GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree tuffy, they also have the 14 year olds aunt, who called LE and described giving a ride to both her nephew and DE that morning and she saw a gun in DE's possession. So LE is most definitely has more than Antonio's mom's photo ID.

And that Aunt's phone call to LE explains why LE already had the boys in custody when they showed Ms. West the photo lineup.

If ever there was a doubt that LE has the right people charged, that Aunt's phone call should have cleared that up IMO.

According to the mother, this suspect threatened to kill this infant, and then proceeded to do just that.

No, I meant planned ahead of time...not so much like he didn't intend to shoot at the time. More like, I don't think this was something the two boys plotted out their actions against this baby well in advance. I absolutely believe they intended to rob, then to kill both mom and baby.

This short video was probably posted already, but I've just seen it. It's beyond heartbreaking. Such a beautiful looking neighborhood- a place where, in my dreams, I'd love to live. But if I were Antonio's parents, I don't think I could live there, or pass by that corner ever again.

Apparently the baby's dad needs people to sit and talk with him. He doesn't want to be alone. I'm glad to see that his neighbors are ready to support him in any way they can. I just wanted to jump into the video and put my arms around this broken man.

I don't know exactly why, but this video has left me with tears running down my face. :( How can anyone do this? What has become of humanity?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2248694902001

bringing this link forward as we are discussing what LE may or may not have tying the charged teens to the crime.

Debra Obley says she never imagined she'd have two ties to the investigation into the murder of the toddler.

"I feel sad I'm being threatened, yeah I'm being threatened by people saying they are going to kill me or have people to kill me, because I'm a snitch," said Obley.

Obley's nephew is the 14-year-old accused of being an accomplice to the murder.

She tells Channel 4 that she gave Elkins a ride from her mother's house, not knowing who he was.

"When he got in the car, he laid down in the backseat," said Obley. "He kept looking around, peeping up and I said, 'Boy, what you doing? You skipping school?' You know, he said 'No ma'am.'"

When she started asking for more questions, Obley said Elkins cut the ride short.

"When he got out of the car, he had something hid up in his pants. It was a gun," said Obley.

Obley says she felt something wasn't right, so she asked her nephew about it.

"I said...if you've got something to do with this little baby, you can't talk to me. I'm your auntie," said Obley. "He said 'Auntie, I don't even know the boy. I don't have anything to do with that.'"

Even though he wouldn't talk to her, Obley decided to talk to police. While it's hard to see her nephew behind bars, Obley said she feels she did the right thing.

"It's wrong. That was a baby. That baby can't come back," said Obley. "That mama will never get that baby back. Whoever did it deserves to be behind bars."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Brunsw...75880/19439744/-/item/1/-/8t4s9y/-/index.html

We have Aunt of 14 year old's tip about the suspicious behavior of the teens including DE having a gun in his possession.

We have mom's photo ID of DE and the juvenile.

And we have LE making a statement about EVIDENCE that they decline to give further information about.

This short video was probably posted already, but I've just seen it. It's beyond heartbreaking. Such a beautiful looking neighborhood- a place where, in my dreams, I'd love to live. But if I were Antonio's parents, I don't think I could live there, or pass by that corner ever again.

Apparently the baby's dad needs people to sit and talk with him. He doesn't want to be alone. I'm glad to see that his neighbors are ready to support him in any way they can. I just wanted to jump into the video and put my arms around this broken man.

I don't know exactly why, but this video has left me with tears running down my face. :( How can anyone do this? What has become of humanity?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2248694902001

This is the first time I've seen the video and it's heartbreaking but I do love how strangers have gathered to give him support.

This is sad. You know if I saw a 14 year old with a gun down his pants I would fair lose my mind. The normality of it is seriously disturbing, as if in some areas the world has been shifted completely out of order and gangs and drug culture have taken compete hold of some communities. You have to feel sorry for everyone who has to live with this daily. Then it's like 'what can you do?' I mean what on earth can anyone do about it, the people who live there try their best, the government tries to intervene, and nothing changes and on and on it goes.

It is really really sad, I am just a lucky person who doesn't have to live with that, but it's out of pure luck. Those poor people who really feel they have no choice.

