FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see how this could have happened without SOMEONE seeing SOMETHING. The time line is too short. I am wondering wouldn't there have been other children who were ahead of the group Somer ran around, or did she go past ALL the children who were walking home from school that day then ran up to that house and just disappeared from there after telling this guy Kyle that they were doing a good job on the house (which I don't believe happened at all, but that's what he told a reporter)? I haven't heard about police questioning him and asking which way she went from there, which I find very strange.

I think by the amount of time spent by police searching that abandoned house that it has to be the crime scene. She must have gone inside that house since in front of it was the last place anyone saw her. It would seem that inside that house is where the murder took place. Whoever was in that house had to be the perp, don't you think? It seems that if someone snatched her and carried her into that house, some of the kids would have seen that. She wasn't out of sight of some of the kids when she was in front of that house.

Can someone give a link to the police report?

TIA!

So did the kids know that SP would be there that day when they got home?

If not - that's weird. If I was them I'd feel uneasy till I heard from Mom that it was OK for him to be there.

Mom did say Somer felt sick that morning.

Could SP's presence have something to do with that?

Even for alibi situation how would anyone be able to predict the squabble at school, and then getting into it with the sister on the way home-- hence taking off ahead of them. Seems the Mother and SP would have to know this was going to happen, and I can't see that.

I can see Somer racing home ahead of everyone, however that is not her track record, but it could have very well happened. She could have arrived way sooner than SP thought and she caught him doing something.
He then could have silenced her and had her hidden in the home-- easy to get her to his car hidden since he sent the other children back out TWICE and the second time telling them to look real GOOD.

In a panic he could have dumped her in the trash dumpster later when he was cleared by speaking with police, and the search efforts. He would have been front and center to know what they were doing and the search plans.

I haven't seen him at any of the vigils either.

Maybe the squabble never happened, or if it did, it's a smokescreen. If you take out the kids version of things, the whole time frame becomes a lot more flexible and realistic. And if SP isn't telling the truth, they had a few hours.

For us Vets that do this stuff all the time. Ask yourself if your neighbors child went missing, we would offer to protect privacy or no???? IDK - just playing devils advocate

I think that would actually contradict your intended point, though. It took 31 days for anyone to call regarding Caylee. And that was CA! The child's grandmother didn't see her for that long and never pushed KC hard on it. Neighbors never came forward. The dooky didn't hit the fan until after KC was brought up on charges. Then we got AH's check fraud investigation, etc. It was after the fact.

I don't think Diena has anything to do with it, but I think the Caylee case proved exactly how myopic and hesitant people are to get involved in other people's business.

THEN, why not the ADULT go looking and tell the kids to stay inside and look the doors!!
Don't forget that this was allegedly the first time Sean had been asked to wait for the kids to get home, so he wouldn't have had a clue where to look. When I mapquested his address, he lives about 22 miles away-I think mapquest said something like 32 minutes. So, this would not have been his stomping grounds, so to speak.
And, unfortunately, I think he and everyone else considered this a 'safe' neighborhood.
Alas, no more.

This question may have been answered previously. If so, just tell me and I will look for it myself.
Who owns the burned out house on Gano? Where are they?
I believe I do remember someone posting that the persons who owned the house worked in the Clothes Closet across the street.
Thanks,

I'm finally all caught up. I have to admit I am torn on the BSU "post n run" incident. On one hand I think the screen name says it all, AS IN "come on, I wouldn't BS you". On the other hand I would love to believe that we don't have an really sick SO on the loose. IDK, need more info. Sorry, I've been sitting on my hands all day waiting to catch up. I had to type something :)

It is ODD when a person does 1 post and runs.........had that happen on Haleigh's thread also.
Wonder if it is a TIP/ENEMY/FRIEND/

House Searched Where Somer Last Seen

Anna Braddy, whose daughter Kayla is best friends with Somer, said she took Somer to school the day the 7-year-old disappeared. Braddy said it was a normal morning and Somer was her usual self.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21389523/detail.html

In case some missed this with posts going so fast.

Thank you for posting that. A few things I find interesting about that article:
Beseler said Dumpsters in the area are emptied on Tuesdays, and that particular garbage investigators were searching was dropped off Tuesday afternoon

One of the members here did check that gated garbage area in The Grove Condo's and did say there were small dumpsters in there. Makes me REALLY think that could be place she was put.

NEXT:

In announcing the tentative identification before dawn on Thursday, Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler urged people to be careful until they find who killed Somer.

"There is a child killer on the loose, and we're not going to rest until we catch this person and bring him to justice," Beseler said.

I just don't see this as someone in the family they have their sights on. Sorry. Sounds like a maniac and that possibly of a serial pedophile like John Walsh suggested. JMHO

I just don't see how this could have happened without SOMEONE seeing SOMETHING.

