GA GA - Devron Taylor, 44, Atlanta, 9 March 2020 (PM AT LINK)

Goecke

Reaction score
Warning: postmortem at link
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
"44 year old black female, presented to Emergency Room after being assaulted by her boyfriend"

A quick Google search for her name turns up nothing... I wonder if her boyfriend has been/will be charged in her death? It's sad to see someone murdered with no news coverage and without any family to claim her.

Reactions: nao
Name
Devron Taylor
Birth
abt 1976
Residence
1991 Randallstown, Maryland, USA
Source is Ancestry Yearbooks. Picture appears to be her.

Devron N Taylor
Birth Date: 23 Oct 1975
Residence Date: 1995
Address: 3771 Brie Rn
Residence: Randallstown, MD

I believe her mother has passed but her father is still alive.

It's terribly sad, but not uncommon that a deceased person remains unclaimed by any family. Family isn't able or willing to lay the person to rest for any number of reasons. In our township, when this happens the mayor and council go to the cemetery and have a little private service.

How lucky we are when there are people in our families who care. Devron had no one.

If she was mentally ill and lived a transient lifestyle, is it possible that her father didn't know that she passed away? You'd think someone would try to notify him, but who knows.

Did she have siblings? I want to think that she was estranged from her family and they legitimately don't know. I hate to think that they do know and just haven't claimed her. The fact that she very well could've been murdered (sounds like manslaughter at the very least) makes this even more sad.

I don't know why this case is sticking with me so much. I don't usually get attached to people I've never met, but I care deeply about Devron. I hope she had friends or someone who loved and supported her when she was alive.

If she was mentally ill and lived a transient lifestyle, is it possible that her father didn't know that she passed away? You'd think someone would try to notify him, but who knows.

Did she have siblings? I want to think that she was estranged from her family and they legitimately don't know. I hate to think that they do know and just haven't claimed her. The fact that she very well could've been murdered (sounds like manslaughter at the very least) makes this even more sad.

I don't know why this case is sticking with me so much. I don't usually get attached to people I've never met, but I care deeply about Devron. I hope she had friends or someone who loved and supported her when she was alive.
I was wondering the same thing, if they just don't know. I'm not sure about other family members. She was homeless in another state from her family, so they could have been completely out of touch. It's clear from the court doc she was suffering some from pretty severe mental health issues. I think the doc mentions schizoaffective disorder. It's not uncommon for families to disconnect from those with psychosis of any sort who refuse treatment, or for the affected person to become paranoid about their family. It's scary to be a part of someone's delusion, and especially the villain in someone's delusion (not saying that's what happened here, just making a general note).

I'm new to internet sleuthing and I just spent the last hour going over her case as well. Googling, looking. It breaks my heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD
Back