GA - Ex-POTUS Donald Trump and others indicted, 13 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, Aug 2023 *4 guilty* #4

DM article about it.
Frankly, I am very angry with her and with Nathan. The stakes are TOO HIGH to have given Trump any extra ammunition to get her thrown off the case.

IMO
I agree. Imagine how Fulton County taxpayers feel.

JMO

Ah! I was wondering WHY the court site was down.... dang hackers....

Current update on status of Fulton County cyberattack. Not sure that it would affect this RICO case (since they said docs are on a different, highly secure server), but it must be slowing down general filings & such...

Criminal defense attorney Joshua Schiffer is 'frightened' about the future of his Fulton County cases because a cybersecurity incident is making it difficult things done in a court that's already the busiest in the state.

"Holding back on disposition of a few cases now and a few cases tomorrow, that creates bigger calendars in the future, calendars in the future that were already big," he said. "We can't do our jobs. Neither can the courts... when we slow down a system as large as ours, the effects just reverberate through the rest of the system."

He said he is concerned there weren't more redundancies in place to begin with.

"We are stuck in quicksand because of our immense reliance on the automated paperless system that's been developed, ostensibly to increase systemwide efficiencies," he said. "When we can't represent our clients by making requests, the state can't respond to them. That grinds our entire system to a halt."

He said his clients are worried, too. They're struggling to look up cases and information online.

Current update on status of Fulton County cyberattack. Not sure that it would affect this RICO case (since they said docs are on a different, highly secure server), but it must be slowing down general filings & such...

And it is still down today... just looked. Hoping it is up soon - I shall be way behind in my updates for this case & others in Fulton County.

Frankly, I am very angry with her and with Nathan. The stakes are TOO HIGH to have given Trump any extra ammunition to get her thrown off the case.

IMO

I agree. Anyone dealing with Trump people should know they will look for and find anything to DARVO you—-distract, attack, reverse victim and offender. Willis and Wade stupidly and selfishly walked right into the trap.

If she/he does resign or get thrown off, I am sure there is someone in her department who is up to the task of proceeding. And maybe that would be for the best. All is not lost…yet.

JMO

The Fulton County court site is still down... but here is what I have in my notes coming up.

Updated: 2/9/24:

GA - Violations of Georgia election laws re 2020 Election. Now 15 defendants (4 plead guilty). Superior Court of Fulton County #23SC188947

Trump has been charged with 13 criminal counts of:
Violation of the Georgia RICO Act
Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer (4 counts)
• Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer
Conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree
Conspiracy to commit false statements and writings (2 counts)
Conspiracy to commit filing false documents
False statements and writings (2 counts)
Filing false documents

4 defendants have plead guilty: Hall, Powell, Chesebro & Ellis.

Thursday, 2/15/24 @ 9:30am - Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee is scheduled to hold a 9:30am hearing to consider Trump co-defendant Michael Roman's motion to dismiss the case after he alleged DA Fani Willis & prosecutor Nathan Wade were engaged in an "improper, clandestine personal relationship" & that the pair abused their relationship to financially benefit from the prosecutorial appointment. For Roman, Trump & Cheeley’s motions to dismiss.
Saturday, 2/17/24 - (Shafer, Latham, Still 11th Cir.): Gov’t brief in response to Shafer, Latham & Still joint brief in support of consolidated appeal of district court order denying removal petitions due.
Monday - 2/20/24 – For All - Pretrial Conference Hearing.
Thursday, 4/18/24 - (Still): Motions (other than motions in limine) due for Shawn Still.
Monday, 6/21/24 – Final Plea hearing.
Monday, 8/5/24 – Proposed trial date by DA 11/17/23

Still can not access the Georgia court site - but this article says the hearing on 2/15/24 regarding Willis & Wade will run for 2 days.

Judge Scott McAfee, the presiding justice in the sprawling Fulton County election interference case in Georgia, will hold two days of hearings into the motion to disqualify Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis and lead prosecutor Nathan Wade from the case.

The motion was brought by defendant Michael Roman after allegations of an improper relationship between the two prosecutors came to light, and then joined by several other defendants, including former president Donald Trump.

Not connected to the thread case, but to what did go on in GA after the election, so I’ll put it here.

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — A conservative group has told a Georgia judge that it doesn't have evidence to support its claims of illegal ballot stuffing during the the 2020 general election and a runoff two months later.

Texas-based True the Vote filed complaints with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in 2021, including one in which it said it had obtained “a detailed account of coordinated efforts to collect and deposit ballots in drop boxes across metro Atlanta” during the November 2020 election and a January 2021 runoff.

Not connected to the thread case, but to what did go on in GA after the election, so I’ll put it here.

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — A conservative group has told a Georgia judge that it doesn't have evidence to support its claims of illegal ballot stuffing during the the 2020 general election and a runoff two months later.

Texas-based True the Vote filed complaints with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in 2021, including one in which it said it had obtained “a detailed account of coordinated efforts to collect and deposit ballots in drop boxes across metro Atlanta” during the November 2020 election and a January 2021 runoff.
It doesn't seem right to label the group a "conservative" group, does it? From the article:

“Once again, True the Vote has proven itself untrustworthy and unable to provide a shred of evidence for a single one of their fairy-tale allegations," Raffensperger spokesman Mike Hassinger said Wednesday. "Like all the lies about Georgia’s 2020 election, their fabricated claims of ballot harvesting have been repeatedly debunked.”

True the Vote’s assertions were relied upon heavily for “2000 Mules,” a widely debunked film by conservative pundit and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza. A State Election Board investigation found that surveillance camera footage that the film claimed showed ballot stuffing actually showed people submitting ballots for themselves and family members who lived with them, which is allowed under Georgia law.

Thursday, February 15th:
*Evidentiary Hearing (Day 1 of 2) (Trump, Roman & Cheeley) (@ 9:30am ET) - GA – State of Georgia vs. Donald John Trump (77) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count (1) of violation of the Georgia RICO (Racketeer Influenced & corrupt organizations) Act (there are 161 acts listed), 4 counts (5, 9, 28, 38) of solicitation of violation of oath by public officer, 2 counts (13 & 19) conspiracy to commit false statements & writings, 1 count (15) conspiracy to commit filing false documents, 2 counts (11 & 17) conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree, 1 count (27) filing false documents & 2 counts (29 & 39) of false statements & writings. (total 13 counts). Bond $200K. Foster Bail Bonds LLC says Trump has put down 10% of the total bond, as required. Surrendered 8/24/23. Plead not guilty (8/31/23) & waives his arraignment. Represented by Steven H. Sadow, lead attorney & Jennifer L. Little
Superior Court of Fulton County
vs. Michael A. Roman (51) (lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit false statements & writings (13 & 19) & 1 count of filing false documents (15). (total 7 counts). Bond $50K. Surrendered 8/25/23. Plead not guilty (9/2/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Ashleigh Bartkus Merchant.
vs. Robert David Cheeley (Trump campaign lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit false statements & writings (13 & 19), 1 count of conspiracy to commit filing false documents (15), 1 count of solicitation of violation of oath by public officer (23), 1 count false statements & writings (26) & 1 count of perjury (41). (total 10 counts). Bond $50K. Surrendered 8/25/23. Plead not guilty (9/2/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Richard A., Rice, Jr., Christopher Scott Anulewicz, Wayne R. Beckermann & Jonathan R. Deluca.
Proposed trial date on 8/5/24.
Judge Scott McAfee presiding. DA Fani Willis. See above for defense attorney for each defendant.

Case (with unindicted co-conspirators) & court info from 2/10/21 thru 1/22/24 (Smith) reference post #5 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ation-of-rico-act-aug-2023-4-guilty-4.701639/

1/23/24 Update: Coming up: Evidentiary hearing on 2/15/24 @ 9:30am re Roman’s, Cheeley’s & Trump’s motion re Willis & Wade conflict & will continue on 2/16/24. All for pretrial hearing on 2/20/24.
1/24/24 Update: For Still: Motion for continuance of deposition of Susan Holmes.
1/25/24 Update: For Trump: Motion to adopt & Supplement co-defendant Roman's Motion to Dismiss Grand Jury indictment as factually defective & motion to disqualify the DA, her office & the Special Prosecutor from further prosecuting this matter. An evidentiary hearing on the motion is set for 2/15/24 in Atlanta.
1/25/24 Update: Clark: Motions hearing on 1/25/24, no info yet.
1/26/24 Update: Cheeley: Motions to dismiss the grand jury indictment & disqualify the DA.
1/26/24 Update: Trump: Trump's Adoption of Defendant Cheeley's Motion to Dismiss the Grand Jury Indictment & Disqualify the DA, her Office & the Special Prosecutors filed by Steven H. Sadow.
1/26/24 Update: Clark: Order allowing filing under seal. The unredacted motion shall be filed via sealed envelope delivered to the Clark of the Court. This envelope shall not be opened until further Order of this Court or on appeal Signed Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee.
1/26/24 Update: Clark: Order-Denying Motion for extension.
2/2/24 Update: State's opposition to defendants Roman, Trump & Cheeley's Motions to Dismiss & to disqualify the DA.
No more updates as of 2/5/24 as the Court site has been down due to hackers.

Thanks Fani!!! you should disqualify yourself and let another prosecutor handle this case. This case is too important to let slip away. Park your ego at the courtroom door- please.

Willis is taking the stand. Asking for a specific three filings before she testifies (they're taking five minutes to get them).
They were trying to get the judge to say that she didn't have to testify, but she stood up and said "I'm ready to go". She looks mad as a hornet - and after all this mess today, I don't blame her. IMO.

“Mr. Wade is a Southern gentlemen. Me, not so much,” Fani Willis says, accusing Mike Roman’s defense attorney of lying.

Willis is enraged by the insinuation that she slept with Nathan Wade in 2019, she says. “I take exception to it.” And she did not start dating him shortly thereafter; “that’s another one of your lies.”

Is anyone else annoyed by the way Willis answers the attorney’s questions? I can’t put my finger on it, but her attitude is very off-putting IMO. I was prepared to root for her even though I think she and Wade were stupid and irresponsible. I have a feeling that if she were the one questioning a witness, she wouldn’t put up with the snark and sarcasm and obfuscation she is displaying.

Thoughts?

ETA: I didn’t watch Wade’s testimony so I don’t know what he was like.

Is anyone else annoyed by the way Willis answers the attorney’s questions? I can’t put my finger on it, but her attitude is very off-putting IMO. I was prepared to root for her even though I think she and Wade were stupid and irresponsible. I have a feeling that if she were the one questioning a witness, she wouldn’t put up with the snark and sarcasm and obfuscation she is displaying.

Thoughts?

ETA: I didn’t watch Wade’s testimony so I don’t know what he was like.
The Judge made it very clear to her that HE is annoyed.

JMO

MCAFEE: Ms. Willis, that’s, I’m gonna have to caution you. This is going to be my first time I have to caution you. You have to listen to the questions as asked, and if this happens again and again, I’m going to have no choice but to strike your testimony. So I need to break this down. Ms. Merchant’s question, I believe, is, asking whether you lived anywhere other than South Fulton.
Soon after, Willis admitted that Wade visited her at a condo she leased beginning in early 2021. Wade has been paid over $650,000 for his work on the Trump case.

The Judge made it very clear to her that HE is annoyed.

JMO

Soon after, Willis admitted that Wade visited her at a condo she leased beginning in early 2021. Wade has been paid over $650,000 for his work on the Trump case.

That’s where I came in and I wasn’t sure what the judge was talking about and couldn’t hear him very well. So I guess it was even worse before I arrived and got annoyed. He also seemed annoyed at the attorneys, so no one came out looking good in this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back