is clearly a hoodie!)View attachment 504930 All of them from California, Nevada, etc so perhaps someone from a "warm state" can chime in?
A LatinX ex of mine always called all sweatshirts sweaters.
Possible in this family as well.

SS stupidity drives me insane! If MS died on the night of the party, why did he wait until the morning to dispose of the body? What happened over the course of that night? Why wouldn’t you dispose of the body when it’s dark still?

(Side note: how close together were their houses to the neighbours? If SS showed JS the body, would the neighbours have heard any form of crying, arguing or shouting?)

If SS moved the body at 7am to make it look like MS was alive and going to school, that suggests he’s planned out the disposal and how everything “looks”, in a sense. However, then he comes back, and ON the SECURITY CAMERA throws her possessions away! So was he aware of the cameras at the complex? Or is he really dumb enough to imagine the police wouldn’t have observed his movements on the cameras?

I can’t make any sense of it. ALL MOO.
I think he wanted to dump her body at school and that's why he left extra early. However, there were people already there so he couldn't do it that way. He would have to dump her body elsewhere. He came back home and threw her stuff out and put her body in the trunk and then waited until he could find an excuse to get away from Jennifer. If it was blunt force trauma, then there is a murder weapon. Where and what it that?

I don't disagree, Just thinking about if there is any direct evidence, so far everything is circumstantial, not that that's not good evidence also but what can they charge her with?
No doubt she's clued out, but in terms of her involvement can you think of any reasonable doubt ? I think LE thinks about whether they can get a conviction also.
No, I cannot. I don’t think the state would be hard pressed to find a jury to convict this woman at all.

is this it?
. (3:34)
Yes ttjo! Thank you for finding that. And on reflection, the other striking thing about that news clip is SS behavior. Watching over and listening like a colonel and hallway monitor. Not consoling her or other, as JS had done to him in another video. That poor child MS. :(

This just hit me

I'll try to be delicate but there's nothing delicate about this --

When JS was shown a photo of the abuse, oral violation, she said she didn't recognize anything in the photo. What? It was her daughter's mouth/face.

That alone didn't shock, horrify, nauseate her???? Further, if so pressed by LE, she didn't recognize whatever else appeared in the photo, namely a distinct body part of her longtime boyfriend... plus potentially bedding from her own home. Nope, nothing there was familiar?????

Or is the denial, not regarding the assault, but that it happened under her roof?

I can't fathom any reaction that wasn't devastation for my child and immediate cooperation to sink the monster who would do that to a child, to my child. Self-preservation, last on my list.

She was only eight years old.

Jmo
What would it take to prove to JS then that she brought a monster into her daughter’s life if she didn’t initially (ever?) accept the evidence in front of her - literally?

I’d like to know more about her than appearing upset at being shown the photo. Was it genuine or fake crocodile tears?

That is a hoodie, a sweater would be a crew neck. Basically, everything is a sweater until it has a hood, then it’s a hoodie.

- Love,

A tropical bee
Not picking at anyone, I promise….. but I am so old we used to call them a hooded sweatshirt. I have no clue what it would be today. MOO

SS stupidity drives me insane! If MS died on the night of the party, why did he wait until the morning to dispose of the body? What happened over the course of that night? Why wouldn’t you dispose of the body when it’s dark still?

(Side note: how close together were their houses to the neighbours? If SS showed JS the body, would the neighbours have heard any form of crying, arguing or shouting?)

If SS moved the body at 7am to make it look like MS was alive and going to school, that suggests he’s planned out the disposal and how everything “looks”, in a sense. However, then he comes back, and ON the SECURITY CAMERA throws her possessions away! So was he aware of the cameras at the complex? Or is he really dumb enough to imagine the police wouldn’t have observed his movements on the cameras?

I can’t make any sense of it. ALL MOO.
Sunrise on Feb 25, 2024 in Kissimmee was 6:54am. Maybe she died as the sun was rising or shortly beforehand making a night time escape impossible?

I imagine once he / she / they realized Ms was dead they took a few mins to do something before dealing with it. Maybe he/she/they took a pile of drugs to numb out? Maybe they cleaned up or staged the home in some way? Maybe they had a nap hoping to wake from their new reality and the very real problem of a corpse in the house?

I don’t know. But I’m very interested in learning more.

Originally LE said they believed MS died in the home. So, if MS died from any sort of messy death--i.e. lots of blood--then it seems even more unlikely JS was not involved/aware.
Does anyone recall when a search warrant was executed on the home? I would assume that even before that, that investigators would have asked to at least look inside the home on 2/26 or 2/27, and I’m guessing we would have heard if the then-presumed-uninvolved mother of a missing girl had denied LE access to the home.

I’m thinking about that because, looking back, LE said they informed JS on the night of 2/29 that they were confident MS was dead. If they had access to the home and especially if they searched the home, and the murder itself had been as messy as we expect for massive head trauma, I don’t think it would take until 2/29 to believe MS was dead, given they had their presumed suspect by 2/28. IMO, even given a full day, I don’t think either SS, JS, or their combined efforts, could clean up a bloody crime scene without leaving a lot of obvious evidence.

IMO, LE telling us that JS was informed they believe MS was dead also implies that whatever information they had did not immediately make them suspect involvement from JS. Which would mean that the results of the search of the home and the phone wouldn’t make them think, at that point, that she must have known what happened/was happening.

^the above is meant less as an argument around JS’s involvement and more as speculation on what kind of evidence LE had at what time based on their handling of things

Except for the fact she hasn't even been formally named as a suspect, arrested or even charged, at this time.
I can think of many people who were absolutely guilty of crimes they weren’t charged with for various reasons. Just because they may not be able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt doesn’t mean one is innocent. That said, I don’t care if she faces charges or not. In my mind, nothing brings her daughter back. I can’t imagine a worse life sentence with no hope of parole for any parent.

Does anyone recall when a search warrant was executed on the home? I would assume that even before that, that investigators would have asked to at least look inside the home on 2/26 or 2/27, and I’m guessing we would have heard if the then-presumed-uninvolved mother of a missing girl had denied LE access to the home.

I’m thinking about that because, looking back, LE said they informed JS on the night of 2/29 that they were confident MS was dead. If they had access to the home and especially if they searched the home, and the murder itself had been as messy as we expect for massive head trauma, I don’t think it would take until 2/29 to believe MS was dead, given they had their presumed suspect by 2/28. IMO, even given a full day, I don’t think either SS, JS, or their combined efforts, could clean up a bloody crime scene without leaving a lot of obvious evidence.

IMO, LE telling us that JS was informed they believe MS was dead also implies that whatever information they had did not immediately make them suspect involvement from JS. Which would mean that the results of the search of the home and the phone wouldn’t make them think, at that point, that she must have known what happened/was happening.

^the above is meant less as an argument around JS’s involvement and more as speculation on what kind of evidence LE had at what time based on their handling of things
I wondered when I watched the court tv video wherein the professional they interviewed said he believed it was “massive head trauma” and stated his hope they they examined the car completely inside and out - I noticed he didn’t mention the need to look for blood evidence inside the house at all. That’s curious, isn’t it? You’d think the house would have been full of evidence of a murder if that’s what happened - massive head trauma. Unless she had a closed head injury but that’s not what he suggested.

I imagine we will get more information soon.

I doubt SS would permanently delete all his videos and pictures. He would want to relive those memories over and over again. To do that, he could offload them to a hard drive. I bet they find it in that storage unit or at his parent's house.

They have video of SS moving Maddy's body. Putting a body into the trunk of the car is a dead giveaway the person is already dead.
Right, but the idea is that they might have determined she was definitely dead based on that video, which could have taken them a few days to get, rather than being able to determine she was dead based off of a possible bloody crime scene in the home, which they may have been able to view as soon as the day she was reported missing (2/26).

I doubt SS would permanently delete all his videos and pictures. He would want to relive those memories over and over again. To do that, he could offload them to a hard drive. I bet they find it in that storage unit or at his parent's house.
Based on the AW, it looks like he reset his phone but had his nasty stash saved in the Cloud.

Took LE about 3 seconds to find them IMO.

JMO

Does anybody recall? The calls to 911.... am I remembering that the calls were made from business near the school and not from home?

Checked myself, yes, call made remotely. (Actual 911 call reveals call is coming from a business.)

Do we know what time SS got back from "changing a tire"?

At 4:30, was nobody at home? Watching for Maddie in case she came home....which would be a logical thing to do if you were expecting a lost child to become unlisted, as most children do.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member