FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering the same thing. Do we have a list of names or is this another assumption being tossed out about DT?

As the saying goes, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts.

Anyone can search MS and FB, as we do in all cases and branch off from them with the network of friends. Is it not a fact that DT has MS / FB ?
Is it not a fact she has friends on both sites? Is not a fact we all have the ability to go there and look for anything that may be connected or lead to another clue?

What one set eyes don't see another will, and what one reads can mean something enitrely different to another. I am looking for anything and everything that could be part of the puzzle, and remain within TOS.

THIS is the one question I would like to have answered. Well actually it's two questions, but I want to know what their normal after school routine was, and why this family strayed from that routine on this particular day.

I was wondering the same thing, did they have a certain babysitter, was she sick that day etc. Did DT have more than one sitter. Was SP there that day to help her out , did he sit more often.

I for one, am not trying to bash this family , my reference in one of my prior posts re: bad blood between DT and Somer's dad , was most likely the reason why he was omitted from the obit.

Hmm I don't know but do know who to ask. might take me a day or so to get the answer though. depends on how quickly the emails gets answered.

Melissa

replying to my own post but I found out the answer. . (I know someone who is an embalmer) dismembered arms legs ect still go through rigor becasue it is a chemical reaction in the muscles.

Melissa

Just to show you how close Horton Drive (which is outside the city limits) is to city limits. (map provided by Dr. Fessel http://tinyurl.com/yg54o3f in post above (previous page by now).

f8bdeb35.jpg

Jeez , If we knew where she was last seen by sibs , we could possibly track down where she might have gone. So, am I correct in saying the young fellow was the last to see her by the tanks or was it Kyle at the house? If she did not make it to the Guard crossing by the "burnt home" on Gano, she must have gone somewhere from Gano or....

I will say this and then come back when the police put out more information.I really think LE the police are the ones qualified to investigate this case.I agree we need to understand she just had her little girl killed.I don't care what life style she led.No one had a right to kill her little girl or thier sister and throw them away like trash.No one.I feel if you are going to slueth her or the family.Maybe it should be in a private forum.To me it just seems very disrespectful after something this tragic happened.

So in a nutshell-- we shouldn't be allowed to post here until LE cracks the case? :)

I have not read one post here stating anyone had a right to murder a child, and throw her in the trash. In fact-- we are all outraged and that is what brought us together-- to put our searching together and find out anything we can for the Justice for Somer Thompson.

IMO, The lack of proper bussing for elementary/primary school age children in Somer's school district (as mentioned in a previous post) really really burns my butt.

I wonder if the Thompsons (or neighbors) have standing to sue the school (or the FL Public School System) for irresponsible bus policy? It would be interesting to sleuth how the decision not to bus the youngest and most vulnerable in the district came about, how long it's been in place, etc.

Are there any locals here familiar with this policy? Is it controversial locally? Before Somer's disappearance, or only after? Did voters know this specific cut was in the budget they voted on? (If that's how it happened?)

If there is ANY standing, I hope someone would take this case pro bono. It's not necessasry to "win" such a case, for the threat of similar lawsuites to result in a revision/change in policy - which would then be a win for one's community, and perhaps, for public school communities everywhere who might otherwise be considering cutting bussing for elementary/primary kids.

Busses come before budgets for other programs, i.e. extracurricular activities, IMO. i.e. If there is no bus for the babies in the district, there should certainly be no football for the big ones. Period.

(Maybe there is no football, I don't know, not being local but it would be really interesting to see this pursued, and I hope the community is looking into the best way to make this change happen.)

I think we're all growing frustrated and weary from not getting any new info. We all have varying opinions that's for sure, but one thing I'm certain we all have in common is we want to find who did this to Somer. So maybe we can all step back, take a big deep breath, and get 'er done.

I know we talked about this and pretty extensively, but did we pinpoint exactly who the 4 missing children from the Jacksonville area were some 20 years ago referred to by John Walsh, AMW?? Here is the article and video. I say we refocus on this and sleuth the he77 out of it. Do we have any info to start with???

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-killer-serial-child-predator/story?id=8915179

According to Missing Person Report, sister says she last saw Somer going west on Gano near intersection with Solomon.

Connie S.'s daughter saw Somer walking west on Gano near intersection of Grove Park Drive.

I'll add those intersections to the map I posted and repost here. Placement of stars is estimated. Wanted to leave street name visible.

Blue star = CS = Gano and Grove Park
Red star = siblings = Gano and Solomon
Street name Solomon didn't show so I zoomed in and put insert on here too (green outline).

1080 Gano in green.

The house at 1080 Gano is between Solomon and Grove Park Drive ... so did she double back after she was seen by CS? How close to Grove Park Drive when she was seen? CS said she lost sight of her in group of kids ...

68134247.jpg

My mind changes often but for right now these are my top suspects...

1. CWG. Until I hear he's found and cleared It's just way too weird that his name appears.

2. Someone from the neighborhood who took advantage of the opportunity to do harm to Somer. Maybe has offended in the past but not been reported.

3. Kyle or someone who has something to do with working on that burned out house.

4. SP - not because of anything we have heard, but more because we have heard so little about him. And because of the huge coincidence that it was the first time ever he was there to wait for the kids.

much farther down the list....

5. Older brother - just because of unanswered questions which could be easily cleared up. And because I think that disposing of her body in the trash was a sort of childish thing to do.

Anyone else want to list their top suspects?

So in a nutshell-- we shouldn't be allowed to post here until LE cracks the case? :)

I have not read one post here stating anyone had a right to murder a child, and throw her in the trash. In fact-- we are all outraged and that is what brought us together-- to put our searching together and find out anything we can for the Justice for Somer Thompson.
Some things in the family's life should be in a private forum.It's just respectful to do that.

Just a question.. I for one do not believe that this mother had anything to do with any of this..I could very well be wrong, but..
Would it be normal for LE to stand beside a family if they thought that anyone in that family had anything to do with a child's murder? Would they allow the public to continue to give and give and give without letting on that they are standing beside and supporting a murderer?
Like with Misty in the Haleigh Case..LE has come out and said she holds the key which throws out much support of her..
Then Casey..
LE immediately said she was a liar which sparked the public to turn from being by her side and supporting her and her "script"
It just seems to me that if this family had anything to do with this, LE has an obligation to the public to inform them so they are not supporting fraud..
Any ideas on this?
I'll add another thought too. It's not just about the public donating funds to support the family ~ whoever's family ~ it's also the fear that a predator is on the loose. If in any case LE believes someone close to the victim is responsible, it should be made known just so the public isn't afraid to go outside their homes, or that their children are going to be abducted by the "predator". I also remember in other cases where LE has stated "this isn't a random act" which immediately tells us the public isn't in danger. MOO

http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-Tru...r-rumors-fly-in-slaying-of-North-Florida-girl

This article says DT has "two children remaining".

Did I miss something? Which of DT's 3 remaining is no longer?

IMO, massive errors such as this discredit the entire article, and any future info brought by this source should be roundly scrutinized. Perhaps they'll come forth with a correction. Don't hold your breath, though.

I'll add another thought too. It's not just about the public donating funds to support the family ~ whoever's family ~ it's also the fear that a predator is on the loose. If in any case LE believes someone close to the victim is responsible, it should be made known just so the public isn't afraid to go outside their homes, or that their children are going to be abducted by the "predator". I also remember in other cases where LE has stated "this isn't a random act" which immediately tells us the public isn't in danger. MOO

I read on another site LE is no longer outside the family home.

Anyone can search MS and FB, as we do in all cases and branch off from them with the network of friends. Is it not a fact that DT has MS / FB ?
Is it not a fact she has friends on both sites? Is not a fact we all have the ability to go there and look for anything that may be connected or lead to another clue?

What one set eyes don't see another will, and what one reads can mean something enitrely different to another. I am looking for anything and everything that could be part of the puzzle, and remain within TOS.

Sorry, that doesn't prove to me DT has/had lots of BFs.

I have just come home from work and have sifted through the last 10 pages or so and said to myself i will not respond here to anything because basically we are spinning our wheels. What has started out as sleuthing has turned into somewhat of a morality play here and we seem to have divided into two sanctions - one who believe DT's lifestyle has a direct connection to this - the other that believes this may or may not have been a crime of opportunity. I think what is most rankling (at least to me) is the judgemental tone of some of the posts ( i honestly dont believe low cut dresses, references to pot and drinking beer etc etc have a connection to this but that is just my own personal belief) - to be honest there have been many sexual predators that have no connection to these things - they can come from religious affiliations and really all walks of society - sexual preying on children is a terrible sickness - who knows if it even has any connection atl all with somer's murder??? i think we all need to take a step back and maybe just sleuth the facts without constantly bringing up DT's lifestyle...this has been gone over and over in the last days and i think the battle lines have been drawn at this point... on that note - i think this will be the last post i make for some time (although i will still pursue some of the theories i personally have) Come on everyone i think we need to lose a little of the edginess that has been drawn up over personal values.

Some things in the family's life should be in a private forum.It's just respectful to do that.

There is a child killer on the loose and LE has not provided the public with anyone cleared in this case. NO POI or Suspects.

I read on another site LE is no longer outside the family home.

I can't help but wonder if the other children did notice someone in the area on their way home, told LE and for their safety, this is the reason why LE has been staying guard at the home for so long.

Did LE feel that there may have been a further threat to the family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member