FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why no one called 911 first?
also in report (MPR) says a BLACK BOOKBAG.............nothinga about it being a Hanna Montana

I don't know why they didn't ... except that she had a pattern of doing this.

The backpack had at one point been IDd as having skulls and hearts on it, then later I saw media reports that it was a Hannah Montana one.

I figured she is like my friend's 7 yo daughter and has multiple (5 that I can think of) backpacks.

Police said Somer was likely hit with a back pack (by sibling is the way I understood it) and then ran away. This would also explain brother's anger (at himself); imagine if the last interaction you had with your sister was a typical childhood fight, you hit her with your back pack, she runs away and next thing you know she's dead. I'd punch walls, too.

But the 13yr old was not stated as walking home with the children...?

Police said Somer was likely hit with a back pack (by sibling is the way I understood it) and then ran away. This would also explain brother's anger (at himself); imagine if the last interaction you had with your sister was a typical childhood fight, you hit her with your back pack, she runs away and next thing you know she's dead. I'd punch walls, too.

The brother who was punching walls was not there on the walk home. And I believe that Somer was the one who hit someone with a packback - could be wrong but for 4 threads it has been reported that way.

What if someone had been molesting her and she was about to tell? Someone may have looked for an opportunity to get rid of her before it happened.

How long is it?

Or is it JUST ME????

Wasn't it much longer with a bigger blank spot in the middle.....

I swear, that video has been HUGELY edited since yesterday morning!

WAIT< someone here has a photobucket with all the videos!!!

There was a construction crew working there, not sure that teens could actually hang out...

I seem to recall an interview with the brother of RSO Vinson, who stated that as per his workers, they frequently found beer cans, etc in the house when they were working on 1080 Gano. But if we rely on this info, that was two months ago.

We see new windows and such in the house now so I assume that though it once may have provided easy access to teens for a hang out, once the windows had been replaced I'd think it would be locked up pretty securely to prevent vandalism.

Its the 13 year old who was punching walls, not the twin brother walking home with her.

That is my understanding.

In the video called, "Diena Thompson Talks About Grief, Anger and Determination" ( http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html ),
Diena says:

"I flagged down an officer as soon as I got off work,
and my son was already down there looking", (she scratches herself above her chest and gives a strange expression at this moment), "and we went into the parking lot of OPAA, which, just, str- " (she gives another odd, confused expression here and video cuts off to show black screen, with no sound, for several seconds after that first syllable of that last word).

Why didn't she call the police FROM work, or when she got home?!

I finally have my theory hammered out. Did it take me long enough? Lol.

Somer leaves school with her siblings, probably already upset about the fight that she had earlier. Her sibs bring up the fight, probably in terms of "You are going to be in so much trouble." She lashes out, swatting one of them with her backpack, and then runs. She looks for a place to hide, probably just for a little while and makes a detour into the bathroom. She knows that her sister might look for her, so she hides in the men's bathroom, thinking she won't look there. After her sibs go past, she starts to have the common fantasy that every kid has...what if I were big enough to live by myself? What if I didn't have to go home at all?
She walks over, talks to the guy working on the house, maybe intending to ask him when they'll be done, trying to act adult, so she tells them she thinks they are doing a good job. Probably loses her nerve on asking if a kid can move into a house, or he says something to her about running on home and it spoils her illusion of being an adult. So she leaves.
This is the point that it becomes theory only. Instead of heading home, she goes to see a friend. I believe that this friend is someone known at least in passing to the family, but probably closer than just passing. He is someone that she trusts and has probably run to in the past on her short disappearances. Whether this person is a family friend or one of the RSO's living nearby, I don't know. But I think she went to him. There was no snatch and grab, she simply made a short walk before her siblings came back out looking for her.
Either, she is so upset that he thinks Somer won't notice that there is anything different about the way he is treating her, or he just decides that today is the day to take it from grooming to actual molestation. At this point, he could have accidentally killed her during the act or he could have intentionally killed her afterward.
I don't think he would have dumped her in his own trash, even if he lives in an apartment and has a dumpster. So I would think that he lives in an area that is far enough away from Somer that he wasn't caught right in the heart of search territory, but close enough, on foot, that she could have gotten to the house within 5-10 minutes. Or he has a legitimate reason to leave at a certain time, like for work, and he dumped her in the trunk for a short ride.
Alternate theory being that she tried to hide out behind the burned house on Gano, until she could walk to her "friend", and they found some evidence of her there outside, which spawned the removal of all potential evidence inside.

Prove me wrong.

That is my understanding.

In the video called, "Diena Thompson Talks About Grief, Anger and Determination" ( http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html ),
Diena says:

"I flagged down an officer as soon as I got off work, and my son was already down there looking", (she scratches herself above her chest and gives a strange expression at this moment), "and we went into the parking lot of OPAA, which, just, str- " (she gives another odd, confused expression here and video cuts off to show black screen, with no sound, for several seconds after that first syllable of that last word).
FWIW
I think she's gonna say...."which, just, struck me.......(as odd?) (as something???)

So no takers on "teen hang-out" theory?

I'm leaning towards 2 + young teens......around brother's age but no involvement of brother.....he may have very strong suspicions or a strong belief but I do not believe he was involved.

Don't think DT knows for sure but felt she was using a tone that suggested a youth when she said something along the lines of "....I don't care if you don't have a record" when I listened to that press conference last week.

I think it's odd that the mom would leave work at 4:10 plus call her boyfriend to start looking if Somer had dilly dallied before. Someone mentioned before that there was no mention of having called all the little friends' homes or even going to their homes before freaking out. Also, since it hasn't been mentioned exactly what time middle school gets out, there might not have been time for an older kid to have done anything since the family and kids were already looking. I don't know what time fla. middle schools get out but ours don't until 4:00 then there's after school detention and sports going on. Someone would have seen something.

I'm just not feeling it...the sibling thing. I do believe however, that something was possibly going on with the older son and SP could have been helping him. Maybe they wanted no negative attention on that issue and that's why he changed his website. With Diena being a single mom she may have relied heavily on her oldest son for support, to help out, etc. So it makes some sense to me he was the 1st one she went to, to get him to help look for Somer. I'm not sure she planned to pick him up before this incident unraveled, but instead went to him 1st to help. If it's the kid, they would have his DNA...it would be at least partially a match to Somer's since they have the same mom. LE would know that from the get go, wouldn't they? Would would they drag this on and on??? Why would they keep interviewing RSOs??? How would the kid have gotten any evidence in the vacant house? It just doesn't seem logical that it's the kid to me.

Shoot, who is the user here with that photobucket account with all the news videos? It is even in their siggie!!!

Hadn't heard that......."re-interviewing" is usually cop talk for "we are interviewing a POI", but not always.

I do not think they went in a circle. If I can see this stuff watching videos, they already know much, much more and have known for a while, regardless of what Mr. Walsh says.

So..BSU, you don't think a RSO or serial child rapist from the past are either involved since this is what Walsh said?

Why didn't she call the police FROM work, or when she got home?!

This is my opinion only.

Somer had a habit of "disappearing" so to me it makes sense to check places she might be likely to go.

Once that was done, and she wasn't found, things would start to get scary and they'd call LE.

Since Diena saw police car, she flagged him down.

NOW however ... and hindsight is like that ... it makes more sense to call LE from the get-go. And let the chips (if it turns out to be nothing) fall where they may.

I think it's odd that the mom would leave work at 4:10 plus call her boyfriend to start looking if Somer had dilly dallied before. Someone mentioned before that there was no mention of having called all the little friends' homes or even going to their homes before freaking out.

Unless this friend who she asked to stay there until the children got home was not someone she really trusted........she just may not have had any other choice that day???

Any locals know what time the trash collection ends for the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland