GUILTY FL - Mary Ann Zarb, 64, Estero, 11 April 2011

The family of Mary Ann Zarb won't be able to celebrate Easter Eve as they had hoped. The 64-year-old Estero woman has been missing for nearly two weeks now. But Zarb's family told WINK News they're determined to find her.

"We are not going to stop looking for her," said Greg Lewis, Zarb's son.

Lewis said his mother moved into her new home on Countrybarn Drive in January. "It was a fresh start," explained Lewis.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2011-04-23/Missing-womans-family-holds-out-hope#ixzz1KXroL5wv

Two Charged With Murder, Remains Found

Two men have been charged with murder in connection with the death of a 64-year-old Estero woman whose remains were found in a thickly wooded area of northern Lee/southern Charlotte County Tuesday.

Christopher Neuberger, 25, of 1821 Pacific Avenue, North Fort Myers, and Shane Simpkins, 24, of 2030 NE 34th Terrace, Cape Coral each was charged with felony murder in the death of Mary Ann Zarb, who was reported missing two weeks ago. They also were charged with occupied armed burglary and grand theft.

"This is a horrific crime that gripped this community for 12 days," said Sheriff Mike Scott in a prepared statement. He called the investigation "exhaustive."

Details of the crime, including the cause of death, are not being disclosed at this time, officials said.

Snipped from:http://www.cape-coral-daily-breeze.com/page/content.detail/id/523917.html?nav=5011

Two Charged With Murder, Remains Found

Two men have been charged with murder in connection with the death of a 64-year-old Estero woman whose remains were found in a thickly wooded area of northern Lee/southern Charlotte County Tuesday.

I think we all saw this coming. What a world we are living in!
RIP Mary Ann Zarb. RIP.

So sorry, Mary Ann... RIP. Prayers to her family.

I was thinking as I reading about this case that perhaps the two males did this and the females honestly didn't know. Something made me think that they were clueless about Mary Ann's whereabouts. I guess time will tell if that is the case or not.

ETA: I cannot imagine being one of her children and asking for a wellness check, only to have an officer call back and say that she was not home but four people were living there. This has been very unsettling from the beginning. :(

I knew this was going to be the end result! My prayers for Mary Ann and her family... especially for her grandbabies who miss their grandma!

I knew she would be found in Cape Coral or North Fort Myers. These scumbags live in that area... and she was found on the edge of North Fort Myers leading into Charlotte County. I wish I knew exactly where they found her and I could give everyone a better idea of the area she was found at.

I am really interested in why the girls have not been charged? One of the girls was on the local news here when all this first came out and was the one who told the media that Mary Ann was in Tampa and that LE was accusing them of killing Mary Ann.

This just makes me so sick!

RIP Mary Ann. You Deserved to enjoy your new place in Vero Beach. I hope for justice.

What a horrible story! RIP Mary Ann. You deserved so much better. :(

The young women perhaps didn't participate in the murder, but there's no way they didn't know about it. I think they arrested the men promptly to get them off the street, and they're still building the case against the women. I hope so, anyway.

RIP Mary Many prayers for her poor family. First they lost dad and now mom.

:rose:

RIP Mary Ann. I am so sorry that your fresh start ended this way.

Prayers for your family and friends.

From March 2013:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/shane-simpkins-mary-ann-zarb-estero-murder-trial

Zarb, who moved to Estero after her husband's death, hired Simpkins to work on some renovations in her home. She went missing in April 2011.

Later that month, Simpkins and his co-defendant, Christopher Neuberger, separately led deputies to Zarb's body, which was in the woods near the Charlotte and Lee County line...

She said it was Simpkins who cashed checks written under Zarb's name totaling about $26,000, and it was Simpkins who lied about Zarb's whereabouts after the Estero grandmother went missing.

From April 2013:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/22046365/duo-sentenced-in-murder-of-estero-grandmother#.VYXbBYv8FWY

A judge sentenced Shane Simpkins to life in prison. His accomplice, Christopher Neuberger, got ten years in prison, followed by ten years of parole. The sentences followed an emotional statement by the son of murder victim Mary Ann Zarb.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back