FL - Miles Day Sawvel III, 34, killed during home invasion, Palm Shores, 31 Oct 2007

FriedThunder

Reaction score
Hello fellow Sleuths!

I'm looking in to the cold case of Miles Day Sawvel III. He was killed October 31, 2007 during a home invasion. The location of the homicide is in Palm shores in Brevard County Florida.
Unfortunately the Brevard Country Sheriff's Office doesn't have a detailed cold case page. The only information I was able to scrounge up was that their was an arrest on November 7, 2007 in connection with the incident.

The perp that was arrested was 18 year old Wade Dante Jackson from Melbourne Florida. He was indited on November 28 for Murder in the First Degree, Armed burglary while Discharging Firearm, Aggravated Assault, and Kidnapping with firearm. All the charges were Disposed by Prosecutor as DNA evidence Exonerated Jackson. Jackson is now serving 20 years for unrelated charges.

I have requested case notes from the BCSO, I'm just waiting on them to be processed and ready for pickup. Any help or input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

He should have gone to TX for a fresh start instead hanging around the same bad influences. JMO

Torres: Cleared of murder, is second chance possible?

Wade Dante Jackson, who was 18 when arrested and charged with murdering Miles Sawvel, was fully cleared and set free after spending 17 months in the county jail.

Jackson was bitter about the arrest. He was in jail when his grandfather died and missed the funeral. He was bitter about not being able to find a job.

"He's gotta eat, knowing I'm barely working," his mother told me this week. "What do they do? They go back to selling drugs. That's how it is on the streets. It's hard in this neighborhood."

So, these 3 witnesses lied??

Welcome To The State Attorney’s Office, 18th Judicial Circuit:
"The Jury heard from three witnesses before returning the indictment," said Assistant State Attorney Michael Hunt. The witnesses included an additional victim in the crimes and two Brevard County Sheriff’s Office agents.

No the witness did not lie, I am that other witness that was there that day and was held by gun point and almost killed too. When the police brought me in to see if Dante was the shooter I told them that I didnt think it was Dante because Dante was a bit too thin but I was told it was clearly him and they were not looking any further. Before the trial the brevard county sheriffs arrested a group of 3 other men and when i saw those men on the news i asked if i could see them in person because i thought that those where the ppl who killed Miles but i was told no that they would not do a line up for me and that they were sure Dante was the shooter. Well yep, 17 months later they got a DNA hit which lead them to the get away driver who then confirmed that Dante was not at Miles's house that day and that the other 3 men they had in custody for another robbery were the ones he drove to the house that day. The driver was given immunity for his testimony to the grand jury so once again i had to live that nightmare of a day all over again as i told the grand jury what happened along with the get away driver telling what happened. After a few days I was notified that the grand jury did not think they had enough for a convection so the case was dropped. The 3 men that were at Miles's house that day and who shot him did serve time but not for Miles's murder. One of the men, the actual shooter, served 10 years and was released not long ago only to commit another crime and is currently being held again. The other 2 men are serving 25 year terms currently for the original crime they did a week after killing Miles.
Do I know who these men are? Yes i do as the brevard county sheriff and the state of Florida keeps me informed as part of the victim services they provide.
So yeah, dont go jumping to conclusions thinking someone lied because that is not what happened, not at all.

Hello fellow Sleuths!

I'm looking in to the cold case of Miles Day Sawvel III. He was killed October 31, 2007 during a home invasion. The location of the homicide is in Palm shores in Brevard County Florida.
Unfortunately the Brevard Country Sheriff's Office doesn't have a detailed cold case page. The only information I was able to scrounge up was that their was an arrest on November 7, 2007 in connection with the incident.

The perp that was arrested was 18 year old Wade Dante Jackson from Melbourne Florida. He was indited on November 28 for Murder in the First Degree, Armed burglary while Discharging Firearm, Aggravated Assault, and Kidnapping with firearm. All the charges were Disposed by Prosecutor as DNA evidence Exonerated Jackson. Jackson is now serving 20 years for unrelated charges.

I have requested case notes from the BCSO, I'm just waiting on them to be processed and ready for pickup. Any help or input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I truly wish BCSO would finally put an end to this case and finally charge those who were involved with the crime they committed that day. I was the other person that was with Miles that day and held by gun point as i feared I was going to be shot in the head. I was forced to lay next to and hear my boyfriend take his last breath knowing there was nothing I could do to get help other than pray it was a horrible nightmare that i would wake up from. The BSCO knows who did this and yet they dont think they have enough evidence to take this to court.

I truly wish BCSO would finally put an end to this case and finally charge those who were involved with the crime they committed that day. I was the other person that was with Miles that day and held by gun point as i feared I was going to be shot in the head. I was forced to lay next to and hear my boyfriend take his last breath knowing there was nothing I could do to get help other than pray it was a horrible nightmare that i would wake up from. The BSCO knows who did this and yet they dont think they have enough evidence to take this to court.
I'm 2 years late to reply but I'm sorry about what happened to Miles and of course you B.. Miles was definitely a remarkable person who was just awesome in all aspects. Hope you found happiness. Wow I had no clue that they actually found who really did this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back