Or hearing it for that matter.

New1 said:
I think by the amount of time spent by police searching that abandoned house that it has to be the crime scene.

I think I am the only that disagrees with this. According to HLN there was more than one person working on that house on the day that Somer went missing. Unless everyone who was there that day is covering the butt of the person who did this then I don't see how it could be possible. Someone would have had to see or hear something. As you said there were kids walking all through there. The comment that was made on JVM the other night about LE not releasing cause of death because of the crime being so heinous makes me think that whatever happened to her was BAD. You also have the fact that LE has advised Diena to not look at Somer's remains. Knowing those two thinks makes me think that there is most likely a really gruesome crime scene that is yet to be found. I don't understand how someone could have killed her there and not one person hear a single thing. I mean there were tons of people out searching that night & LE had searched that area the very first night. IDK that is just my opinion.

I think that would actually contradict your intended point, though. It took 31 days for anyone to call regarding Caylee. And that was CA! The child's grandmother didn't see her for that long and never pushed KC hard on it. Neighbors never came forward. The dooky didn't hit the fan until after KC was brought up on charges. Then we got AH's check fraud investigation, etc. It was after the fact.

I don't think Diena has anything to do with it, but I think the Caylee case proved exactly how myopic and hesitant people are to get involved in other people's bidness.

OKay, I shouldn't have used that as an example. Hmpf, I guess what i am trying to say is this little girl went missing and the entire neighborhood was out. If one of us sluethers were her neighbor would be think to offer help = knowing what goes on in these cases?? Does that sound better or no??? Maybe not it was just a guess anyway.

Alright, I see us disecting every move mom made. Which is fine. But this is the land of Florida and the Caylee Anthony Case - Is it possible a friend or someone woudl know if this turned into something that the press and media would be looking to disect mom???

For us Vets that do this stuff all the time. Ask yourself if your neighbors child went missing, we would offer to protect privacy or no???? IDK - just playing devils advocate

To me, this case is about Somer, not mom. And, I think it's perfectly legitimate to wonder why, on that day, SP was asked to stay at the house til the kids got home. If that is the definition of "disecting", I plead guilty.

Maybe the squabble never happened, or if it did, it's a smokescreen. If you take out the kids version of things, the whole time frame becomes a lot more flexible and realistic. And if SP isn't telling the truth, they had a few hours.

Mom was at work so that leaves SP home alone waiting for the children to arrive home.

What time was Mom home with SP for lunch? And it does seem odd to make a 30min trip home for lunch and 30min back to work with literally zero time left to have lunch. kwim

Is there any way we could get a video thread, a map thread, a SO thread?

It is really difficult to wade through all of this info in these discussion threads...can they be split off from here for quicker reference? Don't mean to be difficult...my mind works like a filing cabinet and I just see all this info in separate threads or files, like the Caylee threads.

Would be great if this perp was caught and we didn't have to worry about seperate threads. I'm happy to start them if folks would like to post to them.

Thanks to all who are providing the links and info and research. Let's hope this killer is caught soon.

Yes, but then why wouldn't mom take it a step further and simply ask him to pick the kids up at school, instead of making them walk that LONG walk??? What say you? :)

Oh, I know the answer to this.

Unless it was pre-arranged, I would not have someone else pick up my kids at dismissal at the elementary school. There is no way in hell they would find my children in the sea of kids!

My own children have walked right past me and gotten on the bus without me noticing when I've gone to pick them up without them expecting it.

Far easier for them to go home the usual way.

Yes, but then why wouldn't mom take it a step further and simply ask him to pick the kids up at school, instead of making them walk that LONG walk??? What say you? :)

Almost what I am thinking too... I have been wondering all along, if she was concerned enough to secure SP to ensure the safe arrival home of the 3 younger kids via bus...why not instruct him to wait AT the bus stop for them and WALK them home?

I have a sinking feeling this case is about to take a turn..

EXACTLY!! This is what I have been wondering all along. To be concerned enough to secure SP to ensure the safe arrival home of the 3 younger kids...why not instruct him to wait AT the bus stop for them?

The children did not take the bus. They were walkers.

Mom was at work so that leaves SP home alone waiting for the children to arrive home.

What time was Mom home with SP for lunch? And it does seem odd to make a 30min trip home for lunch and 30min back to work with literally zero time left to have lunch. kwim

That entire scenario is odd to me. Until we know why events happened that way....on that day....the day Somer disappears....I'll keep asking.

EXACTLY!! This is what I have been wondering all along. To be concerned enough to secure SP to ensure the safe arrival home of the 3 younger kids...why not instruct him to wait AT the bus stop for them?

There is no bus stop. They walk home from school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat