FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, slap that man upside his head... there is NO good news in this... none, what-so-ever. What an insensitive arse, he is!

I agree with you. It is kinda like saying "but look on the bright side..........."

wiley hodges of crimestoppers on now.. talking about 25k reward and that the character that did this is sick and the tips need to start coming in now

I have hidden in a dumpster as a child and that is why I am wondering if she simply crawled in since she was upset from being teased/yelled at by her sister (can't remember exactly what happened there).

Is there anyway we can find out where the dumpsters/cans are located on her walk home?

At 7yo, I doubt she could crawl into a dumpster (backpack & all) fast enough to escape the children who were walking with her. In my opinion this is the fast work of a pedophile who caught and disposed of his prey without a single thought about who she was. Little Somer was nothing more than an object to this sicko. mho

Unbelievable. Thoughts and prayers are with this beautiful child's family and loved ones. The moments we have with our children are just precious and few.

Her mom may be on the way because that's where she wants to go....not that they asked her to....and I'm hoping that they honestly won't let her anywhere near the actual location.

BUT.....if this was my child I would be in my car and on my way so fast your head would spin....I would be thinking I need to be near my baby....

I know what I was like when my son had an auto accident - I don't even know how I got to the hospital but I guess I drove ....so I can only imagine.

From Savmom:
My own quote brought from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmom [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4321671#post4321671"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
I hate even thinking this but, is it possible she hid in the dumpster & was injured when the trash was crushed?

I'm thinking that we aren't being told how the body was covered...whether with garbage or something else more probative like a blanket or towel.

We'll know soon if this child climbed in the dumpster on her own or was put there by someone else just by the things surrounding the body.
If there is a blanket, a towel, her clothes removed, etc. then someone put that child there.
If there isn't anything with/around the body, I'm hoping ME can quickly determine cause of death to help not only the Mom and Grandma and Dad but to get this case on the fast track, finding out who did this.

I wonder if there is a serial child abductor in FL????? What in the h**l is up with FL & these kids going missing? It just makes me SICK! I cant fathom what her mother is going thru. How tragic that another beautiful lil soul is ripped out of this world.

autopsy in savanah tomorrow..

the body is a female (live first coast)

At 7yo, I doubt she could crawl into a dumpster (backpack & all) fast enough to escape the children who were walking with her. In my opinion this is the fast work of a pedophile who caught and disposed of his prey without a single thought about who she was. Little Somer was nothing more than an object to this sicko. mho

My daughter is 7 and almost identical in build to Somer. She can very easily & quickly climb into a recycling dumpster (industrial sized garbage container).

I'm not saying this is what happened, but the alternative is too horrible to think about.

OMG! Its been confirmed as a female child!

The news just confirmed it is a female body, and the autopsy will be conducted in Savannah.

FBI is at the crime scene too.

Prayers, prayers, prayers for her family.

Watching her mother this morning broke my heart.

(And that idiot on The Today Show with the smile on her face asking, "just in case" she's still out there, what did the mother want to say ... my husband and I were furious.)

LE:

325 pm came upon body while sifting thru trash

started sifting around 2

scene description: pretty large area.. all the trash in clay county

any items? haven't even begun search for evidence

right now area is just contained... some of the hurdles are "in other jurisdictions" meaning who is processing the scene

has no idea who this person is at this time

(fc live)

Her mom may be on the way because that's where she wants to go....not that they asked her to....and I'm hoping that they honestly won't let her anywhere near the actual location.

BUT.....if this was my child I would be in my car and on my way so fast your head would spin....I would be thinking I need to be near my baby....

I know what I was like when my son had an auto accident - I don't even know how I got to the hospital but I guess I drove ....so I can only imagine.

I agree with you that is what I was thinking! She might WANT to go there to see for herself that its Somer and not some other child. I feel so bad for Somer's family. :(

OMG I Just read the news when I signed on to AOL, Tragic , Just tragic My prayers going out to Beautiful Somer and he faimly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici