GA - Ex-POTUS Donald Trump and others indicted, 13 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, Aug 2023 *4 guilty* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure, Donald. Keep telling yourself that.

IMO she finds him disgusting and as has been speculated everywhere, she’s in this for her own personal reasons. And he was good-looking when he was younger so maybe she found him tolerable then.

Not sure which Trump thread this should be in but I suppose it’s applicable to all.
RBBM

I have that problem a lot - a general comment about Trump and no clue which thread to put it in. :)
----------------
Jeffrey Clark filed his motion for removal. (I miss the devil emoji at moments like this.) The President of the United States is King, ya'll. And Jeffrey Clark says his case should be removed to Federal Court because he says so.

Instead, the Court must credit Mr. Clark’s theory of the case that he was acting under the color of his office.
That's the entitlement I'm seeing in these motions I keep talking about. It's his burden to prove the crimes he is charged with were committed while he was acting under the color of his office. The Court doesn't have to take him at his word as he seems to infer. (Meadows tried this same tack and melted under cross.)
The significant point about this meeting for removal purposes is that the President discussed the letter and election topics directly with Mr. Clark, and directly sought his opinions and advice, along with that of all others present. The President has the unqualified and illimitable right to seek and obtain such advice from his senior legal advisors. This act by the President conclusively ratified that Mr. Clark’s responsibilities included the election-related issues discussed in the draft letter, and that all of his charged conduct was under color of lawIt simply does not matter for purposes of removal that Mr. Rosen or Mr. Donoghue or the others in the meeting with the President were opposed to the letter, nor how vehemently they were opposed. The color-of-law test does not turn on such questions. The Constitution gives the President the ultimate authority to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed,” not those other officials.
Now, I am not a lawyer but my thinking is that if the President of the United States can't break the law, he also can't 'order' someone else to do so and they somehow get magical immunity because the President gave them, at least, tacit permission. Especially seeing as Mr. Clark's immediate superiors warned him against proceeding.

And don't think the prosecutor won't be asking Mr. Clark about the Attorney General gig Trump promised him. That's looking a whole lot like a potential bribe. JMO

ETA: And for people who don't know - the DOJ plays no role in the tabulation of votes anyway but in addition to that - Clark was an ENVIRONMENTAL lawyer!

JEFFREY B. CLARK’S REPLY IN SUPPORT OF REMOVAL

Last edited:
I agree that Mr. Rafferty is annoying and snobby.

If the DA is pursuing Justice and not just a win-at-any-cost, and if the requested document (an authorization or invitation by Coffee County to scan the voting system) is readily available, I wish they would provide it separately and not bury it in a document dump.

And this is probably mean of me, but Sidney Powell gives me a slight Norma Desmond vibe.

I agree that Mr. Rafferty is annoying and snobby.

If the DA is pursuing Justice and not just a win-at-any-cost, and if the requested document (an authorization or invitation by Coffee County to scan the voting system) is readily available, I wish they would provide it separately and not bury it in a document dump.

And this is probably mean of me, but Sidney Powell gives me a slight Norma Desmond vibe.
RBBM
To be fair, we don't know how the data was aggregated, if at all. But I see a lot of problems with prosecutors having to piecemeal discovery. You have multiple attorneys per defendant; the defense attorneys are usually making much more money than in the public sector; and at any given time, prosecutors are already overloaded with multiple cases.

So hypothetically each defense attorney could ask the State to specifically highlight this material or that document? Where do you draw the line? And who pays for the State - already under pressured funding - to hire more people to process this information? And when retention is already a problem because public sector workers are underpaid, underappreciated, and overworked can you even find these extra people if you can find a way for an overstretched budget to pay them?

I'd be much more sympathetic were the defense attorneys public defenders. JMO

I agree that the DA is not obligated to do the work for the defendants. But in this particular instance, IIUC, Mr. Rafferty has identified a specific document that likely is exculpatory and therefore covered by Brady. If lawyers in the DA's office know of this document, and I suspect that they do, if it exists, I feel that Ms. Willis has an ethical and probably a legal obligation not to bury it in a document dump.

Reasonable minds differ, and I respect your opinions.

Jenna Ellis – the Donald Trump lawyer who like the former president faces criminal charges regarding attempted election subversion in his defeat by Joe Biden in 2020 – says she will not vote for him in the future because he is a “malignant narcissist” who cannot admit mistakes.
I'll admit I laughed at this. All it took is her being arrested and standing trial as his co-defendant for her to 'see the light'. She's been very vocal in her criticism of Trump not paying her legal bills too so I'll admit I wonder if he was footing the bill for her defense, if she'd feel the same. JMO

Former President Donald Trump said pardoning himself is "the last thing [he'd] ever do" :rolleyes: if he is convicted in any of the indictments against him, saying that he has done nothing wrong.

"What, what did I do wrong? I didn’t do anything wrong. You mean because I challenge an election, they want to put me in jail?"

Trump did say that he believes the president has the authority to pardon himself.

"I had a couple of attorneys that said, 'You can do it if you want,' " he said.

Oh please! He would pardon himself in a heartbeat if he could! IMO

I'll admit I laughed at this. All it took is her being arrested and standing trial as his co-defendant for her to 'see the light'. She's been very vocal in her criticism of Trump not paying her legal bills too so I'll admit I wonder if he was footing the bill for her defense, if she'd feel the same. JMO

She worked for Trump for a couple of years so for her to now say he's a toxic narcissist is kinda laughable. Toxic narcissists don't hide their true personalities for a couple of years.

She's also made it abundantly clear she supports DeSantis, so I doubt Trump cares anything about her opinion of him. lol

JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

Members are not psychiatrists who have ever met DT and members are not qualified to diagnose. The APA doesn't even allow psychiatrists to comment on a person's mental health without the practitioner ever having met the individual.

What Jenna Ellis said is just that .. she said it. Even attaching a label to it does not change what we have all been able to observe, so no point in trying to slot it into some neat little package that we can call X.

Please move on from diagnosing. Thanks !!

SEP 17, 2023
[...]

Two weeks after the grand jury indicted Still in the election collusion probe, GOP Gov. Brian Kemp followed state law, appointing a three-member commission to review the charges against the Norcross senator. Republicans Attorney General Chris Carr, Senate Majority Leader Steve Gooch, and House Majority Leader Chuck Efstration did not recommend that Still face disciplinary action.

Still avoiding suspension tops the Georgia Recorder’s first in a series of weekly articles that summarize recent developments and take a look at what’s ahead in the election interference racketeering case that could soon shake up national politics.

Freshman senator escapes punishment​

Under Georgia law, a review panel must be appointed by the governor within 14 days of being formally informed that a state public official has been charged with a felony offense. ...

Still’s attorneys argued he should not be suspended from office since the allegations against him stem from events that occurred before he was elected to the state Senate in 2022.

[...]

Judge provides glimpse into potential daily trial schedule​

[...]

Attorney Scott Grubman, who represents Chesebro, recommended a modified schedule that ends earlier in the afternoon on each day. He said that there appears to be evidence that shaving off a couple hours daily does not slow down the trial while also keeping jurors engaged during lengthy arguments.

McAfee, however, said that he’s favoring holding the trials during the regular business hours that the courts are open. He suggested holding the proceedings four days a week, with Friday being an off day.

[...]

Defense asks for the release of names of alleged co-conspirators, grand jury transcripts​

The 19 defendants could find out the names of about 30 alleged unindicted co-conspirators referenced in the 98-page indictment. Additionally, they may be able to access witness transcripts related to a special grand jury’s recommendation that prosecutors pursue charges against several dozen people connected to the election interference probe.

[...]

Jury questionnaires garner support​

[...]

The jury selection process needs to be be figured out later this month. But prosecutors and the attorneys representing Powell and Chesebro both said they planned to submit questions for the jury questionnaire.

[...]

McAfee agreed to a jury questionnaire that could speed up jury selection.

[...]

I am just going to post who is in the hearing today.

Monday, September 18th:
*Motions Hearing for in red (@ am ET) - GA – State of Georgia
vs. Jeffrey Bossert Clark
(56) (pro-Trump lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1) & 1 count criminal attempt to commit false statements & writings (22). (total 2 counts). Bond $100K. Surrendered 8/25/23. Plead not guilty (9/5/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Harry W. MacDougald.
8/25/23 Update: Jeffrey Clark, former Justice Dept. (DOJ) official, filed a notice of removal on Aug. 21, requesting that his case be moved from state to federal court. The hearing will take place Monday, 9/18/23.
vs. Shawn Micah Tresher Still (50 or 51) (Georgia GOP chair & fake elector) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of impersonating a public office (8), 1 count of forgery in the 1st degree (10), 1 count of false statements & writings (12), 2 counts of criminal attempt to commit false documents (14 & 18), 1 count of forgery in the 1st degree (16). (total 7 counts). Bond $10K. Surrendered 8/25/23. Plead not guilty (8/28/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Thomas D. Bever & W. Cole McFerren.
8/26/23 Update: Shawn Still, one of the Georgia fake electros, is trying to move the case to federal court. Motion hearing on 9/18/23.
Case (with unindicted co-conspirators) & court info from 2/10/21 thru 9/12/23 reference post #333 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tion-of-rico-act-14-aug-2023-3.689482/page-17

9/13/23 Update: Meadows, Still, Lee, Ellis, Hall, Shafer, & Cheeley : Affirmative waiver of procedural right to demand a speedy trial. 9/13/23 Update: Floyd's Notice of Filing Correspondence from State Bar.
9/14/23 Update: Oral argument on Meadows's motion for a stay pending appeal at the 11th Cir. is set for this Friday, 9/15/23. The 3-judge panel is Judge Wilson (Clinton appointee), Judge Rosenbaum (Obama) & Judge Jordan (Obama). There will be NO oral argument tomorrow, 9/15/23. Meadows appeal is still moving ahead but he's removed his request to stay the State's proceedings.
9/14/23 Update: Chesebro & Powell hearing. Judge McAfee has ruled that Chesebro & Powell shall proceed to trial on 10/23/23 WITHOUT the other 17 co-defendants in Fulton County. Judge McAfee has not yet scheduled the other 17 co-defendants for trial. Judge endeavors to have a jury sworn by November 5th. Judge severs Trump case & others.
State willingly provides list of unindicted co-conspirators with the understanding neither side will disseminate their identities. State's up to argue that case law favors the State. Grand Jury proceedings are secret & defendants are not entitled to transcripts. One issue for the judge is a Special Grand Jury different than a Grand Jury? The State's arguing again no defense entitlement to Grand Jury transcripts & has case law at hand to undergird his argument. Motion for Special Grand Jury transcripts is taken under advisement but will likely be granted *in part* - testimony of witnesses the State plans to call.

9/14/23 Update: Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee announced Thursday that Trump & 16 co-defendants will move forward on their own schedule, with a trial date yet be announced. The two remaining co-defendants, Chesebro & Powell, sought speedy trials and are scheduled to begin in October. While McAfee didn’t set a trial date for Trump & 16 of his co-defendants, the timeline he sets out in a court order Thursday means they wouldn’t go on trial before at least December. The new schedule laid out by the judge signals he wants to start hashing out pretrial disputes with the batch of 17 defendants by the end of the year. The judge is ordering discovery to start by October 6. McAfee ordered that other types of pretrial motions be filed by December 1, but he has not scheduled a hearing on those requests. McAfee’s new order did not indicate whether he is considering further breaking out the 17 defendants not being tried in October into smaller groups, but it is a proposal that some of the defendants are already floating. Case Management Scheduling Order: 1) Discovery: Initial discovery from all parties is due by 10/6/23. 2) Motions: All motions (other than motions in limine) are due by 12/1/23. 3) Case management/Pretrial conference: TBD. 4) Motions hearing date(s): TBD. Response to opposition to defendant Chesebro's motion. Response in opposition to defendant Chesebro's Motion to Unseal.
9/14/23 Update: Judge McAfee Order denying on Motions for evidentiary hearing regarding improper contact for Clark, Shafer, Powell & Latham. Next Motions hearing for Clark & Still on 9/18/23.
9/16/23 Update: Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee in the Georgia election interference case ordered that 900 summonses be sent out for the October trial for the first two co-defendants in the case, attorneys Kenneth Chesebro & Sidney Powell. Those who receive a summons will have to report to the court in two waives to fill out questionnaires. Some 450 jurors will report on 10/20/23 & another 450 will have to report on 10/27/23. A hearing is expected to be held this week to discuss Fulton County DA Fani Willis’ motion to restrict jurors’ identities during the trial.

docket updates

For All:

Events & Hearings:
09/15/2023 NOTICE OF HEARING
Comment: 2023.09.15 Notice of Hearing - set for 9/20/23 @ 1pm ordered by Judge Scott McAfee.

for Powell

Events & Hearings:
09/15/2023 GENERAL DEMURRERS
Comment: General Demurrer RICO Count

09/15/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.09.15 Order on Juror Questionnaire-Grants motion. All parties shall submit their list of proposed questions for the Court's consideration no later than 10/9/23.

09/15/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.09.15 Order on Jury Exemptions, Excusals, and Deferments

09/15/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.09.15 Order on Motion to Disclose Unindicted CoConspirators-Motion is deemed moot.

09/15/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.09.15 Order Regarding Voir Dire-450 on 10/20/23 & 450 on 10/27/23. Individual voir dire will commence on 10/23/23 @ 9am, with prospective trial jurors returning daily in panels of a number to be determined.

09/29/2023 CASE MANAGEMENT HEARING
JUDGE MCAFEE SPECIAL VIRTUAL NOTICE 2023
Judicial Officer: MCAFEE, SCOTT
Hearing Time: 9:00 AM

for Floyd

Events & Hearings:
09/15/2023 ORDER
Comment: Floyd Order Granting Pro Hac Vice Admission Kachouroff

for Chesebro

Events & Hearings:
09/15/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.09.15 Order on Juror Questionnaire-Grants motion. All parties shall submit their list of proposed questions for the Court's consideration no later than 10/9/23.

09/15/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.09.15 Order on Jury Exemptions, Excusals, and Deferments

09/15/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.09.15 Order on Motion to Disclose Unindicted CoConspirators-Motion is deemed moot.

09/15/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.09.15 Order Regarding Voir Dire-450 on 10/20/23 & 450 on 10/27/23. Individual voir dire will commence on 10/23/23 @ 9am, with prospective trial jurors returning daily in panels of a number to be determined.

09/29/2023 CASE MANAGEMENT HEARING
JUDGE MCAFEE SPECIAL VIRTUAL NOTICE 2023
Judicial Officer: MCAFEE, SCOTT
Hearing Time: 9:00 AM

link: Fulton County Magistrate, State, and Superior Court Record Search

Lawyers for former Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark, a co-defendant in the Georgia election interference case, will appear in a federal courthouse in Atlanta on Monday to argue for moving his case to federal court.

Lawyers for former Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark, a co-defendant in the Georgia election interference case, will appear in a federal courthouse in Atlanta on Monday to argue for moving his case to federal court.
I'm still baffled why the man was indicted for a letter he never sent. Just more ugly politics pretending to be law.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member