Found Deceased FL - Taylen Mosley, 2, mom Pashun Jeffery, 20, homicide, St. Petersburg, 29 Mar 2023 *arrest*

So he objected to the prosecutor obtaining medical records? His own medical records I presume? What the......

If you do object or hire a criminal defense attorney to enter the objection for you, then a “Hunter Hearing” will be scheduled with a judge. At the hearing, your attorney can raise all of the procedural and substantive objections.
There was a Hunter Hearing on 4/18/2023.

A Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Court grand jury has indicted a St. Petersburg man accused of killing his 2-year-old son and the boy’s mother on two counts of first-degree murder, according to court records.

Prosecutors also filed a notice that they will seek the death penalty against Thomas Mosley, 21.

The indictment, filed Thursday, accuses Mosley of stabbing 20-year-old Pashun Jeffery to death and alleges that he “unlawfully and from a premeditated design did cause the death of” a child in his care under the age of 5. The name of the child is redacted in the indictment, but the St. Petersburg Police Department previously identified the child as Taylen Mosley, the son Jeffery shared with Thomas Mosley.

[...]

Court documents cite four aggravating factors listed in Florida statutes as reasons why the state is seeking the death penalty: Mosley had been convicted of another capital felony or felony that involved the use or threat of violence; the killings were “especially heinous, atrocious or cruel”; the victim was under the age of 12; and the victim was particularly vulnerable because Mosley had familial or custodial authority over them.

A Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Court grand jury has indicted a St. Petersburg man accused of killing his 2-year-old son and the boy’s mother on two counts of first-degree murder, according to court records.

Prosecutors also filed a notice that they will seek the death penalty against Thomas Mosley, 21.

The indictment, filed Thursday, accuses Mosley of stabbing 20-year-old Pashun Jeffery to death and alleges that he “unlawfully and from a premeditated design did cause the death of” a child in his care under the age of 5. The name of the child is redacted in the indictment, but the St. Petersburg Police Department previously identified the child as Taylen Mosley, the son Jeffery shared with Thomas Mosley.

[...]

Court documents cite four aggravating factors listed in Florida statutes as reasons why the state is seeking the death penalty: Mosley had been convicted of another capital felony or felony that involved the use or threat of violence; the killings were “especially heinous, atrocious or cruel”; the victim was under the age of 12; and the victim was particularly vulnerable because Mosley had familial or custodial authority over them.
Well, it's Florida. There are states where the death penalty on the table wouldn't make a lick of difference to getting life. Florida, they actually follow through.

I'm not in favour of the death penalty as a practice, but every now and then, a case comes along, especially when it involves kids, and I can't help but think, 'No, you don't deserve to get a second chance to do that again. You chose violence, and your choice opted you out of society.'

Life or the death penalty, I don't care which, but if he's sentenced to death, I won't mourn for him.

MOO

Drowning is a common mechanism of death in fatal alligator attacks

Is it an official finding of the coroner that Taylen died before encountering the animal or something that has been tacked on somewhere further down the line?

Drowning is a common mechanism of death in fatal alligator attacks

Is it an official finding of the coroner that Taylen died before encountering the animal or something that has been tacked on somewhere further down the line?
I think all we know at this point is that he was dead when he was found in the alligator's mouth.

I'm an Australian, I went right there, too. Though I don't live anywhere near a part of the country where crocodiles are anywhere outside of a zoo, it's something you learn about pretty young out here, how they hunt, what they do with their prey in the water. People have this idea that they're like sharks taking bites out of people, when actually, they tend to drown their prey, stash it, and eat it later.

MOO

I think all we know at this point is that he was dead when he was found in the alligator's mouth.

I'm an Australian, I went right there, too. Though I don't live anywhere near a part of the country where crocodiles are anywhere outside of a zoo, it's something you learn about pretty young out here, how they hunt, what they do with their prey in the water. People have this idea that they're like sharks taking bites out of people, when actually, they tend to drown their prey, stash it, and eat it later.

MOO
Also thought the same. :(

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Thomas Mosley, the man charged with the murders of his 2-year-old son and the child’s mother, was in a Pinellas County court on Friday.

Mosley’s attorney spoke for him, entering a not guilty plea on his behalf for the alleged murders, which happened after the family celebrated Mosley’s birthday in late March.

Mosley was charged with two counts of first degree murder in connection to the deaths. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in this case, which they described as “especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel.”

Mosley will appear in court on June 12 for a pre-trial hearing.

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Thomas Mosley, the man charged with the murders of his 2-year-old son and the child’s mother, was in a Pinellas County court on Friday.

Mosley’s attorney spoke for him, entering a not guilty plea on his behalf for the alleged murders, which happened after the family celebrated Mosley’s birthday in late March.

Mosley was charged with two counts of first degree murder in connection to the deaths. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in this case, which they described as “especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel.”

Mosley will appear in court on June 12 for a pre-trial hearing.
NEVERMIND, I was looking at May 22, not June. My bad.

Do you mean June 22? I'm looking online and don't see a June 12 date.

NEVERMIND, I was looking at May 22, not June. My bad.

Do you mean June 22? I'm looking online and don't see a June 12 date.

Here is a 2nd media source that also says June 12, citing court documents.

Florida prosecutors are currently seeking the death penalty for Mosley. Friday's court documents also noted that Mosley's pre-trial hearing will begin on June 12.

MAY 6, 2023
To law enforcement officials, slain toddler Taylen Mosley’s loved one’s request seemed simple: They wanted to have his body for his funeral. So they asked the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner’s Office for the body after his autopsy.

In doing so, they found a gap in existing Florida law.

When a person dies, their next of kin has control over what happens to the person’s body. ...

[...]

A medical examiner’s office representative had to go to the jail where Mosley is being held to get permission to release Taylen’s body to his loved ones before the April 7 funeral. Mosley agreed, and Roe told the Times that during that conversation Mosley said, “I have no son.”

[...]

Rouson said the existing law causes “double victimization” for the family. They have to grieve their slain loved one and then return to the accused killer in order to be granted rights to the body, he said.

[...]

Roe said she wrote the first draft of an amendment in early April, and she and Rouson worked together to edit the language. Rouson proposed the final amendment later that month, and it was tacked onto HB 233 on April 25.

[...]

The bill passed unanimously in both chambers, with the Senate voting on Wednesday. It is now headed to Gov. Ron DeSantis’ desk.

[...]

MAY 6, 2023
To law enforcement officials, slain toddler Taylen Mosley’s loved one’s request seemed simple: They wanted to have his body for his funeral. So they asked the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner’s Office for the body after his autopsy.

In doing so, they found a gap in existing Florida law.

When a person dies, their next of kin has control over what happens to the person’s body. ...

[...]

A medical examiner’s office representative had to go to the jail where Mosley is being held to get permission to release Taylen’s body to his loved ones before the April 7 funeral. Mosley agreed, and Roe told the Times that during that conversation Mosley said, “I have no son.”

[...]

Rouson said the existing law causes “double victimization” for the family. They have to grieve their slain loved one and then return to the accused killer in order to be granted rights to the body, he said.

[...]

Roe said she wrote the first draft of an amendment in early April, and she and Rouson worked together to edit the language. Rouson proposed the final amendment later that month, and it was tacked onto HB 233 on April 25.

[...]

The bill passed unanimously in both chambers, with the Senate voting on Wednesday. It is now headed to Gov. Ron DeSantis’ desk.

[...]
Thank you for this.
That’s such a sweet casket…
Glad the loophole was fixed. Laws can change quickly!
I wonder why the perp said that he has no son. I guess we have no idea the context of that.

Thank you for this.
That’s such a sweet casket…
Glad the loophole was fixed. Laws can change quickly!
I wonder why the perp said that he has no son. I guess we have no idea the context of that.
It crossed my mind that as deranged as this idiot was, he probably thought the baby wasn't his. Perhaps that was his motive but seriously, a quick DNA test could have put any suspicion to rest.

JUN 12, 2023
[...]

Court documents show that prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty against Mosley. Prosecutors have laid out numerous reasons for seeking the death penalty — arguing the crime was especially cruel, the victim was younger than 12 years old and was more vulnerable because his accused killer had authority over him as his parent, court filings said.

Mosley is scheduled to appear in court on Monday morning for a pretrial hearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding
Back