FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
not necessarily...she made those statements at a time when all she knew was that Somer's body was found in the landfill. She stated the police gave her no information. Who's to say it wasnt a hit and run and someone got scared and threw the body in the dumpster? Or she hid in a dumpster and got taken with the truck.

She was being realistic.

Gosh, I wish Nancy would get an FBI person for some commentary on Somer's case. Maybe they should call up BSU for an opinion!
It's the BAU now ~ and we definitely need someone from "Criminal Minds" on this case!! ;)

Hold on the guy on Nancy just said that Somer's killer tried to dispose of her by putting her in a landfill - does that mean directly? Are the garbage trucks the red herring?????

or bad reporting???

I wrote this out earlier today, but I think there is a definite possibility she was unrecognizable by facial features. Meaning possibly her skull was crushed (with a cinder block, for example) and/ or she suffered blunt force trauma to the face and head.

Unrecognizable is just horrid to think about.IMO it cant be good, my worst thought at first was she was crushed in the garbage truck(sorry all) but I hope it wasn't worse and caused by the perp.

I agree 100%. Many people seem to have trouble believing that Somer disappeared that fast and no one saw it. The Elizabeth Smart and Jessica Lunsford abductions right from their beds were also hard for some to swallow but it happened. The same suspicions would have surfaced had Carlie Brucias abduction not have been caught on video. The Groene case looked to be a drug related motive. Lets face it even when the victims and families have spotless criminal records people still speculate about those immediately surrounding them. LE knows if there was a sexual assault and the COD. By all indications LE seems to think this is a child sexual predator.

I haven't read or heard where LE has called this a child sexual predator. If they did state that as a fact, well then we have no reason to look anywhere except back to the RSO's or a monster that is new in the business and this is his first murder and he is not registered at all. kwim?

I think it's odd that the mom would leave work at 4:10 plus call her boyfriend to start looking if Somer had dilly dallied before. Someone mentioned before that there was no mention of having called all the little friends' homes or even going to their homes before freaking out. Also, since it hasn't been mentioned exactly what time middle school gets out, there might not have been time for an older kid to have done anything since the family and kids were already looking. I don't know what time fla. middle schools get out but ours don't until 4:00 then there's after school detention and sports going on. Someone would have seen something.

Plus Somer went to school not feeling well, yet Mom was able to have a lunch date at the house and the house guest stayed to meet the kids.

Sorry if I missed your posts!! I guess what is still YANKING at me - is how would a birthmark still be visable on a body after all those days in the garbage??? What about decomposition?????

Guess what, my question was just answered on Nancy - there is a shock. Person said the first 48 hours of decompostion is internally. LOL - course it wasn't Nancy herself who answered that.

SOMER was found in 1.5 days IIRC
her little legs were in good enough condition to be ID'd with birthmark.
The legs were sticking out of garbage on truck?

Is it known that AC does not live with Diena? Because what I read (see below) sure makes it seem that he does. This was after Somer was found, so "Somer's twin brother and two of his other children" would IMO include ST, AT, and AC (AT in police report).

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...rthmark_on_body_found_in_landfill_matches_dau

IIRC one of the LE said he just looked and saw 2 little legs.............maybe her legs were not harmed bad???? and IIRC the birthmark is on her leg???
then they did a dental exam...........
If she was also identified by dental records, wouldn't that mean her teeth had to be at least mostly intact? That, imo, would rule out a crushing head injury. :waitasec: MOO

I wrote this out earlier today, but I think there is a definite possibility she was unrecognizable by facial features. Meaning possibly her skull was crushed (with a cinder block, for example) and/ or she suffered blunt force trauma to the face and head.

Also remember (there is no way to say this delicately), landfills are full of wildlife - both insect and mammal.

FAVOR TIME

Please look @ the video from the memorial last night. When DT is walking into the church, notice the boy behind her w/the blonde hair parted in the middle, chin length dressed in black. Is that the same boy as the one in the video today of DT getting out of the car walking as the boy with the dark hair walking behind her? Could the boy last night be AT? And are they the same boy?

Nancy Grace never has her facts straight! She leaves out so much stuff in her reporting and most of the time by the time she reports anything-- we already know the facts and are moving on to new facts.

:)

guess you can tell how I really feel about NG... ha ha

just would like to add that all the locals in the area keep a watch out for any individual that seems to be acting any different then before she went missing, like making preps to move. asking lots of questions, un natural interest in her case, cuts and scraps that are recent, any thing that is different about a person that stands out. etc,etc,etc.

I haven't read or heard where LE has called this a child sexual predator. If they did state that as a fact, well then we have no reason to look anywhere except back to the RSO's or a monster that is new in the business and this is his first murder and he is not registered at all. kwim?
I don't recall LE announcing that the murder had been sexually motivated. MOO

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!

I just had an EPIPHANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What BSU said to look for:

He said look at what they DIDNT say!!!!!!

They have said they have cleared all RSO in the area BUT they didn't say they cleared:

THE FAMILY ----

Am I loosing it???? Why wouldn't they come out and say family and RSO are all cleared???

You would think with SO MANY RSO having to be interviewed, they sure cleared them fast, why not the family?? WOuldn't they look like morons if they said that RSO were clear and it ended up being one of them!

Well wouldn't the above count as well?? How come they were so quick in ruling out the RSO??? The reporting on this case is awful, nobody can get their facts straight. Mistake this, mistake that = criptic people named Kyle calling into the station - honestly, I don't trust much of anything as fact at the moment. I really think there is a lot of misinformation out there. How reliable are these witnesses? We don't know the regualr routine or anything.. It might be back to primetime tv for me tonight.

Plus Somer went to school not feeling well, yet Mom was able to have a lunch date at the house and the house guest stayed to meet the kids.
I'm still unable to go after the mom here.I feel it was a SO. Now maybe the mom had some indirect communication with a perp, maybe she has a past. Doesn't everyone? I understand all the sleuthing, cause that's what we do, but I still believe mom and family had nothing to do with this.
Fly with the Angels Somer and let the sun shine on you forever.

I don't recall LE announcing that the murder had been sexually motivated. MOO

they didn't which is why i question the mother's use of the words "monster" and "him"...and also the quote about maybe he wasn't getting any or something to that effect.

Hold on the guy on Nancy just said that Somer's killer tried to dispose of her by putting her in a landfill - does that mean directly? Are the garbage trucks the red herring?????

Just remember, Officer Bruce Owens is who suggested following those trash trucks. Look at the initial suggestion..."look at the garbage on the front end."
Now I would think instead of following these trucks that an officer would be assigned to each truck and examine the trash before it was loaded onto the truck or as it was being loaded onto the truck.
If he wanted to catch something on the front end, why not catch it on the front end, instead of waiting until it had been hauled to the dump. JMO

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21363638/detail.html
"Tuesday morning, one of my detectives, Bruce Owens, came forward and said, 'You know, I think it'd be a good idea to follow those garbage trucks and let's look at the garbage on the front end rather than waiting and maybe later on trying to go and uncover something,' which was a stroke of genius," Beseler said. "It was a precautionary thing. We didn't have any idea at that time that this would come about. But it was just a really good move."

I just watched some video and I have to say that I truly believe that mom does not know who did it. She is angry and she wants justice, IMO. You can't fake that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201