FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to see her flyer hanging at the gas station on Hood Canal. My friend lived in Olympia/Shelton outskirts, and back then I used to drive alone down the canal. Very quiet picturesque road. I remember hearing about Lindsey's kidnapping while at the friends house. She said there had been a few recent disappearances down Hood Canal, women's cars parked on a dirt road or submerged partially in the water, and no woman. She worried about me and we hoped they would be found soon. That poster stayed put at that gas station until she was found. It really affected the entire Peninsula.

Fast forward to Lindsey being found on Manastash and I just happened to be going down the Canal and staying in Elma (nearby McCleary). We passed a Chevy avalanche speeding up the Canal, and shortly after there are massive LE in pursuit. I didn't know it at the time, we watched the news at our hotel later, but that Avalanche had tried to kidnap a young woman in nearby Montesano. Strange coincidence, but I'm learning that there are many reasons we become a target and opportunity is key. Watching from my hotel room, I saw two young girls follow a man behind a fence, and I got nervous. I was going to call non emergency police line, and low and behold a police car pulls in and the officer walks behind that same fence.
We live in an opportunists world.
Thanks for keeping this thread going Mysteries 1974. This mystery will be solved.

I used to see her flyer hanging at the gas station on Hood Canal. My friend lived in Olympia/Shelton outskirts, and back then I used to drive alone down the canal. Very quiet picturesque road. I remember hearing about Lindsey's kidnapping while at the friends house. She said there had been a few recent disappearances down Hood Canal, women's cars parked on a dirt road or submerged partially in the water, and no woman. She worried about me and we hoped they would be found soon. That poster stayed put at that gas station until she was found. It really affected the entire Peninsula.

Fast forward to Lindsey being found on Manastash and I just happened to be going down the Canal and staying in Elma (nearby McCleary). We passed a Chevy avalanche speeding up the Canal, and shortly after there are massive LE in pursuit. I didn't know it at the time, we watched the news at our hotel later, but that Avalanche had tried to kidnap a young woman in nearby Montesano. Strange coincidence, but I'm learning that there are many reasons we become a target and opportunity is key. Watching from my hotel room, I saw two young girls follow a man behind a fence, and I got nervous. I was going to call non emergency police line, and low and behold a police car pulls in and the officer walks behind that same fence.
We live in an opportunists world.
Thanks for keeping this thread going Mysteries 1974. This mystery will be solved.
Your very welcome! Are you stating that there is a possible suspect who is Unidentified in Lindsey’s death?

I have been curious about Manastash Rd outside of Ellensburg. Today I took a drive by to check it out. I stopped at a place I thought might be a good spot to dispose of evidence or whatever. I saw a bone. Looked like a tibia. I dismissed it as probably a deer bone. I wasn't expecting bones. I thought maybe a knife or something. Because Lindsay's body was found. Later I realized that I didn't know what they had found.
Bumping

I thought the camp was in Shelton, and Ellensburg would be quite a drive away, at least 2-3 hours.
Something interesting I was thinking about..
Both directions of going north to I 90 Ellensburg, or going south and through Yakima and up to Manastash have very limited cell phone coverage. The mountain passes make it near impossible to call out or text. I am At t. I dont know about other carriers, but I assume it's the same . The Cascades makes that entire triangle of area a dead zone for service.
The route through Yakima is very rural and I believe when the Honda Ridgeline left the gas station they headed to the South, which would cut over to I5 to Centralia where to there is a connection to the 12, to Yakima and then North towards Manastash.

D.G s car wouldn't have made it up to Manastash ridge. You need a 4wd capable vehicle to make it to the Riders camp. And the escape route from there is over an old crumbly bridge they replaced over the next few years. In 2009, it was crumbly. And if her killer needed an escape route, he d have to make it over that bridge after going over roughish terrain to get to the old riders camp.

They built the new riders camp slightly over from the original spot. I would be curious of the contracting on all these projects up there and timeline. I've been reading up on all their projects up there currently, but nothing has come together in my brain yet.
Doesn't DG father/ mother''s husband and close lady friend /drive a 4x4 type vehicle?

Doesn't DG father (mothers husband and good lady friend) drive 4x4 vehicles?

Cell phone pings would establish an area correct? LE pinged DG phone correct? Could those pings be used to determine a location on map and from there a route? And from that route some piece of video or traffic cam footage of that area identifying the person(s) responsible.

The person (s) responsible will be identified and brought to justice.

Are there any other suspects besides DG? Business owners, law enforcement, state workers, city workers, etc? Lots of variables...what evidence does LE have already for this case that the public doesn't know about?

Last edited:
Maybe but i suspect someone like Chris Fitzpatrick is involved in her death. Basically I believe someone who has a record of abductions and rape
What about the other white car that was reported in that area?...who drove that car and may have possible record of abductions and rape...

What about the other white car that was reported in that area?...who drove that car and may have possible record of abductions and rape...
The only person if interst who owned a white car was Tim Hartman. He was spotted at a gas station on camera on the night of Baum’s abduction

Are there any other suspects besides DG? Business owners, law enforcement, state workers, city workers, etc? Lots of variables...what evidence does LE have already for this case that the public doesn't know about?
Tim Hartman owned a jewelry store on a toad that Lindsey would have to pass in order to get home

I watched the episode of The Dr. Oz Show that Melissa Baum was on the other day and the pain in her eyes brought me to tears. I have followed Lindsey's case since day one and will follow it until the animal responsible is found.
RIP Lindsey. Bless you Melissa, I hope some day you can have justice and peace.

I watched the episode of The Dr. Oz Show that Melissa Baum was on the other day and the pain in her eyes brought me to tears. I have followed Lindsey's case since day one and will follow it until the animal responsible is found.
RIP Lindsey. Bless you Melissa, I hope some day you can have justice and peace.
Its horrible! I also hope the monster responsible is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73