FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the video of the simulation of her walk home? Its nothing like what we are hearing now. I am so confused I dont know what to believe. Did she walk down grove park with friend? or get to debarry with sibs? I never thought she made it that far. And NO, there really isnt anywhere on this route that a car could have pulled over and grabbed her unwillingly without anyone noticing. Not after the park. I cant get the video to work for where the dogs last had her scent. I just cant get my mind around her catching up to her sibs... Debarry guard didnt see her. Grrrr.. sorry everyone I just am lost now, am I the only one confused? The stories just dont jive to me.

Thanks. That's the only possibility, maybe....but where is the little girl when Somer stops at the Gano house???????

Maybe MC is still ahead of Somer - so Somer didn't catch-up to her until AFTER passing by 1080 Gano???

Tara this case has me going crazy to. I wish we could interview these children. Darn..I dont really reply here but always try to follow all of you. Everyone one has done such good sleuthing its unbelievable. I just wish LE would say something...One little clue.

Oh I was looking at all my favorites today and found this article dated Sept. Read the story first then look at the 2nd video on the right. The 1st video is very short and its repeated on the 2nd one.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crimestoppers/news-article.aspx?storyid=119690&catid=69

Maybe MC is still ahead of Somer - so Somer didn't catch-up to her until AFTER passing by 1080 Gano???

I'm not saying anything about your posts or theories. I am just trying to figure out this little girl walking with her.

Remember, LE tells Kyle that he is the last KNOWN person to see her alive. So, the little girl can't be after Gano, right???????

Can you figure it out? I can't.

you know what I find so odd...while watching the very first presser that Sheriff did with DT....DT was asked what she thinks happened, and she very clearly states that she believes that Somer was taken by someone.....she had no problem saying this.....then a min later, when the Sheriff was asked what he thinks happened, he says the exact same thing and DT just starts sobbing....I just found that odd.....MO

Never saw it! Wow is that interesting! When I can't remember a name, I go in my mind A, B, C, but it's harder with a screen name than a real name as there is no reference to reality, like names that start with M-Mary, Mindy, etc.

Can you look in your history and see where you searched? I don't know how far back a history goes. Maybe some other poster like Noway who is really computer savvy has some ideas for you.

I hope you can find it!!!

Yeah - i'm currently looking still but i think i originally found it while on my MAC and i can't find my history files like i can on my PC... ugh.. plus i have alot of private browsing settings set on my browser on this mac. my history only goes back to thanksgiving and this was before that. i just know it. but i'm going through other articles and looking at comment authors hoping one will hit me.. usually i bookmark things, and for some reason i didn't bookmark this article. and i remember when i read it, it was on some weird thing like san diego tribune thing - which didn't make sense to me. but i remember that. but this was posted early on - prob first week Somer was found - by a neighbor and it sounded legit. she said something about a dumpster that was not at Gano and had yellow tape around it i think - or at least was known to the community as "it". i dunno - i'm going bonkers now until i refind it..

Does anyone remember the video of the simulation of her walk home? Its nothing like what we are hearing now. I am so confused I dont know what to believe. Did she walk down grove park with friend? or get to debarry with sibs? I never thought she made it that far. And NO, there really isnt anywhere on this route that a car could have pulled over and grabbed her unwillingly without anyone noticing. Not after the park. I cant get the video to work for where the dogs last had her scent. I just cant get my mind around her catching up to her sibs... Debarry guard didnt see her. Grrrr.. sorry everyone I just am lost now, am I the only one confused? The stories just dont jive to me.

When the crossing guard didnt see her I thought that was strange. We need Greta back. She use to do this for us.

I did drive by Horton today....no cars home....just thought I would share....it was raining bad out, so did not look at other areas....

I was however shopping at K-Mart and as I was pulling in a big bright yellow some kind of SUV was pulling out...on the back window was a decal that read in memory of Somer T. the year of birth and death....again it was raining so I could not see who was inside of it....

My biggest question.... is anything on the MPR correct, other than somer was missing?

I was however shopping at K-Mart and as I was pulling in a big bright yellow some kind of SUV was pulling out...on the back window was a decal that read in memory of Somer T. the year of birth and death....again it was raining so I could not see who was inside of it....

Did you follow to see if they smoked salems?:croc:

Refresher for myself and anyone else who would like:

Link to Crossing Guard Video

As per video:

- 1st crossing guard - at miller & gano ave - just steps away from Somers school - this crossing guard isn't sure if they saw Somer.

- 2nd crossing guard - almost half mile down at gano & grove park - this crossing guard also isn't sure if he saw Somer.

- While the first 2 aren't sure - the 3rd at Debarry and Gano Ave - this crossing guard is positive that she didn't see Somer cross that intersection Monday afternoon.

