Ga - Gwinnett Co, Female, 20-30, In Vacant Mall Space, Dec'17 - Silling Man *arrest*

Rest in peace, Silling.

That mall sounds like the kind of place you go to buy or do drugs...could be lots of sketchy people around.

This may be of some significance, I don't know, but there is apparently a Korean grocery store in that mall called Mega Mart, she being Asian-American, maybe she shopped there regularly?

Just guessing at this point.

I went to Gwinnett Place Mall in October 2017 and it is a very scary, creepy, abandoned mall. The food court area looks like something that would be in a horror movie. There are very minimal lights on and all but one of the restaurants were closed. All of the stores in that area are abandoned. The food court is tucked away and because there is nothing down on that end of the mall, most people probably never go down there. I had a very eery feeling when I was in that mall. It was so dark and abandoned that I felt very unsafe. I was with my daughter and I remember saying to myself, “wow. It’s really scary in here. Someone could snatch us and no one would know.” The food court would be somewhere you go if you wanted to be completely alone and in the dark. I’m not surprised that no one smelled anything. Honestly, they should shut the mall down because they don’t even turn the lights on in certain parts.

She was high stress. High achievers have a high rate of stress and also unfortunately suicide. [emoji22]I hope this case is thoroughly investigated though and not just dismissed because stats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also looking at the recon. The did get her face for the most part aside from the shape of her smile and being Asian. It looked like the white version of her w a different smile. Odd.

My heart goes out to her family. What I find inexcusable and abhorrible is that there are not any reports of the mall having video of her entering! That is .... I'll keep my thoughts to myself but I think her family must be very upset at that and considering their options.

ETA: ... . I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it here and moderators can delete, but I think her family has a case here, if they don't have video of her. Imho

The owners should have known that this was a dangerous place for such to happen, in my opinion, with the white elephant of a large deserted Mall.

ETA#2- I had an occasion two weeks ago to go back to a mall and went to the security office and had a question and they pulled me up on the video within 10 seconds and told me exactly what I was wearing. It's an expectation in my opinion that they would have video.

Also looking at the recon. The did get her face for the most part aside from the shape of her smile and being Asian. It looked like the white version of her w a different smile. Odd.

I think the recon looked Asian. I was very confused when people disputed that she could be Asian and kept linking to missing people who weren't, because the first thing I thought when I saw the recon was 'oh okay, she's Asian, then'. They even said in later articles that she was Asian. Strange how people saw different things in the recon.

I'm personally thinking suicide for this one. She was reported missing and then returned home, then went missing again. That sounds like the kind of behaviour I expect from someone feeling mentally unwell - from experience, anyway. But who knows, people engaging in risky behaviour do the same thing. Although I can't imagine a murderer carrying her body in, or murdering her where she was found. I know people rarely go in there because it's almost abandoned, but it still sounds too risky compared to, say, finding a forest or river somewhere.

R.I.P Silling.

Woman found dead at Gwinnett Place Mall didn’t have drugs in system
2a6d4ac465e12d73da5d8a235813d224.jpg

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/woman-found-dead-gwinnett-place-mall-didn-have-drugs-system/
„Officials still do not know how the 19-year-old died or how she ended up in a vacant Subway in the food court at Gwinnett Place Mall.

Man, a Georgia State University student from Lawrenceville, was found dead at the mall on Dec. 21, 2017. Man had been missing from her uncle’s home since Oct. 10, 2017; Man lived with her uncle in Lawrenceville. She picked up her last paycheck from the Michael Kors store at Perimeter Mall on Nov. 20. Managers at the store declined to speak to the AJC about Man, citing company privacy policies.

“A few” people have spoken with police since Man was publicly identified, giving detectives more information about what Man was doing between the day she went missing and her death, said Cpl. Michele Pihera, a spokeswoman for the Gwinnett County Police Department. Pihera said she could not disclose that information.

Police still don’t have a “direct link between her and the mall,” Pihera said. It’s also not known if Man died at the mall, or died in a different location and was moved to the mall. There were no surveillance cameras in the corridors of Gwinnett Place Mall during the time Man is believed to have died.

Man’s cause of death has not been ruled a homicide or murder, but police have been investigating the circumstances surrounding her death. There were no drugs in her system when she died, and she had a small amount of alcohol in her body that “is not consistent with death,” Pihera said. There were no signs of trauma when police found Man’s body.“

Woman found dead at Gwinnett Place Mall didn’t have drugs in system
cache.php

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/woman-found-dead-gwinnett-place-mall-didn-have-drugs-system/
„Officials still do not know how the 19-year-old died or how she ended up in a vacant Subway in the food court at Gwinnett Place Mall.

Man, a Georgia State University student from Lawrenceville, was found dead at the mall on Dec. 21, 2017. Man had been missing from her uncle’s home since Oct. 10, 2017; Man lived with her uncle in Lawrenceville. She picked up her last paycheck from the Michael Kors store at Perimeter Mall on Nov. 20. Managers at the store declined to speak to the AJC about Man, citing company privacy policies.

“A few” people have spoken with police since Man was publicly identified, giving detectives more information about what Man was doing between the day she went missing and her death, said Cpl. Michele Pihera, a spokeswoman for the Gwinnett County Police Department. Pihera said she could not disclose that information.

Police still don’t have a “direct link between her and the mall,” Pihera said. It’s also not known if Man died at the mall, or died in a different location and was moved to the mall. There were no surveillance cameras in the corridors of Gwinnett Place Mall during the time Man is believed to have died.

Man’s cause of death has not been ruled a homicide or murder, but police have been investigating the circumstances surrounding her death. There were no drugs in her system when she died, and she had a small amount of alcohol in her body that “is not consistent with death,” Pihera said. There were no signs of trauma when police found Man’s body.“

BBM. The small amount of alcohol makes me wonder if she could have been roofied with something that is either not commonly tested for, not detectable or that left her system shortly before she died?

I'm kind of late to this thread, but this is pretty weird. Somebody did a YouTube walk through video of the mall, including the food court, at the same time her body would have been there. Subway is 1:17 in the video. Pretty weird.

[video=youtube;W9ZdR_veosI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZdR_veosI[/video]

I'm kind of late to this thread, but this is pretty weird. Somebody did a YouTube walk through video of the mall, including the food court, at the same time her body would have been there. Subway is 1:17 in the video. Pretty weird.

Ok, that’s really weird. And creepy. There was a dead body right there. Right.there.

beyond eerie

This was discussed on another site. The video was NOT taken while she was at the mall. please do not spread false information to sensationalize this case, it only makes things worse. Shame.

This was discussed on another site. The video was NOT taken while she was at the mall. please do not spread false information to sensationalize this case, it only makes things worse. Shame.

Your source for that info? According to the uploader, the video was taken 12/20/2017. How would her body not have been there at that time?

I think it was taken the day before she was found... that would make her being there. I don’t see that anyone is trying to “sensationalize” anything.
I think people are just looking at different angles. If the video was taken while she was there, it might wield some clues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59
Back