FL FL - Ruskin, WhtMale Skeletal UP52, 30-50, brought home by dog, Jan'06

Namus has a picture of the UID with a TB (?Tampa Bay) baseball hat on:

Tampa Bay Rays are the baseball team there. Their logo is a manta ray/stingray.

I don't see any mention on namus of clothing, much less a TB Rays hat. This is misleading IMO and makes you think he's either from Tampa Bay area. Did they find a Ray's hat? I cant access the hillsborough Co examiner site above. Is there an estimate how long the skeletal remains have been there?

I don't see any mention on namus of clothing, much less a TB Rays hat. This is misleading IMO and makes you think he's either from Tampa Bay area. Did they find a Ray's hat?

I have not seen any mention of clothing for this UID. First, the dog found the skull, and the skeleton was found later by police? (trying to find source for that info but I recall reading that somewhere). Namus page suggests that the skeleton was matched to the skull by DNA.

I think the TB hat was just an effort to see if people recognize him. You see forensic artists often adding various shades of hair and different hairstyles even though the color of hair and style is completely unknown.

Is there an estimate how long the skeletal remains have been there?

The Hillsborough Med Examiner webpage does not list a post mortem interval. The namus page says Years, and lists year of death "0 to 2006".

Such a great resemblance ... you'd need to ask a lot of questions around the circumstances of Delbert's disappearance, his medicals/dentals etc. but it looks so promising. Height is right, too. The glasses must have been found with the body, so it's likely that if this is a match, Delbert died soon after his disappearance; it seems to be a stretch that, even if he had no money, he'd be able to keep hold of the same glasses for up to 12 years (or even more if that's not a recent photo)

There is definitely a resemblance between the reconstruction and Delbert beyond the glasses; so if this is a match, that is great work by the artist.

Oh my soul. There is absolutely NO MENTION of the glasses on either Namus or on the Hillsborough website. Now I am thinking that the glasses are like the TB hat, just an add on to see if people recognize this person. Feeling duped.

On the positive side, I did create a namus profile for Delbert Arnold David that is just awaiting approval.

Oh my soul. There is absolutely NO MENTION of the glasses on either Namus or on the Hillsborough website. Now I am thinking that the glasses are like the TB hat, just an add on to see if people recognize this person. Feeling duped.

NamUs UP # 52 - ME/C Case Number: 06-00026
Hillsborough County, Florida
30 to 50 year old White Male
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/52
Is this the one? Has glasses listed in Accessories.

____

Saw this *one - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13803/310

NamUs MP # 13803—- Howard Gratteau—Broward County, Florida*-

39 year old white male
Height 74 - weight 200 - wears prescription eyeglasses

On 09/01/1986 at approximately 7:30 am, Gratteau left for work to repair an A/C unit at a residence. Gratteau never made it to the job site and never returned home. He was last seen driving a white 1985 Toyota pick-up truck with the logo "B & H Air Conditioning" emblazoned on the side. The truck was equipped with a white camper top and beared FL tag number HOWARD2. Gratteau is also diabetic.

Comparison in attachment below -
Seems like a blend of the composites.

Attachments

• UID Comparison 3.jpg
    UID Comparison 3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 20
Fig Tree,
Thank you for finding the mention of the glasses in the accessories section of this UID!

I like your Howard suggestion. I wish we could see the teeth of these missing people. It seems like the UID has a slight gap between his teeth. The skull recovered was a partial skull. I wonder which part of the skull was missing and if that affects the facial recon?

Fig Tree,
Thank you for finding the mention of the glasses in the accessories section of this UID!
Glad to be of help.

I like your Howard suggestion. I wish we could see the teeth of these missing people. It seems like the UID has a slight gap between his teeth. The skull recovered was a partial skull. I wonder which part of the skull was missing and if that affects the facial recon?

Looking at Howards teeth, it does look like he has a crown on the front tooth, but it might depend on if the profile of Howard has been reversed or not, Im not sure which is the right side. It was another thing I looked at in the UID profile to try and see if there was anything in the dental chart that might match slightly to Howard.

Do you think its good enough to call in?

He's in the right state: Florida
He's got the glasses.
His age is right. His height is right.
He looks like the UID. The post mortem interval is years.
Yes, call it in!

15 Ruleouts - (technically 14)

MP19371 Craig Alexander 01/28/1985 Chittenden VT
MP19371 Craig Alexander 01/28/1985 Chittenden VT
MP28540 Scott Berry 09/08/2004 DeSoto FL
MP7638 William Bisbee 03/13/2007 Virginia Beach VA
MP21449 William Bishop, Jr. 03/02/1976 Sevier TN
-- Howard Loyd Byrd
Anton Cesnjevar
MP10495 Roy Hagel 03/06/1989 Burleigh ND
-- Stan Levy
MP9491 David Mize 04/18/1989 DeSoto MS
MP7448 William Moldt 11/07/1997 Palm Beach FL
MP8205 Jeffery Osborne 08/17/1995 Pasco FL
MP202 Kinsey Otto 05/20/2000 Clark NV
MP9299 Gerald Polk 12/21/1991 Pasco FL
-- Martin Samuel

1056UMFL - Unidentified Male
1056UMFL3.jpg
1056UMFL4.jpg
1056UMFL.jpg
1056umfl2.jpg

Reconstruction of the decedent by the University of South Florida and Wesley Neville; reconstruciton of shirt.

Date of Discovery: January 2, 2006
Location of Discovery: Ruskin, Hillsborough County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: Years prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-50 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 6'0"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Healed fracture of the left femur, left thumb and nose. Analysis revealed that the man suffered from fractures to several body parts during the course of his life including the chest, left arm, and left leg. His nose was broken and may have appeared crooked. His left hand was injured and may have affected its use and mobility. Fractures to the neck and lower back likely caused chronic pain and mobility problems. His left leg was shorter than his right which caused the man to walk with a distorted gait. His left foot had a deformity/healed fractures.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Tooth #19 with model yellow gold inlay/outlay; #14 appears to have had a full crown preparation. Missing all 4 wisdom teeth.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Tampa Bay Rays hat, a light blue button up shirt, and a black long-sleeve shirt with the word “Gimme” printed multiple times in orange and green letters on the front.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Eyeglasses, two glass bottles, a small clock radio, a razor blade holder and a plastic tobacco package.

Circumstances of Discovery
A woman discovered a human bone while cleaning her yard and believed that her dog must have retrieved it from the land surrounding her property. Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office deputies located more remains off of Highway 674, approximately ½ mile west of Interstate 75.

More than two years later on November 19, 2008, the husband of the woman who made the initial discovery was walking through the nearby woods when he located an orange camping tent with black trim between some bushes. As he approached the tent, he found additional remains. These remains were linked via DNA to those found in 2006.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Hillsborough County Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Amanda Whidden
Agency Phone Number: 813-914-4500 or 813-914-4509
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 06-00026

Agency Name: Hillsborough County Sheriff
Agency Contact Person: Detective C. Fox
Agency Phone Number: 813-247-8660 or 813-247-8600
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 06-002620

NCIC Case Number: U460019218
NamUs Case Number: 52

Information Source(s)

NamUs
Hillsborough County Medical Examiner
University of South Florida
1056UMFL

Sounds like he was staying under the radar, off grid, homeless, fell on hard times maybe. The clock radio is interesting. That would need power I think.

Eyeglasses, two glass bottles, a small clock radio, a razor blade holder and a plastic tobacco package.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back