FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he was simply saying they will figure out the case via conventional investigative procedures, 'the old fashion way', meaning foot work, investigators on the street, reviewing of interviews and alibis, security camera videos as well as valuable DNA forensics.

There are a myriad of boards online as you know outside of WS, blogs, local newspaper commentary sections of people voicing their opinions blaming people, pointing fingers.
jinx fifth :)

What?? Dad not listed in the obit.? Is this true?? If so, that is just cruel!

:furious:

I believe he was simply saying they will figure out the case via conventional investigative procedures, 'the old fashion way', meaning foot work, investigators on the street, reviewing of interviews and alibis, security camera videos as well as valuable DNA forensics.

There are a myriad of boards online as you know outside of WS, blogs, local newspaper commentary sections of people voicing their opinions blaming people, pointing fingers.

I agree. He could very well be referring to another site altogether.

However, I always find it humorous that it's all 'voodoo' until something matches up perfectly and then it's 'amazing' or 'coincidental'. Now that I think about it, didn't CA call the lab tests 'voodoo', too? To me, that sort of response always shows a closed mind.

I LOVE our forensic astrologers and think if people took time to go back and see how often they are RIGHT ON TARGET, there would be much less claims of 'voodoo'.

I took it to mean online speculation in general... it is all over the internet on more boards than this one...
I can imagine they have gotten lots of calls/tips from online sleuthing. Moo of course.

You're probably right that they've received lots of calls from online sleuthers...but isn't that what they have ASKED for? :waitasec:

If I am ever in such a horrible position as to be missing a child, I would be eternally grateful that complete strangers are putting in loooooong, dedicated hours trying to a) locate my child and/or b) find the person who took him/her.

Does anyone know if it is okay to post to youtube a news video which offers an embed code? Just curious if offering the embed code means they are okay with public use on other sites.

Anyway, the "Searching for Missing Girl" video at url below contains a brief interview with a neighbor that lends credence to the baby sitter's remarks re Somer not heading directly home after school.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...d/OU0_etHQUUazn2kB7pGFbA.cspx?articleID=34272

(May have to click play on video shown then move mouse to top of video where 3 video icons will show up.....one will be "Searching for Missing Girl")

Regarding the obit and since there was discussion of the oldest son's possible adoption, I thought it was revealing that he was listed as AC, his bio father's last name.
Apparently, he was not adopted. Still wonder where he lives and with whom and did DT pick him up routinely from the park.

Does anyone know if it is okay to post to youtube a news video which offers an embed code? Just curious if offering the embed code means they are okay with public use on other sites.

News website videos "embedded codes" do not work on You Tube. You would have to record it and then upload it to You Tube.

There were several posts last night saying if he had not seen her in 2 years and had not paid child support, they could see why his name was left off.

IMO, I can't!!! He is still her father. No matter what.

That's what I thought but last night there was some discussion on here that DT said over the weekend that she found out the body would not be released in time to have burial today.
Maybe that changed.

Yes, there were definitely reports of her body not being released on time. I guess that they either sped things along or perhaps the initial reports of the delay were just wrong.

That's what I thought but last night there was some discussion on here that DT said over the weekend that she found out the body would not be released in time to have burial today.
Maybe that changed.

From what I have read and heard on the news, there is a private burial scheduled for this afternoon and a private reception following.

I'm glad she will be laid to rest today.

I don't mean for this to sound insensitive, but are any of the local news stations going to televise the memorial?

They're going to release balloons at the end of the funeral service. Walgreens is giving away free balloons.

fran

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...-rest-today/7v7vE2R7ZUCeJJXq9CtwdA.cspx?rss=1

Somer Thompson to be laid to rest today

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Family and friends will join together today to say good-bye to Somer Thompson. Her funeral service is scheduled to start at 11 a.m.

The funeral service is at First Baptist Church in Orange Park.

Traffic is expected to be bad. If you are heading to the memorial service, you are asked to either walk or carpool.

After the service, family and friends will release purple balloons into the air.

Then there will be a procession to Jax Memory Gardens on Blanding Boulevard. Traffic will be stopped between Kingsley and Blanding for the procession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member