France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your updates and contributions the situation is rapidly changing all information posted much appreciated.

Stade de France Stadium now being evacuated hope they can get out safely and as calm as possible which is incredibly difficult.

Just heard the sound of explosion heard nearby from video taken of game when France & Germany game was going on. Reports that it was a suicide bombing on Sky news.

Sky news reporting a 100 hostages in Bataclan theatre. 35 dead not confirmed if that is just at theatre or in total right now.

Vice News

with map of locations

https://news.vice.com/article/deadly-shooting-reported-in-paris

There are reports of three separate gun attacks and one explosion in Paris, France. French media reports that police say 18 people have been killed, and that gunmen are holding dozens of hostages at a French concert hall where a rock concert taking place.

Witness: Two people got out of the car. They had guns. I heard gunshot. Lots of shots being fired. […] It lasted at least three minutes. People were panicking. Then they got back in the car and drove in the direction of the Charonne subway station."

Bomb was not sophisticated, full of lead according to reporter on MSNBC

35 reported dead and 100 hostages! Just reported on WPXI.com
President of France is ok, he was at the soccor game

Explosions audible during soccer match despite cheering noise.

Football.... France against Germany

Simon Kuper @KuperSimon
Financial Times columnist

Multiple attacks in Paris tonight.First Petit Cambodge restaurant, then Bataclan club, + explosions outside Stade de France. Game continues!

Craziest thing is that this damn football match France-Germany continues while Paris seems to be burning. This feels like the Heysel

I quite agree that match has to go on because unsafe for people to leave stadium. My point is that it feels sick to be watching football now

Many people have left stadium. I'm not sure whether they will be allowed to go out onto streets and train

People are being allowed to leave stadium through certain gates - others closed. meanwhile CNN reports that at least 18 people dead in Paris

Fans at Stade de France have invaded the pitch post-match, now standing around on the field, very quiet not rowdy - scared to leave stadium?

Paris is 6hours ahead so it is 11:18 pm there

https://www.breakingnews.com/topic/paris-shooting-nov-13-2015/

Photo: People inside Stade de France after attacks reported in Paris; reports fans cannot leave the stadium following France-German soccer match - @JulianRoepcke

There are reports of ​as many as 60 hostages taken at the Bataclan concert hall in Paris, where the American band Eagles of Death Metal was scheduled to perform tonight.

DH went out for :toastred: and munchies for TV viewing tonight. He called to tell me to turn on CNN for the Breaking News in Paris. After Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions, it will be CNN instead of a movie. Terrorist attack? :eek:

Stealing from you my dear
user-online.png
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Paris shootings and explosions near Stade de France kill 18

At least 18 people have been killed in several shootings in the French capital, Paris, as well as explosions at the Stade de France.
At least one man opened fire with an automatic gun at the Petit Cambodge restaurant in the 11th district.

<Snip>

A BBC journalist at the Petit Cambodge restaurant says he can see 10 people on the road either dead or seriously injured.
He says police have now arrived and sealed off the area.

Live Updates

21:59
The France 24 network has interviewed a witness to a shooting outside the restaurant, Anne-Sophie.

“Everyone was outside on the terrace of the restaurant when all of a sudden we saw these masked men start firing in all directions. It felt like it lasted a long time.”

She said there was “an enormous amount of injured”.

How many sigts do we have 4?

Telegraph liveblog

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...227/Paris-shooting-Many-feared-dead-live.html

'Gunmen shouted Allah Akbar'

Louis, inside the Bataclan, told France Info radio the men opened fire and shouted "Allah Akbar".

He only saw silhouettes. He said:
The men came in and started shooting. Everyone fell to the ground. It was hell.
I took my mum, and we hid. Someone near us said they have gone, so we ran out. I was only thinking of escaping.
We're out now. I think people are still inside.
It's a nightmare - a nightmare.

BBM

Relion of Peace. Who would have thought? Let's wait for the inevitable confirmation.

The Situation Room &#8207;@CNNSitRoom 1 min.

.@jimsciutto, per an eyewitness inside concert hall, 6-8 hostage takers #Paris http://cnn.it/1O7xncG

BBM

Doc Thompson &#8207;@DocThompsonShow 3 min

#BREAKING: according to Europe 1 there is now a shooting at the Les Halles which is near the Centre Pompidou and Louvre. #Paris

BBM

Bloodshed of random innocents for the bloodshed of the personification of evil and a single terrorist/mass murderer.

The insanity continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member