GA - 8 dead after shootings at three spas, Atlanta, 16 Mar 2021 *arrest*

“After the mass shooting in Dayton, many mayors who had gone through similar tragedies reached out. While it was a comfort, I knew that it was only a matter of time until I was the one reaching out to the leader of a grieving city. Sadly, today isn't the first time I've had to do so.”
Mayor Whaley issues statement on Atlanta shootings

A former youth ministry leader at Crabapple First Baptist Church in Alpharetta tells The Washington Post that the 21-year-old charged with shooting eight people, most of them women of Asian descent, at three Atlanta-area massage parlors, was a member of the congregation.

Brett Cottrell told the news outlet on Wednesday that suspect Robert Aaron Long and his father attended activities at Crabapple on Sundays, as well as weekday meetings and mission trips.

“We grieve for the victims and their families, and we continue to pray for them,” the elders’ statement said. “Moreover, we are distraught for the Long family and continue to pray for them as well.”
The Latest: Suspect's church: 'Heartbroken for all involved'

Oh he is just brilliant this Sheriff.

Nephew lives in Acworth few blocks from this awful crime. He said this fool could have hit anybody running an errand, getting their nails done. Nephew made the point quite a few nail salons and dry cleaners are Asian owned. Ironically there's a law in nearby Kennesaw you should own a firearm.

So pleased to say here in Philly we haven't had any uptick in Asian bashing. Especially in my neighborhood where the real estate agents from NY came in and grabbed up property. Come to my neighborhood to shop at either of the two huge Chinese markets. Enjoy watching our Chinese neighbors work their little "farms" even through winter.

For years any violence against Asians were mostly little corner stores where you steal from them? They fight back.

Meanwhile perhaps "sex addiction " murderer is only attracted to Asian women? Otherwise he could have picked up a date for $20 bucks and moved on. Or we he then have shot every prostitute in Georgia?

May the families of every victim find some sort of solace. Prayers for the ladies. Big prayers that they be remembered respectfully and with kindness.

Who diagnosed this guy? I bet himself. Like that song .......the son of a preacher man.

Yes. And maybe also, murderer started thinking it would be better to be known in prison as a woman hater, than to be known as a racist.

I concur. Sex isn’t the primary motive. The sex element (secondary motive) was an intended planned excuse by the alleged perp. He knew he would be arrested. How could he not? The qualifier of a hate crime attached to murders surely would ensure possibility of death penalty sentence. imo

Eta: I may stand corrected before I even post but will still leave my thoughts before reading this. I was about to hit reply when I found this:
Georgia Lawmakers Renew Push For Hate Crime Bill After Death Of Ahmaud Arbery

Eta: I’m still correcting myself: I’m so sorry for the confusion. An update:
Georgia's Kemp signs hate crimes law after outcry over death

I stand by my original comment. This guy thinks he’s sly. imo

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/1372314584741257218

"The cop who said the spa shooter had 'a bad day' previously posted a racist shirt blaming China for the pandemic."

A picture of the t-shirt is at the link.
I am confused by that Buzzfeed article at the Twitter link. The article makes it sound like Jay Baker was the shooter but the shooter was Robert Aaron Long. Also, the picture of the FB post with the racist t-shirts was from April 2, 2020... that was a month before we were even worried about the virus. What am I missing here? Link to Buzzfeed article here: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/spa-shooter-bad-day-racist-facebo

Attachments

• BuzzFeed Picture March 17 2021 Showing Racist Post From Atlanta Cop April 2 2020.JPG
    BuzzFeed Picture March 17 2021 Showing Racist Post From Atlanta Cop April 2 2020.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 15
I am confused by that Buzzfeed article at the Twitter link. The article makes it sound like Jay Baker was the shooter but the shooter was Robert Aaron Long. Also, the picture of the FB post with the racist t-shirts was from April 2, 2020... that was a month before we were even worried about the virus. What am I missing here? Link to Buzzfeed article here: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/spa-shooter-bad-day-racist-facebo

Why does the date of the post matter? Its significance is the t-shirts.

Jay Baker is the LE spokesperson. I think people are pointing out he was posting racist memes in the last year so maybe he's not the best person to opine on the motives behind a mass shooting of 6 Asian women.

The rest of the world was worried about the virus in April. I think the first lock downs in the US were in March. In March President Trump was talking about it being a Chinese flu.

The sheriff was acting kinda strange at the press conference. "yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did."
I guess...

Yes, I agree. I wonder how he feels right now about the information he gave at that press conference? Of course it’s his discretion what information is released, but many will think he attempted to minimize the intent of the suspect, down play it as not to cause a strong reaction from the community, the nation even. This is the beginning stages of an investigation, just because the suspect said it, doesn’t make it true. IMO

Yes, I agree. I wonder how he feels right now about the information he gave at that press conference? Of course it’s his discretion what information is released, but many will think he attempted to minimize the intent of the suspect, down play it as not to cause a strong reaction from the community, the nation even. This is the beginning stages of an investigation, just because the suspect said it, doesn’t make it true. IMO

Exactly, thank you. The murderer can say he has sex addiction but where is the proof, and is that even a legitimate mental health diagnosis anyway?

Why does the date of the post matter? Its significance is the t-shirts.
Well, that time is burned into my brain because I was caught out of state when the shut downs first started because of a loved one's funeral. Everyone was so confused, and there did not seem to be any reason to blame China that early on. My background is the Clinical Laboratory with an emphasis in Infectious Disease so I remember that time vividly. It just seems odd that someone would have had those racist t-shirts that early! I have learned to question everything I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sshamrick2011
Back