FL FL - Ralph Hampton Miller, 17, Lakeland, Sept 19, 1970

I am interested in the "Garnett John Doe" case in Kansas, and I think that the photos of Ralph bear a resemblance to the composites of the Garnett J. Doe:

Garnett John Doe
The composite sketch seems a better likeness than the clay rendition. Perhaps you should submit it. I don't know how to see if there are any rule outs anywhere to determine if Garnett John Doe is on this Ralph's list.
upload_2020-11-21_16-9-5.png

Was there any discussion about Ralph possibly being a victim of Dean Corll? If he had ran away from Florida to Texas, it's not a stretch to assume this as a possibility, albeit a bit of a stretch.

Even the circumstances of when he was last seen are confusing.

If his mother was last to see him at home, why are there rumors he left with female friends, as stated in this thread?
(Because my next question is what did those friends say happened, and were they questioned separately by skilled LE?)
My opinions only.

I feel for his family. It's very sad they never had answers.

Interesting case... does anybody know whatever became of the witch?
I'm also wondering about her. Do we even know her real name? If she was involved with drugs, I imagine she was arrested sometimes... But The Ledger says they uses alias for every person mentioned on the articles (except Ralph Miller).
"(...) a middle-aged woman who believe she would give birth to the devil's baby. Shortly after Charles Manson and some of his followers were arrested in California in 1969 for the brutal Tate-LaBiance murders, Sara, the Witch of Lakeland, left that state and came to Lakeland where she soon attracted an occult-like following."
Does this mean she was a member of Manson Family?
"Sara told Mary that she thought she would conceive the devil's baby but she would not be raped. The older witch believed that she was chosen - "A Virgin Mary-type to the Devil" - and that the right man would come along and that man would be Satan. Later, Sara thought she had found her "Satan-lover," a man who was recently charged with three violent murders and who is in a Florida jail awaiting trial."
Do we know something about that? I've been unable to find someone who fits with that information.
I understand that The Ledger articles used aliases to write about them, but... now? It's weird we don't know anymore about this couple, because I'm sure they were arrested sooner or later (for other charges, of course). A pair like that must be very known in the area and no one has said their names.
Source: https://www.witchoflakeland.com/post/3-the-witch-of-lakeland

Coos County John Doe (1971)
I don't think this Doe was ever ruled out as possibly being Miller. Across the country from Florida, but not a stretch of possibility. Fairly easy to get from Florida to Oregon by hitchhiking over the course of a few months.
I'm reading all the post of The Witch of Lakeland (I'm shocked, BTW) and a rumor indicated that they disposed of Ralph's body in Saddle Creek; I checked on Google and there are many alligators in that area... They feel confortable in Lakeland so I don't think they travelled so far to dispose of a body; they didn't do it with Caleb McDowell, John Arnsdorff or James Wagner.

Lo
Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

On 10/2/70, the victim’s mother reported that she last saw the victim in his bed as she left for work on 09/19/70. They lived on Rt. 3, in Lakeland, FL.

Have the photos ever been confirmed that this is Ralph and the other his brother <modsnip>?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just now coming across Ralph’s thread. I haven’t gone down the rabbit hole yet that is the witch, I’m working on it. But after seeing Ralph’s thread, I thought it had some similarities to this UID from Okaloosa, Fl.
The Doe Network
NAMUS
WS thread:

Some things to point out/to ponder:
- 6 hour drive from last place Ralph was seen & where UID body was found.
- UID had blonde shoulder length hair
- Both weighed an estimated 130lb
- Ralph estimated to be 5’8”. UID estimated to be approximately 5’6”
- Ralph disappeared at 17 years old. UID estimated to be between 17-23 years old.

From The Doe Network:

Date of Discovery: June 1, 1973
Location of Discovery: Okaloosa County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 17-23 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond, shoulder-length.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He was a smoker. Circumcised. Tattoo on his right mid-arm of a horizontally-oriented scroll with indistinct letters "AM.....". Tattoo on his left posterior mid-forearm of the initials "T.K."

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not available. Plate for both upper, central incisors.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: A sleeping bag.

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim was located in a sleeping bag at a public roadside rest area in Okaloosa County.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: District 1 Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Emily Speed
Agency Phone Number: 850-416-7200 or 7210
Agency Case Number: 1973-A2073

NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #1343 Former Hot Case Number: 812

Information Source(s)​

NamUs

Admin Notes​

Added: 11/11/07; Last Updated: 8/22/2019

Last edited:
Just now coming across Ralph’s thread. I haven’t gone down the rabbit hole yet that is the witch, I’m working on it. But after seeing Ralph’s thread, I thought it had some similarities to this UID from Okaloosa, Fl.
The Doe Network
NAMUS
WS thread:

Some things to point out/to ponder:
- 6 hour drive from last place Ralph was seen & where UID body was found.
- UID had blonde shoulder length hair
- Both weighed an estimated 130lb
- Ralph estimated to be 5’8”. UID estimated to be approximately 5’6”
- Ralph disappeared at 17 years old. UID estimated to be between 17-23 years old.

From The Doe Network:

Date of Discovery: June 1, 1973
Location of Discovery: Okaloosa County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 17-23 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond, shoulder-length.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He was a smoker. Circumcised. Tattoo on his right mid-arm of a horizontally-oriented scroll with indistinct letters "AM.....". Tattoo on his left posterior mid-forearm of the initials "T.K."

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not available. Plate for both upper, central incisors.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: A sleeping bag.

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim was located in a sleeping bag at a public roadside rest area in Okaloosa County.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: District 1 Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Emily Speed
Agency Phone Number: 850-416-7200 or 7210
Agency Case Number: 1973-A2073

NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #1343 Former Hot Case Number: 812

Information Source(s)​

NamUs

Admin Notes​

Added: 11/11/07; Last Updated: 8/22/2019
Interesting if this is a match. That means he would have been alive for approx 3 years before dying which is plausible. UID hasn't been ruled out. Has this been submitted as a possible match?

I would love to help however I am able, and would appreciate any insight/information anyone else may have. For starters, here are direct links to the newspapers I used to archive the readable versions on the witch of lakeland website:

1. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Whatever Happened to Ralph Miller?"
• Page 7A (contin.), "MISSING"

2. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "RALPH MILLER: Victim of Satanic Cult's Paranoia, Disregard for Life?"
• Page 2A (contin.), "Miller: Victim of Cult's Disregard for Life?"
3. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Witch of Lakeland Urged, 'KILL, KILL, KILL'."
• Page 5A (contin.), "WITCH"
4. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Many Unhappy Ending Evolve from the Story of Ralph Miller."
• Page 7A (contin.), " ENDINGS"
5 . Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Sara's Fear of Reality Believed Key to Violence."
• Page 7A (contin.), " VIOLENCE"
6. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Always Strange Things at Sara's."
• Page 7A (contin.), " STRANGE"
7. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Raymond Still Carries Load of Guilt."
• Page 7A (contin.), " RAYMOND"
8. Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search
• Page 1, "Sara Left Ex Narc with Mental Scars
• Page 7A (contin.), " SARA"
I’m bringing this forward as they’re good sources of information on the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
echizenryoma
Back