- LE confirms the 3rd guard is positive she did not see Somer.

as for soot being on the ground....didn't this fire happen like last May or June?? I would think the soot would be gone from the ground by now with winds and rain? no?

As Human pointed out,
"So she runs from her sibs, disappears, is seen alone by the tanks..."
But we don't know WHERE by the tanks, do we? I know they are fenced, but I don't believe we ever heard if she was on the grass beside them, behind them, or still on the sidewalk.
Seems to me that if she were still on the sidewalk she would have been seen by more than just this one little boy.
She could already been off of the beaten path by that time, no?

Hope it stops raining so I can do a decent video. But I am so perplexed now... and as soon as we talk about or link comments and videos they seem to disappear.

Refresher for myself and anyone else who would like:

Link to Crossing Guard Video

As per video:

- 1st crossing guard - at miller & gano ave - just steps away from Somers school crossing guard isn't sure if they saw Somer.

- 2nd crossing guard - almost half mile down at gano & grove park - this crossing guard also isn't sure if he saw Somer.

- While the first 2 aren't sure - the 3rd at Debarry and Gano Ave is positive that she didn't see somer cross that intersection Monday afternoon.

- LE confirms the 3rd guard is positive she did not see Somer.
the second guard told me and my son that Somer did NOT make it up to him....don't know if you can call that "fact" since LE didn't say it...but it is what he told us...

If Somer was in that grass, it could explain soot.

We used to heat with propane. There is no soot. It's a gas and the combustion takes place in a furnace far away from the propane tank.

as for soot being on the ground....didn't this fire happen like last May or June?? I would think the soot would be gone from the ground by now with winds and rain? no?

I think there would be plenty of soot in the house still. Or if she was hidden in the construction dumpster until later. Or if she was rolled up in a carpet or tarp from that house, it would have soot on it.

I don't think the perp felt in anyway that she would be found. I think the perp was totally comfortable with the dumpster and the garbage being taken in the AM.

Yeah - i'm currently looking still but i think i originally found it while on my MAC and i can't find my history files like i can on my PC... ugh.. plus i have alot of private browsing settings set on my browser on this mac. my history only goes back to thanksgiving and this was before that. i just know it. but i'm going through other articles and looking at comment authors hoping one will hit me.. usually i bookmark things, and for some reason i didn't bookmark this article. and i remember when i read it, it was on some weird thing like san diego tribune thing - which didn't make sense to me. but i remember that. but this was posted early on - prob first week Somer was found - by a neighbor and it sounded legit. she said something about a dumpster that was not at Gano and had yellow tape around it i think - or at least was known to the community as "it". i dunno - i'm going bonkers now until i refind it..

Not caught up so don't know if it was suggested. Could it have been the San Francisco Examiner? They had a lot of stories on this.

Also, can't imagine LE TELLING the neighbor unless....
hmmm, won't go there.

But, I did find what I think was an out of the way dumpster. Has anyone taken a look at the ones at OP Jr. High? Pretty secluded back there after hours, I bet.

ETA: If that were the case, could pencil sharpening dust be what was mistaken for soot? Or am I creeping too far off the ledge?

Tara this case has me going crazy to. I wish we could interview these children. Darn..I dont really reply here but always try to follow all of you. Everyone one has done such good sleuthing its unbelievable. I just wish LE would say something...One little clue.

Oh I was looking at all my favorites today and found this article dated Sept. Read the story first then look at the 2nd video on the right. The 1st video is very short and its repeated on the 2nd one.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crimestoppers/news-article.aspx?storyid=119690&catid=69

VERY interesting read, I wish I could play the flippin video's though....yeah it's maddening when nothing seems to play. Is it just my lucky day? I will try and try again.....I did check the location of that school Timucuan Elementary is 7.1 miles by car – about 16 mins - from Somer's school.

THAT's A LOT of attempted abductions - seems THERE WERE STRANGER DANGER NOTICES being put out to the public before Somer disappeared :(

Not caught up so don't know if it was suggested. Could it have been the San Francisco Examiner? They had a lot of stories on this.

Also, can't imagine LE TELLING the neighbor unless....
hmmm, won't go there.

But, I did find what I think was an out of the way dumpster. Has anyone taken a look at the ones at OP Jr. High? Pretty secluded back there after hours, I bet.

The only thing about a school dumpster is that custodians probably get there really early in the AM. I don't know if I would be sure no one would go to the dumpster to dump something in there . Though where I live, the custodians clean at night.

I think they keep the garbage in the school at night and dump in the AM, but I really don't know.

Lunch garbage probably goes in after lunch. Then cleaning garbage from cleaning classrooms-do they dump it at night? Maybe, and then the likelhood of putting something in the AM is slim, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txstar