FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Sunday afternoon - taking a break from Football, and thought - randomly - to go through the Lost & Found on Craigslist Jacksonville (I'm in SoCal) - maybe this has already been discovered. Strange post - to me - on October 21st - in all caps:
JUST A REMINDER. THE BODY LOCATED IN THE LANDFILL HAS NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED YET!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT DECLARE HER AS NO LONGER WITH US, UNTIL WE KNOW FOR SURE!!!! An obvious reference to Somer, as it says "her" - all kinds of possibilities - could someone be sending a msg to the perp, or - someone close to the family sick of speculation - or? Thoughts on this anyone?

What the??????!!!!!!!

I am waiting for thoughts!

human he is a guy in NC . He was picked up by US Marshalls Oct 22 ,2009. They had been looking for him since last Feb. re kidnapping and sexual offenses 2 girls under 12. he appeared before the Court Nov 13. in NC same county as ST. Alot of this was on the board this past FRi.

LE said they are looking for the bag and piggy lunch pail. Wasn't Somer waring a white scarf and hat that day? I wonder if they found those items.

It's amazing what kids leave at school. I live where there is snow. I see that kids have left winter jackets at school! That always astounds me.

So, if Somer is kind of a space cadet, which she appeared to be, she may have left those at school since it was probably hot when she left.

OT - Shout out to my girl Emma Peel!!! Where have you been????

It's amazing what kids leave at school. I live where there is snow. I see that kids have left winter jackets at school! That always astounds me.

So, if Somer is kind of a space cadet, which she appeared to be, she may have left those at school since it was probably hot when she left.

It was cool that morning - the coolest we've had since last winter. But the afternoon was warmer (what we call a wrap & peel day in the south).

Hi everyone!
I still have a few pages to catch up on, but wanted to post this. Sorry if anyone has already posted it.

I know everyone has probably already moved on to other topics, but I wanted to add one more comment about the psychopath test. I knew it seemed familiar when it was posted, just couldn't remember when or where I had seen it! It was great fun trying to ponder the answer to the test, and thank you to whomever posted it - we all needed a little frivolous activity to help us relax and focus! But the psychopath test is, in reality, a hoax. I'm not saying that the person who posted it was trying to play a trick on anyone! Not at all! I'm just saying that the test itself isn't a true test of psychopathic/sociopathic personality disorder. It's an urban legend.

Here's the link to snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/sister.asp

If you'll take a sec to read the whole article there, it gives some good info on psychopathic/sociopathic behavior, although I disagree with the author of the article about using the two terms interchangeably. They aren't necessarily synonymous, at least in terms of diagnosing mental illness and personality disorder.

Cheers!

BTW - MommaD - I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the bottle of wine. Next one's on you!

Good Sunday afternoon - taking a break from Football, and thought - randomly - to go through the Lost & Found on Craigslist Jacksonville (I'm in SoCal) - maybe this has already been discovered. Strange post - to me - on October 21st - in all caps:
JUST A REMINDER. THE BODY LOCATED IN THE LANDFILL HAS NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED YET!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT DECLARE HER AS NO LONGER WITH US, UNTIL WE KNOW FOR SURE!!!! An obvious reference to Somer, as it says "her" - all kinds of possibilities - could someone be sending a msg to the perp, or - someone close to the family sick of speculation - or? Thoughts on this anyone?

I would report it.. you just never know.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ime_stoppers_sift_through_tips_to_solve_crime

It could be something as simple as a piece of paper on the ground or a car that passed by that day. Every little bit helps, he said.

"We're still getting tips on everything," he said. "We're getting tips on possible suspects. Every day we get more tips.

"Sometimes," he said, "there's that needle in the haystack that you step on ... and there's the case right there."

Also from the link provided by ccane above

Following up on leads is one of the most important things police can do to solve crimes, he said, but it can be time-consuming, particularly because of the growing success of anonymous tip lines such as First Coast Crime Stoppers.

The hotline is anonymous. The service doesn't trace phone calls or use caller ID, so nobody can ever find out who made the tip.

I agree I also think the calling Mr PC at 4:20 could have the other 420 meaning which all pot smokers use as code

Sometimes, what we are looking for is right in front of us! But, like the old magician's trick of getting the audience to watch one hand, so that no one pays attention to what the other hand is doing, thus, the audience believes in the "magic".

Hi everyone!
I still have a few pages to catch up on, but wanted to post this. Sorry if anyone has already posted it.

I know everyone has probably already moved on to other topics, but I wanted to add one more comment about the psychopath test. I knew it seemed familiar when it was posted, just couldn't remember when or where I had seen it! It was great fun trying to ponder the answer to the test, and thank you to whomever posted it - we all needed a little frivolous activity to help us relax and focus! But the psychopath test is, in reality, a hoax. I'm not saying that the person who posted it was trying to play a trick on anyone! Not at all! I'm just saying that the test itself isn't a true test of psychopathic/sociopathic personality disorder. It's an urban legend.

Here's the link to snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/sister.asp

If you'll take a sec to read the whole article there, it gives some good info on psychopathic/sociopathic behavior, although I disagree with the author of the article about using the two terms interchangeably. They aren't necessarily synonymous, at least in terms of diagnosing mental illness and personality disorder.

Cheers!

BTW - MommaD - I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the bottle of wine. Next one's on you!

Dang! I posted that little test because a friend just emailed it to me. And here I thought I had total proof that I'm OK.

Great synopsis on psychos/socios though.

fyi, it was ElizaAvalon who gave us such great info on the family before, and I've asked her to look into Diena having another child (with what limited info I had). She had not come up with any other birth records for Diena before but maybe she'll have more info after reading here.

Where was DT between 4 and 5ish..? Did you see anyone one say they saw her looking for somer? Anyone say she was calling friends home looking for somer? Did the police clear her yet? Did she check with home before reporting missing? Did she act strange on her interviews.

Thank you for bringing this up again. I know it's been discussed before, but as MommaD said this a.m. when she was so brazenly (you know I love you, MommaD!) finishing off the last of my very fine wine - time to rehash!!!

These are questions we have asked. They need to be asked again! And again, and again!

These are some of those "missing pieces" that I alluded to in my very first post.

Thank you for bringing this up again. I know it's been discussed before, but as MommaD said this a.m. when she was so brazenly (you know I love you, MommaD!) finishing off the last of my very fine wine - time to rehash!!!

These are questions we have asked. They need to be asked again! And again, and again!

These are some of those "missing pieces" that I alluded to in my very first post.

I sure wish LE would share more of where people were at what times. Highly unlikely unless after finishing with the 4,000 tips they still haven't a clue.

SorrellSkye, thanks for the info on the psychopath test. A few people's spouses got it right, and I'm sure they will sleep much better now!

ccane - thx for the link. I value your input. I already have that site bookmarked, and hope that others do, too. Please remove it, I would hate to see you get banned or TO'd.

I would like you to stick around. You have guts, you are bold, and we think alike!

So - pls - remove the link, just in case it's not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675