FL - William Hale, 36, and Frank Allison, 43, charged w/ attempted murder after shooting each others' daughters during road rage incident - 10/14/22

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

An apparent road rage incident in Florida led to two girls getting shot — and their fathers both being arrested on attempted murder charges.

In a news conference on Monday, Nassau County sheriff Bill Leeper said that William Hale, 36, and Frank Allison, 43, were riding in separate vehicles on October 8 with their respective daughters when they had a driving dispute.

According to Leeper, Hale was driving a black Dodge Ram when he pulled up alongside Allison's gray Nissan Murano. Hale yelled at Allison to pull over.

Leeper says that a passenger in Allison's Nissan made on obscene gesture at Hale. Someone in Hale's vehicle then threw a plastic water bottle into Allison's vehicle.

Then, according to Leeper, Allison grabbed his Sig Saur 45mm handgun and fired one shot at Hale's truck before speeding away, Leeper said. The bullet struck Hale's 5-year-old daughter in the leg.

When Hale realized that his daughter had been shot, he allegedly pursued Allison's truck and fired several bullets from his Glock 43 9mm handgun. One of the bullets hit Allison's 14-year-old daughter in the back, collapsing her lung.

Frank-Allison-William-Hale-a0c33d8442e5427c97da6ea399a44784.jpg

The article also says they both pulled over near a Sheriff's vehicle and began having a fist-fight. Does that mean neither one was holding and comforting his injured daughter; they were too busy having a fist-fight? Or was that after the ambulances pulled away? Who called for medical care for the daughters?
It sounds like both girls will survive; these men are lucky in that.

Imho, at least this one occurred in Florida, where the perpetrators are imho likely to be charged, convicted, and punished!

Still, shaking my head.

Seems to be an ID-ten-T problem.

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
Apparently, these two guys got in a road rage and shot at each other's cars and hit each others daughters. They are both alive.

Shocking indeed, but I believe we already a thread on WS.

Shocking indeed, but I believe we already a thread on WS.

thanks, i looked but didnt see anything for this by looking up FL. merge i guess.

One of the two fathers involved in a Florida road rage incident that left each with a wounded daughter has been charged. The father who fired the first shot was ruled to have used justifiable force and faces no charges, according to the state attorney's statement.

William Hale, 36, was deemed the primary aggressor for the Oct. 8, 2022, shootout with Frank Allison, 44, and charged with seven counts of attempted murder, aggravated assault and shooting or throwing deadly missiles, per NBC's Jacksonville affiliate First Coast News.

One of the two fathers involved in a Florida road rage incident that left each with a wounded daughter has been charged. The father who fired the first shot was ruled to have used justifiable force and faces no charges, according to the state attorney's statement.

William Hale, 36, was deemed the primary aggressor for the Oct. 8, 2022, shootout with Frank Allison, 44, and charged with seven counts of attempted murder, aggravated assault and shooting or throwing deadly missiles, per NBC's Jacksonville affiliate First Coast News.

why is the first shot considered justifiable? that's very strange

why is the first shot considered justifiable? that's very strange
If I understand the article, it’s because the driver didn’t know what was thrown initially. So he shot as a reflex to perceived danger. The object was a water bottle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back