Found Deceased FL - Sandra Lemire, 47, Orlando, 8 May 2012

Does anyone know the lead detectives contact?

I really think this spot on Bonnet creek needs to be checked, only a quarter of a mile from the Dennys. These tracks weren't there in January of 2012 but are in October of 2012, and are still even visible in January of 2014.

Seems too big for trailer tracks, and it's a completely fenced canal that doesn't really have boats on it ever... and yes being fenced it doesn't seem likely it's an accident scenario but, something went in and doesn't look to have come out...View attachment 420816View attachment 420817
That could be trailer tracks for a county/state owned boat. Water sampling is common for organizations such as Florida Wildlife Commission (FWC). (My oldest used to work for FWC) They would take boats to places and do sampling of water and sealife, particularly in moving bodies of water such as a creek.

That could be trailer tracks for a county/state owned boat. Water sampling is common for organizations such as Florida Wildlife Commission (FWC). (My oldest used to work for FWC) They would take boats to places and do sampling of water and sealife, particularly in moving bodies of water such as a creek.
That's a good point and it does show a few water quality sampling spots there on this site. I don't see a date close to 2012 but it seems like there's multiple organizations that have access to it.

Plus I went out there today and there's ~8 locks on the gate, so that tracks..

One thing I didn't really think of until going out there, there's helicopter tours that take place right over the area, so if the van was not far from the restaurant I feel like it would have been seen? but maybe that's an avenue to explore, I don't know.

⚠️ BREAKING NEWS! After nearly 12 years, we have found missing Orlando mother, Sandra Lemire.

We located her vehicle submerged in a retention pond on the side of I4 near the Disney World exit in Kissimmee Florida. Sandra’s remains and personal belongings were recovered today, December 31, 2023.

Lemire left her grandmother's home near I4 and John Young Parkway in Orlando, Florida on May 8, 2012. She was driving her grandmother's red 2004 Ford Freestar minivan with the Florida license plate number J36-8ZE. Sandra, along with the vehicle were never seen again.

Lemire was headed to Kissimmee, Florida to meet a man she'd been communicating with through an online dating service. She called her grandmother to say she'd arrived in Kissimmee, and promised to call again before she began the journey home, but she never did. She was last seen leaving a Denny’s restaurant in Kissimmee, driving the minivan.

In a collaborative effort with detectives from Orlando Police Department, a total of 63 bodies of water were searched over the last 17 months. The first search took place on July 2, 2022. Last week, detectives from Orlando Police provided additional information that prompted this weekend’s search . With the new information, one of our incredible team members, in Virginia, started mapping new locations, which included a variety of highway locations. At approximately 1:30 PM on December 30, 2023 we got a hit on sonar in a small retention pond at the Disney World exit on I4. We located what appeared to be a minivan submerged in 14 feet of water. The team quickly suited up and dove on the vehicle to make the license plate confirmation.

This extremely challenging recovery was an incredible collaboration of different law-enforcement agencies. We would like to thank Orlando Police Department, Orange County Sheriff's Office, Florida, Florida Highway Patrol, AATR Orlando Towing & Recoveryand Osceola County Sheriff's Office. All assisted in the recovery.

Our hearts go out to her family who supported us along the way we are saddened at the circumstances, but glad we could assist in bringing her home. Rest in peace Sandra, you are finally home.

⚠️ BREAKING NEWS! After nearly 12 years, we have found missing Orlando mother, Sandra Lemire.

We located her vehicle submerged in a retention pond on the side of I4 near the Disney World exit in Kissimmee Florida. Sandra’s remains and personal belongings were recovered today, December 31, 2023.

Lemire left her grandmother's home near I4 and John Young Parkway in Orlando, Florida on May 8, 2012. She was driving her grandmother's red 2004 Ford Freestar minivan with the Florida license plate number J36-8ZE. Sandra, along with the vehicle were never seen again.

Lemire was headed to Kissimmee, Florida to meet a man she'd been communicating with through an online dating service. She called her grandmother to say she'd arrived in Kissimmee, and promised to call again before she began the journey home, but she never did. She was last seen leaving a Denny’s restaurant in Kissimmee, driving the minivan.

In a collaborative effort with detectives from Orlando Police Department, a total of 63 bodies of water were searched over the last 17 months. The first search took place on July 2, 2022. Last week, detectives from Orlando Police provided additional information that prompted this weekend’s search . With the new information, one of our incredible team members, in Virginia, started mapping new locations, which included a variety of highway locations. At approximately 1:30 PM on December 30, 2023 we got a hit on sonar in a small retention pond at the Disney World exit on I4. We located what appeared to be a minivan submerged in 14 feet of water. The team quickly suited up and dove on the vehicle to make the license plate confirmation.

This extremely challenging recovery was an incredible collaboration of different law-enforcement agencies. We would like to thank Orlando Police Department, Orange County Sheriff's Office, Florida, Florida Highway Patrol, AATR Orlando Towing & Recoveryand Osceola County Sheriff's Office. All assisted in the recovery.

Our hearts go out to her family who supported us along the way we are saddened at the circumstances, but glad we could assist in bringing her home. Rest in peace Sandra, you are finally home.
That’s not too awfully far from where that large gator was captured recently. Gotta hand it to the diving team searching in those retention ponds. So glad she has been found so her family can finally have closure. I am right by that area now and wonder how many missing persons and their vehicles are in these ponds along I-4. RIP Sandra.

A New Years gift of closure to her family. I'm always so happy when they search the bodies of water to ensure there are no vehicles within. LE certainly had assistance today, look at all the vehicles parked along the road:

WFTV Orlando
1704066620719.png

Like @elframo posted above, I too wonder if the Grandmother is still alive and has received this news. I certainly hope so. RIP Sandra.

Location on StreetView
As soon as I saw the on/off ramp, I thought, poor lady lost control. Or maybe the weather was awful that evening and she couldn't see. So glad to see her going home and her family will be at peace now.

Today's options for searching should include drones over any body of water. I think there are a lot of Florida missing persons at the bottom of a retention pond or lake.

As soon as I saw the on/off ramp, I thought, poor lady lost control. Or maybe the weather was awful that evening and she couldn't see. So glad to see her going home and her family will be at peace now.

Today's options for searching should include drones over any body of water. I think there are a lot of Florida missing persons at the bottom of a retention pond or lake.
What‘s strange is there is always a large amount of traffic in this area at all times and no witnesses.

What‘s strange is there is always a large amount of traffic in this area at all times and no witnesses.
I think that is odd too. It would have been light out from 7:00am until after 8:00-8:30pm in May. Traffic on I-4 has always been a nightmare. Maybe there was construction at that exit at the time too.

Still can't believe it, for a local case it was on my mind often, including the day before she was found.
Absolutely no sign on any maps of a vehicle in there, in the water or on the land. With the damage sustained to the vehicle I hope that means it was quick at least. Sad but great to have answers.

Last edited:
ifindedout gave a streetview locaton, here's an aerialview:
28°18'28.7"N 81°34'13.2"W · Celebration, FL 34747
PayrollNerd, further back in the thread it's noted that
she was a diabetic and it's believed she didn't have any
medications with her.
When she turned left (eastwards) out of the restaurant on
Irlo Bronson, she (perhaps drove to the 7-Eleven on the
corner of that highway and Poinciana Blvd to refuel and
then) perhaps proceeded north along Poinciana Blvd to get
onto the W Osceola Parkway (where it is known a toll was
generated by her vehicle that date). (A 'pay-by-plate' toll?).
Here's the view she would have seen proceeding westwards
along the W Osceola Parkway (if her intention was to return
to her residence away to the north, via the I-4 'East'):
Google Maps
I wonder if she was unfamilar with the area and mistakenly
took the 'next left' which leads you towards the I-4 'West',
instead of proceeding further to the I-4 turnoff going
eastwards which was the correct way to return home.
As you can see, there is no I-4 'East' sign, instead there is
a sign for 'Disney World'. From that point, the I-4 East
turnoff is about 1.3 km straight ahead, and the 'Disney
World' turnoff is more than 3km straight ahead!
So assuming she took the incorrect 'next left', she would
have proceeded on State Road 417. On toll road SR-417
there is a way to get onto I-4 East via Celebration Ave,
but unfortunately, again, there was no 'I-4 East' sign to
advise of that possibility:
Google Maps
There's a toll booth on SR-417 she would have had to
drive through. (I wonder if the text seen in your post:
FL - FL - Sandra Lemire, 47, Orlando, 8 May 2012
"Last week, detectives from Orlando Police provided
additional information that prompted this weekend’s
search", could this refer to some other possibly
discovered toll information for her vehicle on her
disappearance date?)

Proceeding further along SR-417 does lead you to the
place where her vehicle left the road into the pond.
Speed? A lapse into a diabetic coma? We'll never know.

Last edited:
I am about 95% up to speed on this case. I just want to say if she was in diabetic shock, it is very possible she drove off the road and into a canal. She could have been disoriented and gone a route they haven't thought to check out. I have been with a close relative that was experiencing this and they acted drunk, couldn't speak, confused and sweating, it was really scary.
I thought this all along. Glad they finally found her.

I'm so glad they finally found her. Sunshine State Sonar posted information on their FB page detailing how they came to find her in this location. Such a bittersweet day for her friends and family but I'm glad they were able to finally bring her home.

ifindedout gave a streetview locaton, here's an aerialview:
28°18'28.7"N 81°34'13.2"W · Celebration, FL 34747
PayrollNerd, further back in the thread it's noted that
she was a diabetic and it's believed she didn't have any
medications with her.
When she turned left (eastwards) out of the restaurant on
Irlo Bronson, she (perhaps drove to the 7-Eleven on the
corner of that highway and Poinciana Blvd to refuel and
then) perhaps proceeded north along Poinciana Blvd to get
onto the W Osceola Parkway (where it is known a toll was
generated by her vehicle that date). (A 'pay-by-plate' toll?).
Here's the view she would have seen proceeding westwards
along the W Osceola Parkway (if her intention was to return
to her residence away to the north, via the I-4 'East'):
Google Maps
I wonder if she was unfamilar with the area and mistakenly
took the 'next left' which leads you towards the I-4 'West',
instead of proceeding further to the I-4 turnoff going
eastwards which was the correct way to return home.
As you can see, there is no I-4 'East' sign, instead there is
a sign for 'Disney World'. From that point, the I-4 East
turnoff is about 1.3 km straight ahead, and the 'Disney
World' turnoff is more than 3km straight ahead!
So assuming she took the incorrect 'next left', she would
have proceeded on State Road 417. On toll road SR-417
there is a way to get onto I-4 East via Celebration Ave,
but unfortunately, again, there was no 'I-4 East' sign to
advise of that possibility:
Google Maps
There's a toll booth on SR-417 she would have had to
drive through. (I wonder if the text seen in your post:
FL - FL - Sandra Lemire, 47, Orlando, 8 May 2012
"Last week, detectives from Orlando Police provided
additional information that prompted this weekend’s
search", could this refer to some other possibly
discovered toll information for her vehicle on her
disappearance date?)

Proceeding further along SR-417 does lead you to the
place where her vehicle left the road into the pond.
Speed? A lapse into a diabetic coma? We'll never know.
This wasn't my idea but someone brought up the possibility to me that she missed the exit here (1) after taking a right turn out of the Denny's and mistakenly took the next exit (2).
route.JPGThat would have led her to merge onto i-4 going south. She probably noticed she was going the wrong direction and tried to get off, and the next exit to get off would have been where she ended up..
I know there was a toll generated by her vehicle but it was never clear to me if that was referring to the one on her way there or if that was actually a second one that day?

Published in 2012. ETA: Even if she was diabetic, surely they ate at the McDonalds. But perhaps her numbers were too high, rather than too low. So yeah, that could have been a root cause of her ending up in the pond.

Investigators said Lemire left Varner's home on May 8 to get together with a man she had met online. They were supposed to connect at a McDonald's near Old Town in Kissimmee.

Police said they found and interviewed her online date, who said he did meet with Lemire, but at the end of the date, they went their separate ways.

Last edited:

Amazing. 63 bodies of water! And they apparently didn't charge the family a dime!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back