FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont blame anyone for celebrating his being charged. It is a wonderful thing. I am happy he cant hurt anyone else. But the thoughts of what she went through make me so sick.

Thanks to all of you for hanging in here...

That is the most difficult and upsetting thought in all of this, i like to think Somer's guardian angels were with her in those dreadful moments. It is very upsetting for everyone, even though most of us didn't personally know this beautiful little girl, yet i think a lot of us are parents. This is a time for all the outpourings of Love for Somer's family, when there is that wonderful sense of community.

Me either. I just went through a few pix at the link below, which were of the search at 1152 but no canine pix that I saw.

Gallery

Okay, but i guess the fact it was mentioned says something, or i don't think it would have been.

Beseler mentioned waiting for results from the lab to make their move.

During a press conference at the same church where Somer's memorial service was held, Beseler said detectives used DNA evidence, witnesses and statements from Harrell to solve the case.
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/26/1838131/man-charged-in-death-of-fla-girl.html

He said a DNA sample led to a "tedious process of analysis." He said Harrell made admissions that, coupled with DNA and other evidence, led to the charges.
http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-03-26/harrell-charged-somer-thompsons-murder

I'm not on my laptop, and that is where the majority of my links are. I am not sure whether I can access them from here, but I'll try. I know I can't access these ones from my laptop.

Good nite all

Yes, it was a good day....

Bless all of you.

Sam sends his thanks for all your support...

O/T

How are ya doc?

Good Sadnpod, just going through some old videos and articles.

I bet it is bittter/sweet for the family. Glad they got him but the nightmare is right back in their faces.

Anyway, I left the Somer boards looooooong ago because I didn't like the tone of some posts about the family, and since people have a right to their opinions I chose to just back away because I knew eventually the truth would come out, and I'm glad to see that this creep is off the street.

Thank goodness they caught this person with lots of evidence. It would be horrible to be a little child, snatched or lured off the street, then the murderer never be caught or not enough to charge him.

Can anyone remind me of the name of the woman on WS who saw the visions of the puppy, etc? I'd like to re-read her posts but can't remember the name (apologies!).

ORANGE PARK — A 24-year-old unemployed restaurant worker was charged today with murder in the slaying of a 7-year-old Florida girl whose body was found in a Georgia landfill after she disappeared walking home from school, authorities said.

Jarred Mitchell Harrell was charged in the death of Somer Thompson, who went missing Oct. 19. Her lifeless legs were discovered two days later in a landfill about 50 miles from Orange Park.

Diena Thompson called Harrell a "monster'' during an afternoon news conference.

Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said detectives used DNA evidence, witnesses and statements from Harrell himself to solve the case.

more at the link: Video of presser at top of article
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...murder-charges-filed-20100326,0,4002000.story

Mom to Somer's accused killer: 'We got you'
Reported by: Cary Williams
Email: cwilliams@abcactionnews.com
Last Update: 3/26 10:59 pm

CLAY COUNTY, FL -- Clay County authorities have charged a man currently in custody with the October 2009 murder of 7-year-old Somer Thompson.

The girl was abducted on her way home from school last October. She was murdered and her body dumped in a Georgia landfill.

Jarred Harrell,a 24-year-old unemployed resturaunt worker, has been charged with the crime.

At a Friday afternoon news conference, Somer's mom, Diena Thompson, said, "We got you and you're not getting away." Thompson also said she supports the death penalty for the man charged in her daughter's death.

more at the link:
http://www.abcactionnews.com/conten...e-got-you/kMSU6MZTJ0qXRUY3TcAIuw.cspx?rss=794

so, is he going to be in court today? (and also a bump back to the top)

so, is he going to be in court today? (and also a bump back to the top)

I don't think so. He already appeared yesterday afternoon.
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...omer-thompson-dna-admissions-led-charges-clay
"Harrell appeared Friday before Circuit Judge William Wilkes on charges of premeditated murder, sexual battery and lewd and lascivious battery on a minor. He hung his head when Wilkes advised him of the murder charge but said little during the three-minute hearing. He remains in jail without bail.
Assistant Public Defender Quentin Till said he doesn't believe Harrell can get a fair trial in Clay because of the publicity. He said his office will likely seek a change of venue."

And per the Sheriff's Office jail info
Name: HARRELL, JARRED MITCHELL

Date of Birth: 7/24/1985

Race / Sex: W / M
Arrest Date: 2/23/2010
Release Date:
Next Court Date: 4/8/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online