FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone answer this for me. Where was the boyfriend at the time that she went missing, any one know???

Rest in Peace sweet Somer. Fly with the angels now baby girl.

My heart goes out to her family... life can feel so cruel at times, and right now, this feels like the cruelest of cuts to the heart. RIP Somer...

I hate even thinking this but, is it possible she hid in the dumpster & was injured when the trash was crushed?

I wondered, but the way LE is talking, they already know she was murdered. She could very well be nude and that is leading to that decision. If they can only see as much of her as they say they can, that would be about the only indication, at this point.

I'm just sicken by this, just sickened. How do we make this stop? Someone tell me please!
I'm serious, I want to know what steps we can take as a group to make this stop. Look at these forums, it's almost daily that a child goes missing and is posted on the forums. We are all sick to death of it and I want to be a part of any group that is serious about putting a stop to this.

I will join you in that group. There has to be something we can do. This is so heartbreaking.

Another child gone too soon...:rage:

RIP Somer :rose:

:praying: for Somer, her family and friends.

watching live coverage on firstcoast.

people are still having hope... people passing out fliers

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...d_at_georgia_landfill_where_officials_were_se

Child's body found at Georgia landfill where officials were searching for Somer Thompson
Sheriff delayed news conference because of 'major development'
By Dana Treen, Jim Schoettler
Story updated at 4:26 PM on Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2009

ORANGE PARK — Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler announced this afternoon that the body of a small child has been found in a Georgia landfill.

The child has not been identified as missing 7-year-old Orange Park girl Somer Renee Thompson, but Beseler said the landfill is used for Clay County trash.

The body was partially covered and is a white child, although the sex cannot be confirmed. FBI forensics investigators are en route to the scene.

Beseler said the child's mother and father both have been notified that a body of a small child has been found.

A Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime-scene vehicle pulled into the landfill within the last hour.

The vehicle, which resembles an ambulance, arrived several hours after the search at Chesser Island Landfill began.

Beseler had planned a 4 p.m. news conference but delayed it because of a "major development" in the case.

Mary Justino, a spokeswoman for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, said earlier today that Rosemary Hill landfill near Green Cove Springs and the Chesser Island Landfill, were targeted by investigators.

Trash from the neighborhood where Somer's family lived is taken to Rosemary Hill, then transferred to the Georgia landfill. Justino said the searches are a "precautionary measure" and are not based on a tip or a lead in the case.

. . .

candlelight vigil tonight at 1930

bring fushia purple... it is Somer's fav. color

All I can think of is her mom on The Today Show this morning, how torn up she was, and what she must be going through right now. I'm just sick.

awww, sweet baby girl...you will remain in our hearts forever.

A friend just emailed me the horrible news...I am so sad. My son came home for lunch and said it is disgusting...that is putting it lightly!

This is just so hard, kids being murdered, how can we end this horrible epidemic? If this turns out to be a sex offender in FLorida which by the way has the most registered offenders and is the number one state for child *advertiser censored* distribution. Something needs to be done - there is no way 75 sex offenders whould be allowed to live in a 10 mile radius of each other - that cluster of offenders pose a very high risk to a neighborhood and community - there needs to be better laws in palce to monitor these people, not allowed htem to have driver's lincenses or access to certain areas. Also not let them live in clusters in overwhelming numbers.

It makes me sick. If it was a relative well then we need to address that issue ina whole other way.

I hate even thinking this but, is it possible she hid in the dumpster & was injured when the trash was crushed?

She was exposed from the waist down and I would think a child would scream at somepoint.

i can't even imagine what her siblings and the other children she was walking home with are feeling. the last time they saw her, they fought. and they will always feel responsible even though if it wasn't Somer, it probably would have been someone else. so sad...

stupid governor! he chooses this moment in time to say, "the good news is that crime is down overall in florida by eight per cent"

I mean really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh MI GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious: Disgusting...

Somer sweetie, you are safe now, no one will ever hurt you again...look after your mommy. You are her angel now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member