GA GA - Brian Wehrle, 39, Carrollton, 23 Sept 2009

New to Websleuths but I am from Carrollton, so this seemed like a good place to start. I saw on the Lost and Found site that there were skeletal remains found in April of 2016 near the Cumberland River in TN. We know he had a pacemaker, but is there any other previous medical history? These remains show a rod and screws in the L Femur and healed fractures to face, ribs and L femur. Its not too far fetched to think they ditched in the car in Chattanooga and the body in Cumberland River in Nashville... I can't find anything except pacemaker though. He could have been in a car wreck with he was younger or something and that not stick out as important if youare looking for a person and not bones 😔

Welcome to WS and to this thread.

He did have a pacemaker.
It is possible that he may have made it to the Nashville area.
I looked back through NAMUS, Project Jason, and Charley Project but did not find any other medical history.

Do you have a link for the Lost and Found site?

Carrollton Police shared a post today highlighting this case. It's creeping up on 10 years and they're still almost at ground zero.

Didn't know about this until today - but would love to find BW, for the sake of his family.

New to Websleuths but I am from Carrollton, so this seemed like a good place to start. I saw on the Lost and Found site that there were skeletal remains found in April of 2016 near the Cumberland River in TN. We know he had a pacemaker, but is there any other previous medical history? These remains show a rod and screws in the L Femur and healed fractures to face, ribs and L femur. Its not too far fetched to think they ditched in the car in Chattanooga and the body in Cumberland River in Nashville... I can't find anything except pacemaker though. He could have been in a car wreck with he was younger or something and that not stick out as important if youare looking for a person and not bones 😔

Hi I too am new to Websleuths. About a year ago I started listening to podcasts such as True Crime Garage, Casefiles and Up and Vanished. I have an interest in this case of Brian Wehrle because he was my husband's cousin. We are from Pennsylvania. I want to learn how to retrieve as much information about Brian's case. I know bits and pieces of the story, mainly from the Charley Project. I remember some information from my mother in law when Brian first went missing. Since listening to criminal podcasts, made me want to investigate Brian. If you know where I can begin please let me. I am hoping to find free information too. Thank you.

Hi I too am new to Websleuths. About a year ago I started listening to podcasts such as True Crime Garage, Casefiles and Up and Vanished. I have an interest in this case of Brian Wehrle because he was my husband's cousin. We are from Pennsylvania. I want to learn how to retrieve as much information about Brian's case. I know bits and pieces of the story, mainly from the Charley Project. I remember some information from my mother in law when Brian first went missing. Since listening to criminal podcasts, made me want to investigate Brian. If you know where I can begin please let me. I am hoping to find free information too. Thank you.

Welcome to WS.

I was on this thread way back but have forgotten most of the info now. I found this working article that may help get you started. Reading through the thread may help also, even though a lot of the links may no longer work. Maybe we can get this thread active again. Let us know if you need more info. We will do our best to help you. Hope you can find some answers.

Missing gay Atlantan’s car found in Chattanooga

Never heard of this case until now. 2021! Via an ApplePodcast. This is incredibly sad and sounds like the ball was dropped on the Chattanooga end. Is there any way WS can bring attention to this thread?

Brian Anthony Wehrle

Brian Anthony Wehrle(Carrollton Police Department/FBI)
ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Carrollton police are asking for your help in a more than decade-old missing persons case.

According to investigators, Brian Wehrle, 36, was reported missing in September of 2009 after leaving his parents’ home in Carrollton without his cell phone.

Authorities tell Atlanta News First his car was also missing, but later recovered in Chattanooga, Tennessee with the key still in the ignition. Wehrle, who lived in Atlanta with his partner, was not known to have ties to the Chattanooga area.

At this time, investigators suspect foul play in the case.

When I saw this case in recent updates in The Charley Project, I decided to look it up. Then I found the Crime Junkie podcast recently did an episode on his case.
What a mess of a case. Even in this day in age we are still seeing LE agencies putting a time limit on reporting missing persons. 72 hours here.

The Crime Junkie hosts also reference a recent podcast by the Fall Line.

Carroll County, GA (WJBF) – A Georgia man disappeared around the flood of 2009. But while trying to avoid those murky waters to tend to his parents’ estate, he went missing.

“Kind of like older brother energy, just kind of messing with you and aggravating you, but playing with you at the same time,” said Amanda Rickles, who resides in the Atlanta area.

Despite his position as uncle on their family tree, Amanda Rickles said Brian Wehrle could have been her best friend too since they were close in age.
Image6.jpeg

“We’d go swimming in the lake at my grandparent’s house, which now I wouldn’t advise people to do, Lake Carroll,” Rickles recalled. “It was like a crab apple tree growing there by the lake. He’d grab them and just throw them at us.”

Her fondest memories are at her grandparent’s house. Which was also her mom and uncle Brian’s parent’s home in Carrollton, Georgia. It’s a city located about an hour from Atlanta. Rickles said the two parent home with nine kids made for a typical Catholic family.

Foul play is suspected in the Sept. 23, 2009, disappearance of Brian Wehrle, 39. He was last seen at his parents’ home in Carrollton, but his 1992 Buick LeSabre with the key in the ignition was discovered in Chattanooga a month-and-a-half later in the Judson Lane/North Chamberlain Avenue area. Mr. Wehrle had no known ties to Chattanooga, but authorities are hoping someone might be able to provide information that could open up new leads in the case.
1694602097688.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back