GA GA - Gloria Baird, 23, Atlanta, Dec 1969

Could the missing date be off. To me it's possible she went missing before Christmas. She was close to her dad and didn't show up at Christmas as she had planned. No phone call, nothing to say she couldn't make it. Was it like her doing things like this? She left her daughter, so maybe she didn't care that much for keeping her family in the loop. Is it on record when her permitted leave started exactly? Maybe it's in here somewhere...sorry if it is.

Just saying she might be a Jane Doe found before December 31, 1969.

Could the missing date be off. To me it's possible she went missing before Christmas. She was close to her dad and didn't show up at Christmas as she had planned. No phone call, nothing to say she couldn't make it. Was it like her doing things like this? She left her daughter, so maybe she didn't care that much for keeping her family in the loop. Is it on record when her permitted leave started exactly? Maybe it's in here somewhere...sorry if it is.

Just saying she might be a Jane Doe found before December 31, 1969.
Yes. Over the years I've come to that conclusion. I thought I had posted that somewhere. I originally posted the date I was told by her parents and sister and then as I learned more, it changed. I'm thinking my grandparents were expecting to see her in December and after she never showed up that month for Christmas, that was the date they came up with. The 'last seen at a party' came from them too, but I think that refers to when Gloria went to her ex-husband's (not my dad) mother's place at some point and the mother yelled at her for showing up at the house. The mother, as I understand it, liked to drink and was possibly having a party at the time. Not sure about the date of the party but it would have had to have been between March and December 1969.

Yes. Over the years I've come to that conclusion. I thought I had posted that somewhere. I originally posted the date I was told by her parents and sister and then as I learned more, it changed. I'm thinking my grandparents were expecting to see her in December and after she never showed up that month for Christmas, that was the date they came up with. The 'last seen at a party' came from them too, but I think that refers to when Gloria went to her ex-husband's (not my dad) mother's place at some point and the mother yelled at her for showing up at the house. The mother, as I understand it, liked to drink and was possibly having a party at the time. Not sure about the date of the party but it would have had to have been between March and December 1969.
I wonder what her ex-husband had to say about the narrative.
Not sure about the date of the party but it would have had to have been between March and December 1969.

I read that her army records got lost so it's not known when she was officially on leave. Isn't there some other way to narrow down the time-line, based on birthdays, major events, f.i. that she visited?

My understanding is that because this was treated as an AWOL case local PD dropped the ball and never treated it as an endangered missing person's case or worse. Very convenient to let the Army and FBI solve it, but they were only interested in their own procedures. I keep reading about a party and that Gloria left with three man. We still not know when this alleged party was, who gave it, what was the occasion, where it was or who were there. If you remember (J.G. and Gloria's sister) she left with three man after a party, don't you remember who this three men are? I can't imagine these persons were complete strangers, were they? They must have been associated somehow with somebody at the party. Above is a list of people Gloria was acquainted with. Also on this list three brothers A. (post # 5) Could this have been the three men she was leaving with? Maybe the party isn't even relevant, but something people remember as the last time they saw her.

Not sure about the date of the party but it would have had to have been between March and December 1969.

Gloria signed the divorce papers at April, 1, 1969, so she must have gone missing somewhere after that. If the party was before that, it doesn't seem to be relevant in her missing.

gloria_jean_baird_1.jpg

Gloria Jean Baird, age 23​

Missing since 1969 from Atlanta, GA

LINK:

Gloria's NamUs profile was modified on 4/29/22
The Henry County Jane Doe was ruled out as being Gloria.
Currently she has 11 rule outs listed
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
UP2189 11/10/1973 Henry GA
UP8493 12/06/1993 Fairfax VA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP10929 08/19/1971 Josephine OR
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP942210/26/2011 Spartanburg SC
UP8821 10/11/1991 Hartford CT
UP819103/29/1999 Hamilton TN
UP8427 07/17/1982 Washoe NV
UP5203 01/12/2004 Marion OR
Hi! Thank you so much for listing the rule-outs! I had not noticed this list before and just realized that I had to create an account with NamUs to see the list. :) I had not looked at NamUs in a while and noticed that I can track the case too. That's probably been an option for a while....

Last edited:
Hi! Thank you so much for listing the rule-outs! I had not noticed this list before and just realized that I had to create an account with NamUs to see the list. :) I had not looked at NamUs in a while and noticed that I can track the case too. That's probably been an option for a while....
Hi yes, create an account so you can see all of the comparisons/rule outs. I just looked and they haven't added any more rule outs since I posted in 2022.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back