FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with sleuthing someone who might have a connection to the case however I know from experience that posting information such as addresses, phone numbers etc is not allowed; even if it is in the public domain. This was why I suggested the families home address be removed from an earlier post.

I would hate to see someone's life ruined because suspicion was put out there without any evidence of guilt.

Maz

:cow:

Sometimes guilt is a continuance of past history. Very early on in this case I did a background check and a criminal background check on the name Sean P. for the entire state of Florida. All I posted was that there were no Sean P's with sexual offenses or crimes that would indicate pedophilia (at least none that he's been caught for). Lots of driving problems and a few other crimes but nothing serious. You need an exact date of birth and proper spelling..and even with that,there are mistakes made. If I had done a search on the spelling (Shawn) the results would have been very different. If this man had a history of sexual or serious criminal offenses, the great research sleuthers on WS would have had his court history before our eyes in 5 minutes. Nothing wrong with searching as long as you know what you are doing. mho

Some info on your suspect. Looks like he might be from Putnam Cnty.
Don't you just love it ?
His sentence for L/L battery of a minor carried a lighter sentence than his 1980 Uttering Forgery conviction.

05/01/2002 L/L BATTERY V 12-15 YO 07/12/2004 DUVAL 0305996 3Y 0M 0D
Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
05/01/2002 L/L BATTERY V 12-15 YO 07/12/2004 DUVAL 0305996 0Y 2M 24D
Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
10/08/1982 12/02/1983
11/06/1984 05/17/1985
07/20/2004 10/26/2005

Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
05/01/2002 L/L BATTERY V 12-15 YO 07/12/2004 DUVAL 0305996 0Y 2M 24D

07/30/1980 UTTERING FORGERY 09/30/1982 PUTNAM 8000785 4Y 0M 0D
05/02/1984 UTTERING FORGERY 10/31/1984 VOLUSIA 8402298 1Y 6M 0D

If I rememer correctly, he's listed as a predator.

his name is sikes..right? how far did he live from Somer?

US department of Justice:Approximately 60% of boys and 80% of girls who are sexually victimized are abused by someone known to the child or the child's family (Lieb, Quinsey, and Berliner, 1998). Relatives, friends, baby-sitters, persons in positions of authority over the child, or persons who supervise children are more likely than strangers to commit a sexual assault.

http://www.csom.org/pubs/mythsfacts.html

I am not saying that it was the boyfriend, but I do think that it was someone that she knew. After reading about the crossing guards, I think that if a complete stranger was to try to snatch her she would have screamed loud enough for someone around her including the crossing guard to hear her. How else would you have got her to get in the car without using noticeable force?

A gun. Carlie Bruscia, Amber Harris, Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Onsby
just to name a few.

Yes, and they mention that frequently
Somer Renee Thompson's father: Birthmark on body found in landfill matches daughter's

Clay County police said landfill searches were "precautionary," not based on tip. Story updated at 7:34 PM on Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2009

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...her_birthmark_on_body_found_in_landfill_match

I just read an article somewhere that said that information about the birthmark matching turned out to be flase. Let me see if I can find it..

I am over 40........errr, ok, over 45, and it's a damn shame that the world we live in now is not like when I was a kid in the 60's.

Where has it all gone wrong? Has it been a subtle change over the years? I know we weren't without crime and abductions, etc., but, Lordy, things have changed drastically.

Stayed out all day playing at neighbors, friends, went to the local park by ourselves, waited til Dad stood on porch and whistled for us to come home for dinner.

Crocus...I'm exactly 45, I ran around all summer with my little brother, and my mom never worried (that we saw), cause we were always home by lunch or supper.

But at the same time, I recall my grandmother talking about a girl who disappeared (around 1930), and no one ever heard from her again (it was "supposed" she ran off from the boy from another state).

I heard of kids disappearing in my area (much younger days)...but they were always found with the "divorcing" parent.

My Grandmother before she passed away, told me this has always happened, but with the new 24/7, now it's a national pasttime.

I do believe she was right, it's always happened, and now we are outraged.

I will continue to ride my bike to/from school with my DD, no matter how much she protest's (I have a cell phone 911 on call).

Here it is:

"Somer, your daddy Sam loves you unconditionally. Stay strong and don't give up the fight or the hope that we're going to be a family again. I love you," he said before authorities revealed they had found the body.

That news was an awful blow to her brother, Holt said. He nearly had a breakdown not long after, when someone claiming to be part of the search team in Florida told him they had positively identified the child as his daughter because of a birthmark. The claim was quickly found to be false after a call to the sheriff, she said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jku48f5fXyywrpAYRzKaZ-jgoEFAD9BFPST80

I just read an article somewhere that said that information about the birthmark matching turned out to be flase. Let me see if I can find it..

So the birthmark didn't match and it's not her?

I can only magine how horrible it would be to be suspected of such a terrible act when you lived with and cared for the child AND were completely innocent. If that is the case, prayers for Mr. Patton to be strong and endure.

I totally agree with you, however, I have not seen anyone on here accuse him of being the perp.

I'm sorry, I don't think the family should be scrutinized here. This is a case in my opinion where a SO is responsible.

The family is truly suffering and I for one will not speculate the family is involved in this one.

IMO

I don't see anyone scrutinizing the family. We are simply stating facts about those surrounding the family members.

I don't think anyone is saying LE should not be looking into the boy friend, of couse THEY.........key word being THEY should. What I am saying is, I feel a line was really crossed by posting all the stuff about him and the mother when there was NOTHING do indicate either of them were involved. IF that comes to light, by all mean, search & expose it all. I had no problems with that being done in the KC or Haleigh case b/c anyone with a lick of sense knew things were rotten in Denmark. The stories made no sense. This case, the story did make sense.

This website is called what? Oh ya, "WebSleuths." We are simply looking at things that people in this case themselves have put the Internet and noting any changes made recently, etc. We aren't "digging up dirt" about anyone. Do I think it's strange that the mom's friend had naughty Halloween pics of the mom on MySpace. No, I really don't. Do I think it is strange that the live-in boyfriend changes his website just today to remove his picture, contact info and change the wording on one page to include adults and not just children? Yes, I do. Do I think that he is the perp? I can't and won't even try to come to that conclusion yet. In the case of Sandra Cantu, no one expected who the real perp was.

Yes, there are many times when things point directly to the family or the "live-in" family being involved and they aren't, but there are also many times when they point away from the family, and well, you know the rest. All I know is the mom was truly genuine in her sadness and fear. I haven't seen the reaction from others in this case yet.

All of us on WS just want justice imo.

Ok I just came in here and have been trying to catch up. I am so sad about all of this.
The thing that caught my eye in reading through the thread to try to catch up was that they searched " her neighborhood trash first". There are a lot of dumpsters and I'm wondering why it wasn't other dumpster's first. Like the bad apartment areas or closer to the SO's ??? I'm becoming more and more suspicious of this being done by someone close to her. Just a feeling I have.

thanks for all the work you do here.

Thank you :blushing: but I do very little compared to most on here.. But I try to help best I can.. I am sure you do a lot also..

Bless all the little children missing and past...

Did the dogs alert to one of the dumpsters that had been emptied?? Sorry just trying to catch up.

Maybe....someone observed someone putting something in a dumpster and it looked suspicious?

Well the family now knows where she is. I know that hurts like something unreal. I hope they solve this case real soon for closure.

Did the dogs alert to one of the dumpsters that had been emptied?? Sorry just trying to catch up.

Not that we know of as yet.. One media click I saw khalu the dog kept scent to the corner.. shoot forgot what corner but was close or half way home for her.. they used other dogs too but would not give results for them.. not till later for the trial if one.. no mention of dumpsters as of yet..

ok I got lucky and found the video easy.. wow

dog video.... http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?mid=1303253181

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members