FL FL - Silver Springs, WhtMale 17-30, 1075UMFL, scattered remains in Ocala National Forest w/ .38 Special revolver, Dec'92

lightofmine99

♞Ⅸ
Reaction score
Silver Springs John Doe (1992)
1075UMFL (DN)
#UP6052 (NAM)
1075UMFL.jpg1075UMFL4.jpg
Reconstruction (left) decedent's t-shirt (right).
Circumstances
The decedent's scattered skeletal remains were found by a hunter in the Ocala National Forest, 100 yards south of the entrance to the Juniper Springs Park. A .38 Special revolver was found nearby with one shot fired. Authorities do not suspect foul play. (per DN).

Bones found at a campsite and a gun was near-by in the Juniper Springs Recreation site (per NamUs).

This case is currently being investigated by new user @Thomas Lee as part of the Marion Co. Florida Cold Case Team. More photos are available on Doe Network and NamUs.

Case Numbers:
  • Doe Network: 1075UMFL​
  • NamUs: #UP6052
  • FLUIDDB: #773
  • ME/C: MA-618/ME-1614
Overview:
  • Date of Discovery: December 29, 1992
  • PMI: 1985-1992 (estimate)
  • State of Remains: Near complete or complete skeleton
  • Cause of Death: Gunshot wound to the head
Physical:
  • Estimated Age: 17-30 years old
  • Race: White
  • Sex: Male
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 160 lbs.; thin to medium build (estimate)
  • Hair Color: UNKNOWN
  • Eye Color: UNKNOWN
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Spina bifida occulta, overbite
Identifiers
  • Dentals: AVAILABLE
  • Fingerprints: UNAVAILABLE
  • DNA: AVAILABLE
Personal Affects:
  • Clothing:
    • Docker pants; Hanes underwear, 32 inch waist
    • Levi's jacket
    • blue t-shirt with a picture of a sailboat and "Rum Runners Bermuda" in white lettering, size medium (see photo)
    • t-shirt with "Miami Vice" on front along with characters from the tv show, size medium
    • Nike Air sneakers, size 10 or 11
  • Add'l Items:
    • .38 caliber Charter Arms Off Duty revolver serial #7813, barrel stamped "off-duty 38 special"
    • shaving kit
    • blue Adidas nylon tote bag
    • sunglasses
    • hairbrush;
    • zippered gun pouch
    • roll-on deodorant dated 09/10/1991
  • Jewelry: NONE
Investigating Agencies:
  • Agency Name: District 5 Medical Examiner's Office
  • Agency Contact Person: Lindsey Bayer, Medicolegal Death Investigator
  • Agency Phone Number: 352-326-5961
  • Agency E-Mail: Lindsey.Bayer@Marioncountyfl.org
  • Agency Case Number: 1992-618/ME-1614

• Agency Name: Marion County Sheriff's Office
  • Agency Contact Person: Detective Rhonda Stroup
  • Agency Phone Number: 352-732-8181
  • Agency E-Mail: rstroup@marionso.com
  • Agency Case Number: 92-033018
  • NCIC Case Number: U617473061
Links:
FLUIDDB: #773 (ARCHIVE)
NAMUS: #UP6052 (ARCHIVE)
DOE NET: #1075UMFL (ARCHIVE)

I live in Ocala in the winters and I'm confused as to why this Doe is called Silver Springs Doe. Silver Springs is 22 miles east of Juniper Springs, where this Doe was found.

I live in Ocala in the winters and I'm confused as to why this Doe is called Silver Springs Doe. Silver Springs is 22 miles east of Juniper Springs, where this Doe was found.

I think it's a mistake. The text of the Namus case file clearly says Juniper Springs; it's just the header where it's wrong.

No actually I take that back, I just found Silver Springs in another spot as well. That's weird. Is Silver Springs the name of the county, or something?

No actually I take that back, I just found Silver Springs in another spot as well. That's weird. Is Silver Springs the name of the county, or something?
Yeah I read Silver Springs as the location on Doe Network, I believe. Unless it has been changed since. 99% sure I read Silver Springs.

I think it's a mistake. The text of the Namus case file clearly says Juniper Springs; it's just the header where it's wrong.

Both Silver Springs and Juniper Springs are located in Marion County, FL. Silver Springs is a state park, but it's within Ocala, FL. You could maybe call it a neighborhood but it's not a town. No idea where the name came from. Just lazy data entry I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back