France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
katya adler ‏@BBCkatyaadler 1m1 minute ago

Reports on Liberation website that there are explosives inside #Paris Bataclan concert hall where around 60 people in hostage situation

Can someone explain why there would be such a calculated hit on the friendly city of Paris today?

its numbing 100 hostages in a theatere

It's tragic I was worried about possible retailiations after the news about Jihadi John earlier today.

This was planned well before yesterday, I'm sure. Maybe they knew it was coming and were prepared to strike back. Something this huge can't come together overnight. Can it?

EST can someone tell me when it "started " est ?

Guus Liekamm @TeleGuus

(translated)

Police storm concert hall to free hostages

Shots are heard

According to witnesses people leave concert hall with hands in the air

Can someone explain why there would be such a calculated hit on the friendly city of Paris today?

Possibly due to Jihadi John's ISIS leader possible death attack earlier today the attacks might have been in the planning and they brought them forward tonight in revenge just my opinion.

Geraldo Rivera's daughter Simone is in France nearby the explosions she was at the stadium. He has been crying on Fox News very hard to watch and brings home the humanity of what is happening.

Now reports of a fourth incident a shooting at a shopping mall according to Fox News awaiting confirmation.

Pieter Nanninga ‏@pieternanninga 2 min.
Assist. prof. Middle Eastern Studies, University of Groningen | jihadism, media and violence

#Paris: 4 attacks, reported 60+ dead, 100 hostages. #IS fans celebrate attack with #باريس_تشتعل (Paris on fire) Live http://www.france24.com/en/livefeed

BBM

Possibly due to Jihadi John's ISIS leader possible death attack earlier today the attacks might have been in the planning and they brought them forward tonight in revenge just my opinion.

If that's the case then the attackers were ready for retaliation at a moments notice. This is frightening.

Apparently somebody is doing a Periscope (Twitter company) livestream from outside the venue where the hostages are. [video=twitter;665294490073067520]https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/665294490073067520[/video]
Just passing on the link on the off chance that someone here knows somebody with a friend/relative in the area and might want to see if they recognise anyone there.

This was planned well before yesterday, I'm sure. Maybe they knew it was coming and were prepared to strike back. Something this huge can't come together overnight. Can it?

No myydear

that is what is making this so horrific for all of us just watching in our homes huh? Its fuc@ING madness

but I do think there is no way it is all not coordinatied imagine living there now what do you do -- it keeps going on

just numbing, scary

ok I lov Obama - could care less what he says, keep us live in the scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members