Loose Lips Sink Ships

I do think the 14 year old is singing like a canary.

jmo

How about just making it a "priority" to be sensitive to anyone who is grieving, whether or not you can relate to that grief?

It IS possible to grieve with the mom, the dad, the community, and even the mom of the alleged shooter, all without ranking or prioritizing your empathy. Situations like these are usually 'no win' situations in the grief department.

Thank you for that. Being the mother of a criminal. I struggle every day with grief, nature vs nurture, etc. I finally get to a place where I know it's not my fault and the someone will blame me. No Win.

bringing this link forward as we are discussing what LE may or may not have tying the charged teens to the crime.

Debra Obley says she never imagined she'd have two ties to the investigation into the murder of the toddler.

"I feel sad I'm being threatened, yeah I'm being threatened by people saying they are going to kill me or have people to kill me, because I'm a snitch," said Obley.

Obley's nephew is the 14-year-old accused of being an accomplice to the murder.

She tells Channel 4 that she gave Elkins a ride from her mother's house, not knowing who he was.

"When he got in the car, he laid down in the backseat," said Obley. "He kept looking around, peeping up and I said, 'Boy, what you doing? You skipping school?' You know, he said 'No ma'am.'"

When she started asking for more questions, Obley said Elkins cut the ride short.

"When he got out of the car, he had something hid up in his pants. It was a gun," said Obley.

Obley says she felt something wasn't right, so she asked her nephew about it.

"I said...if you've got something to do with this little baby, you can't talk to me. I'm your auntie," said Obley. "He said 'Auntie, I don't even know the boy. I don't have anything to do with that.'"

Even though he wouldn't talk to her, Obley decided to talk to police. While it's hard to see her nephew behind bars, Obley said she feels she did the right thing.

"It's wrong. That was a baby. That baby can't come back," said Obley. "That mama will never get that baby back. Whoever did it deserves to be behind bars."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Brunsw...75880/19439744/-/item/1/-/8t4s9y/-/index.html

We have Aunt of 14 year old's tip about the suspicious behavior of the teens including DE having a gun in his possession.

We have mom's photo ID of DE and the juvenile.

And we have LE making a statement about EVIDENCE that they decline to give further information about.

I find it interesting that Obley says that DE had the gun, yet police say they aren't certain who did the shooting.

Ms. West seems to have very dominant genes. I believe Mr. Santiago is indeed Antonio's natural father. Both of Ms. West's sons resembled one another and her greatly IMO.

ETA I have apparently very passive genes, in that all my children have greatly physically resembled their fathers and share very little resemblance to myself.

Yes, I think so. Same last name (Santiago).

The two of the are not married and never were married. If he wasn't a bio-dad, he would be nobody to the child. So who else can he possibly be but the bio-dad?

Ms. West seems to have very dominant genes. I believe Mr. Santiago is indeed Antonio's natural father. Both of Ms. West's sons resembled one another and her greatly IMO.

I noticed the same thing right away. The poor 13 months old looked exactly like her older son.

They don't live together and it is my understanding they never lived together.
I don't believe that the idea that the two of them were not a couple anymore is accurate at all.
The woman claims the two of them haven't got married yet, but supposedly were waiting to get married, wanting to make sure everything would work out.
Doesn't sound like they were any more broken up than at some prior time.

All of this is what I've read as well, as well as the fact that the dad lives diagonally across the street from her in another apt. on Union. And yes, Luis is his bio dad, though they've never married. I can send links to all this if it really matters to anyone.

I find it interesting that Obley says that DE had the gun, yet police say they aren't certain who did the shooting.

How soon where the boys picked up? Was it the same day? If so, they tested their hands for gunshot residue. And if not, maybe the search warrants issued will yield clothing that can determine who shot Antonio.

The two of the are not married and never were married. If he wasn't a bio-dad, he would be nobody to the child. So who else can he possibly be but the bio-dad?

I'm sorry.. I thought about the question and I feel I should not have asked it.

Has the Aunt of the 14 yr old said what time she picked the boys up? I wonder if the timing is around the same time that DE's Aunt says that he was with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daz1975