FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out how to be delicate. Bear with me, I suck at delicacy.

As a mother, I can say that I would never post pics of that nature online of myself. I would never allow them to be posted.

However, it was an adult party. Adult being the key word. I have been to parties much much much much worse. I don't see the behavior as a red flag, I see it as tame, considering that costumes aside, they were playing quarter bounce and horsing around. As adults.

The fact that she would allow the photos to stay online, that may be a red flag. For immaturity and small scale bad judgement. But not much else, IMO.
All of the above, MOO.

Why have they not been in the media supporting their daughter at all. Even Cindy and George who also coddled cassy tried in vain to cast Casay as a good mother and say she could not have down this to her child. DT's coddling parents are smart not to stick there neck out right now. It's one thing to Coddle and spoil your child but not to do so now is very telling

RUMOR They spend yrs talking care of DT and the kids... thus the house.. and time to take care of your own family.. I think they are there for the kids as they have always been... but they wanted a life too.. I feel so bad for them

Would someone please PM me with the info? ;) TIA

You have to have 50 posts. So play the games and delete your post about asking for the PM. This site doesn't allow asking for PMs. I'll be thinking of you.

Ok, please can anyone help me firgure out who the guy was at the funeral? He gave me the creeps so bad... remember the "tight wrangler jeans guy"? Maybe his name was not CHris, but he knew of him (cp) and just said that.. do you think LE would tell me if I called about him?.. ST said he called and not to worry about him.. but it wont leave me alone.. and ST has more faith in their truths (because he just has to) than I am.

Did you already look at friends on cp's ms page? I can't recall whose pics you already looked at or what the description of the guy was.

As a mother, I can say that I would never post pics of that nature online of myself. I would never allow them to be posted.

However, it was an adult party. Adult being the key word. I have been to parties much much much much worse. I don't see the behavior as a red flag, I see it as tame, considering that costumes aside, they were playing quarter bounce and horsing around. As adults.

The fact that she would allow the photos to stay online, that may be a red flag. For immaturity and small scale bad judgement. But not much else, IMO.
All of the above, MOO.

My kids are about DT's age and 2 of them have children. I would be very depressed as a parent if I saw my girls doing what DT was doing and I would be depressed if my son was doing what the guy was doing.

Quite frankly, in all my years, I have never been to a party like that.

Things have changed a lot. When I was in college a million years ago and I went to a super huge university, I never heard about girls getting raped and stuff they do nowadays.

I was drunk several times at parties and no one ever took advantage of the situation. If people did something sexual, it was off in another room where no one could see.

Why have they not been in the media supporting their daughter at all. Even Cindy and George who also coddled cassy tried in vain to cast Casay as a good mother and say she could not have down this to her child. DT's coddling parents are smart not to stick there neck out right now. It's one thing to Coddle and spoil your child but not to do so now is very telling

RUMOR They spend yrs talking care of DT and the kids... thus the house.. and time to take care of your own family.. I think they are there for the kids as they have always been... but they wanted a life too.. I feel so bad for them

I actually got that feeling also, that they had been supporting and cleaning up messes for a long time - wishing things would settle down . . . that's one idea that came to my mind when watching the father listen to DT, weighing what he could trust -- but those were only my thoughts.

Does DT have any siblings?

Did you already look at friends on cp's ms page? I can't recall whose pics you already looked at or what the description of the guy was.

not him.. and i looked at dt's page before it was private,, nada.. but thanks for input

My kids are about DT's age and 2 of them have children. I would be very depressed as a parent if I saw my girls doing what DT was doing and I would be depressed if my son was doing what the guy was doing.

Things have changed a lot. When I was in college a million years ago and I went to a super huge university, I never heard about girls getting raped and stuff they do nowadays.

I was drunk several times at parties and no one ever took advantage of the situation. If people did something sexual, it was off in another room where no one could see.

It's just a difference of perspective. It strikes me as not that bad, to others, possibly shocking and repulsive.

I do fully agree that they should never have been posted online. Most of my "adult party" pictures are in a lockbox under my bed...I may pull them out and look at them, and laugh at the person I was when I still had time for parties, but they would never go public. Not because they show actual sexual activity, but some things that might be considered psuedo sexual, and I wouldn't want my kids to see that.
I would be ashamed for my children to see it, but not ashamed of my behavior since I was an adult, if that makes sense.

Can someone please share pics with me Please??? I'm just trying to catch up since Turkey Day. Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday :D!! TIA :)

I hope you had a great one too!

Went on BF, 5:00am. Big mistake.

Long lines everywhere, cold as heck, parking a nightmare, rude people, you name it.

About the people... seems everybody woke up, and headed to the stores without bothering to take a bath or brush their teeth. The stores rank of a drunk's pad, with a mildewed basement.

I didn't get all I wanted to get. Mostly to avoid lines... not worth it.

But, all in all I got a few good bargains.

:)

Description of man I am lookin for... thin, maybe late 20's early 30's. Short brn hair, kinda scruffy lookin... tight wrangler jeans, t shirt at burial service, and at "visitation".

outside church, before burial, he was getting in family car and told us there wasnt enough room for him so ST offered him to ride in our van. At the burial there was some unpleasantness (post back there somewhere) and he was asked for his pass... by DT's uncle, he then went to back of tent where LE was and I never saw him again...

I never met PC, I moved away from the Thompsons in 2002, I pretty much decided to end all talks with DT after she was hospitalized for "something very serious"...That was where I drew the line...I couldn't be a part of her drama anymore.....yet here we are, unbelievable.
I never got a thank you note...but never really expected one either.

And as for the aunt and DT....I can't remember the aunts name, but I really felt bad for her....I bet SHE could tell some interesting stories!

I'm trying really hard to sit on my hands and let this partly cryptic comment ride but the idea of DT being hospitalized for "something very serious" is driving me almost around the bend.

Care to elaborate - like a good (former) neighbour - LOL - even if it's with additional cryptic hints?

:waitasec:

PS do you happen to smoke? :)

o/t
No pictures, but I hope you had a great one too!

Went on BF, 5:00am. Big mistake.

Long lines everywhere, cold as heck, parking a nightmare, rude people, you name it.

About the people... seems everybody woke up, and headed to the stores without bothering to take a bath or brush their teeth. The stores rank of a drunk's pad, or mildewed basement.

I didn't get all I wanted to get. Mostly to avoid lines... not worth it.

But, all in all I got a few good bargains.

:)

Did you see me? (just kidding... I brushed my teeth)

Description of man I am lookin for... thin, maybe late 20's early 30's. Short brn hair, kinda scruffy lookin... tight wrangler jeans, t shirt at burial service, and at "visitation".

outside church, before burial, he was getting in family car and told us there wasnt enough room for him so ST offered him to ride in our van. At the burial there was some unpleasantness (post back there somewhere) and he was asked for his pass... by DT's uncle, he then went to back of tent where LE was and I never saw him again...

:waitasec:

Maybe he was a plant by LE.....You know like that lady they had befriend Misty.....to try to get her to talk?!??!

Maybe they put him there to snoop & dig.....lol

Not passing judgment on the party games (gives a whole new meaning to "pin the tail on the donkey", doesn't it?), but the halloween party brag book posted online for all the world to see, including DT's kids, (and I am passing judgment on that), makes me really wonder about the home environment.

All of the above, MOO.

I dont think the pics are a big red flag but I think the fact there are so many flags is the bigger picture. From the first interview to the last and everything she has says and does the flags are everywhere. When she said she feels guilty having fun a few weeks after her daughters death that was a big big flag. Who could heal that fast from such a tragedy .. I dont think you will find anyone except cassy A who healed that fast

O/T
Does anyone else ever look at the page waiting for a post and realize there is a new page?
utoh... showin my pea brain again?

You probably were never at a party like that because your idea of a good time isn't what was going on in those pictures.

I am really not a prude at all -- but I just have never thought that kind of thing was funny - and it always amazes me when friends that I thought i knew well laugh at that kind of stuff.

I don't get it - I don't think contrived sexual jokes are funny (and some of my friends roar!) It must be me --

I also never liked the Three Stooges - never thought it was funny when someone fell down -- but to some people it's hilarious! Huh?

I dont think the pics are a big red flag but I think the fact there are so many flags is the bigger picture. From the first interview to the last and everything she has says and does the flags are everywhere. When she said she feels guilty having fun a few weeks after her daughters death that was a big big flag. Who could heal that fast from such a tragedy .. I dont think you will find anyone except cassy A who healed that fast

But, if she still feels guilty for having fun, then she is far from healed.
MOO.
And yes, there are a lot of little flags. Sometimes that adds up to a bigger flag, sometimes it is just a bunch of little flags. I don't know which in this case.

Ok, please can anyone help me firgure out who the guy was at the funeral? He gave me the creeps so bad... remember the "tight wrangler jeans guy"? Maybe his name was not CHris, but he knew of him (cp) and just said that.. do you think LE would tell me if I called about him?.. ST said he called and not to worry about him.. but it wont leave me alone.. and ST has more faith in their truths (because he just has to) than I am.

Can you describe his hair again sad? TIA.

But, if she still feels guilty for having fun, then she is far from healed.
MOO.
And yes, there are a lot of little flags. Sometimes that adds up to a bigger flag, sometimes it is just a bunch of little flags. I don't know which in this case.

Well I guess there our two kinds of people then
Those who would feel guilty for having fun after a few weeks
and those who could't even think of having fun so soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads