Missing Person Case
Portesha Jonice Tesha Morris – The Charley Project

• Missing Since04/16/2001
  • Missing FromMonticello, Florida
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth01/06/1987 (31)
  • Age14 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 95 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Portesha has a scar on her forehead, and her ears are pierced. Her nickname is Tesha.

Portesha was last seen in Monticello, Florida on April 16, 2001. She has never been heard from again. She may be in the Tallahassee, Florida area. Few details are available in her case.

Nothing to go on, did she run away or did she get abducted?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

What do you think about this UID for Tesha? The height estimate is off by quite a bit, unfortunately, but the UID was (sorry, graphic) burned and 2 weeks postmortem when found.... I don't know if that could make up for any of the difference or not.

The deceased was found wearing a necklace- kind of a thick chain... If you zoom in on the NAMUS pic of Tesha (because it's not cropped), does it look like Tesha is wearing a chain necklace?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

What do you think about this UID for Tesha? The height estimate is off by quite a bit, unfortunately, but the UID was (sorry, graphic) burned and 2 weeks postmortem when found.... I don't know if that could make up for any of the difference or not.

The deceased was found wearing a necklace- kind of a thick chain... If you zoom in on the NAMUS pic of Tesha (because it's not cropped), does it look like Tesha is wearing a chain necklace?

I see what you mean about a possible necklace on her NamUs photo, but it's unclear.

I'm not sure about a possible match. It seems unlikely (location is different state, height differs a lot) but it doesn't seem impossible to me.
JMO

The thread here for UP506 is:
GA - GA - Atlanta, BlkFem, UP506, 15-20, w/Pink Plastic Handbag, Nov'01

I'll go mention Portesha there...

Last edited:
There is no info on her at all... where are you Portesha?

Bumping case up. If she is alive and well, I hope she'll notify law enforcement in charge of her case so she can be removed from the databases. She was only 14 and has been missing for a long time.

Does she have any exclusions in NamUs?

Name: Portesha Jonice Tesha Morris
Case Classification: Endangered Runaway
Missing Since: April 16, 2001
Location Last Seen: Monticello, Jefferson County, Florida

Physical Description

Date of Birth: January 6, 1987
Race: Black
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 95 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown