FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
On HLN they said a purse was found at the park and evidence found in the mens restroom at the park. Not sure if they meant the purse or not, they said each things in different sentences.

I wonder if the Ladies restroom was "out of order"? I wonder what "evidence" was found in the men's room? A perp could certainly hide in there waiting for an opportunity.

JMO

What kind of renovations were they doing and how long had they been doing it for?
My understanding is that the roof was redone and the inside is gutted to 2x4 studs with no drywall yet. It also appears to have all new windows in the front.

I would say it was off... due to fact owner lives out of town.. would be so much damage if something broke and NO one at the house.. I would say they went across the street... jmo
So someone could have attacked her at this house and cleaned up at the restrooms?

I wonder if the Ladies restroom was "out of order"? I wonder what "evidence" was found in the men's room? A perp could certainly hide in there waiting for an opportunity.

JMO
I wonder if they did not just bag the restroom trash as a precaution due to the proximity to the burned house across the street.

If my memory serves me correctly the Empty House had a fire this past Feb. 8mths ago.

What kind of renovations were they doing and how long had they been doing it for?

My understanding is house caught fire around april.... house started getting renovated around july.... whole house gutted inside.. new windows on house.. one media report said on the inside was just the 2/4's still no dry wall up yet.. or boards on the floor... thats about all I know .. except owner lives in jacksonville.... owner rents out house as far as we have found....

One could assume that whatever they found at the empty house had some kind of link to the Restroom@ the Park.

My understanding is house caught fire around april.... house started getting renovated around july.... whole house gutted inside.. new windows on house.. one media report said on the inside was just the 2/4's still no dry wall up yet.. or boards on the floor... thats about all I know .. except owner lives in jacksonville.... owner rents out house as far as we have found....

Suffice to say that the house was empty a long time. That may have been this perp's plan for a long time as well, just waiting for an opportunity. So someone familiar with the neighborhood...?

Or one could assume that Somer, being upset, ran into the men's bathroom to hide until her sibs went past, and left her backpack or a shoeprint or a piece of paper there that shows she was in the bathroom.
One could assume lots of things.

Did NG say anything new? Trick or Treat is tonight and I am back and forth
from room to room during kids coming ........

Sure, that is a definate possibility. Or the perp hid in the restroom and took her across the street to the house. Either way.
I thought of this also.How would the perp have known the house was vacant?Unless he was local or worked there.

Did NG say anything new? Trick or Treat is tonight and I am back and forth
from room to room during kids coming ........
She switched gears, I guess she'll talk about Somer in a bit. Talking about Dana Harrington now.

Gosh, what a beautiful young woman, Dana. Prayers for her!

Suffice to say that the house was empty a long time. That may have been this perp's plan for a long time as well, just waiting for an opportunity. So someone familiar with the neighborhood...?

from what I can understand the construction guy said his brother hadn't worked at his company for 2 months.. so I am taking that as the RSO vinson (brother to owner of construction co.) worked at the house around 2 months ago.. but brother could of been mistaken .. right??

Or one could assume that Somer, being upset, ran into the men's bathroom to hide until her sibs went past, and left her backpack or a shoeprint or a piece of paper there that shows she was in the bathroom.
One could assume lots of things.

So true...endless.. baffling! But I think it's safe to assume that the house and the restroom are connected with Somer. I also think that the statement by LE that the perp may be injured means that they do have blood and it is very likely combined or in close proximity to Somer's blood. I think DNA was found and processed, just not matched to anyone. (Oaky, I am assumming a lot here, I know)

So true...endless.. baffling! But I think it's safe to assume that the house and the restroom are connected with Somer. I also think that the statement by LE that the perp may be injured means that they do have blood and it is very likely combined or in close proximity to Somer's blood. I think DNA was found and processed, just not matched to anyone. (Oaky, I am assumming a lot here, I know)
But remember, we don't even know that Somer bled. Chances are she did, but it might have been a soft kill.

I can say from past experience that usually when they indicate a killer is injured, past bruises and scratches, it means stabbing or dismemberment, because the knife tends to slip, and hands can get seriously cut.
Sorry, I've been holding that tidbit in since I saw the thing about injuries. It was almost too gruesome to share.

from what I can understand the construction guy said his brother hadn't worked at his company for 2 months.. so I am taking that as the RSO vinson (brother to owner of construction co.) worked at the house around 2 months ago.. but brother could of been mistaken .. right??

I just don't know, but this guy was about 19 when he was charged and the vic was 15 at the time. Seems like the system needs to weed out these type of Guys from the other sicko's. JMO

I just don't know, but this guy was about 19 when he was charged and the vic was 15 at the time. Seems like the system needs to weed out these type of Guys from the other sicko's. JMO

I don't think that is correct.. the sleuths here found out she was much younger.. that is just the story rso vinson brother told.. you would have to go back threads to read ... I could be wrong but I don't think so..

LE is probably thinking that Somer put up a fight , that the Perp would have wounds from her trying to defend herself. If this was the case she probably would have his skin under her nails and he would have facial lacerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat