GA GA - Hannah Truelove, 16, Gainesville, 24 August 2012

Some more recent coverage of Hannah's case:

Unsolved murder: A year later, police seek help in Hannah Truelove case

...“Most of the information that was developed was early on,” said Sgt. Stephen Wilbanks, spokesman for the Hall County Sheriff’s Office.

“The investigators’ main concern now is that basically the flow of information has stopped.” ...
more at:Unsolved murder: A year later, police seek help in Hannah...

A year later, Truelove slaying is unsolved

Death investigation of teen who ‘loved life’ remains stalled

...MJ (full name snipped) was Hannah’s assigned counselor at Gainesville High School.

“I was her assigned school counselor, and like I do with all the kids, whether it be academic reasons, social, personal, they talk to me. That was the relationship I had with her,” he said.

J (full surname snipped) said he interacted with her less than some of his other students, but that every meeting was positive. “She was a gentle spirit, from what I could see,” Jackson said. “The one thing about Hannah, she just seemed to have a free spirit. She was calm, respectful, well-mannered, and just seemed like she loved life.” ...
more at: http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/87796/

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this has gone cold. No DNA at scene of murder? Or does it just not match anyone in CODIS? I don't think LE even questioned anyone in relation to Hannah's murder, did they, let alone take any DNA samples? I guess they will wait until Hannah's killer commits another crime before this gets solved, or until someone decides to talk. :maddening:

ETA: Person who talks is usually someone in prison for another crime looking for a lighter sentence. :maddening: :maddening:

hannah_truelove_1-25-13_medium.jpg

Hannah Truelove

COLD CASE: Trace evidence washed away in Truelove murder
By B.J. Williams Administrator
Feb 11, 2015

GAINESVILLE - Offers of rewards, photos on billboards, dozens of interviews - all have turned up clues, but nothing conclusive in the murder of Hannah Truelove, a 16-year-old Gainesville High School student found stabbed to death the evening of August 24, 2012.

Hall County Sheriff's Sgt. Dan Franklin is the lead investigator in the case, and he recounted to reporters at a Monday press conference the details of Hannah's disappearance and the discovery of her body near the Lake Lanier shoreline behind the Lanier Club Apartments off Dawsonville Highway.

Franklin described Hannah as a "latch-key kid," a child who was used to coming home from school to an empty house because her mother had a job outside the home. Franklin said while Hannah had a history of truancy, she did not have a history of running away, so her mother was concerned when Hannah did not come home the night of August 23, 2012 - a Thursday.

[...]
It wasn't until that Friday night, however, that Hannah's body was discovered by a man who had been visiting his daughter in the apartment complex.

[...]
"Thursday night into Friday morning, it rained about three inches...and so her body was submerged in running water for a period of time and it washed away a lot of trace evidence."

In fact, Franklin said there was no blood at the scene, despite the fact Hannah had died as a result of stab wounds.

[...]
Anyone who has information on the Truelove case - or any of the other three cold cases under investigation by Hall County - is encouraged to call Sgt. Dan Franklin or Hall County's anonymous tip line at (770)503-3232.
[...]
He said the vehicle was a late 1990s or early 2000s model four-door passenger car, possibly a Chevrolet or Dodge product.

"At the time of Hannah’s murder the car was light silver in color, with substantial front end damage and a driver’s door that was either white or a lighter shade of silver," said Wilbanks.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=285119

[url]http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=252139

[/URL]

Thanks, bessie, for the recent article. I was just thinking about Hannah's case last night, wondering what in the world has become of the investigation. Intended to do some looking about soon myself...and then log on WS and see a little new info.

It sure doesn't sound very promising, does it?

I sure wish an all-out search for her had been done the evening she disappeared...rain and all. Hindsight...

What has happened with Hannah's case, I wonder. From what we hear, it SEEMS that nothing has.

Found this, recently posted on YouTube:

[video=youtube;-JH4jEtCtvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JH4jEtCtvg[/video]

I know that selfies are all the thing with young folks now (and some older ones, too) but it just looks like most of the pics here were probably selfies...? Strikes me as kind of sad somehow...as if Hannah may have led a lonely life. But that's just an impression...might not be the case at all, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I have been studying her facebook p-age for the last couple of hours. I have a quick question for anyone that would know for sure about her twitter account...............Did she in fact LEAVE any twitts on her twiiter account on THAT Thursday........I ask befcause on her FB page the last message she left was at 636pm Wednesday the 22nd of August when she changed her profile picture. Nothing after that on facebook from her. I have a hunch she didnot leave any twitter messages on the following thursday the 23rd but was hoping someone could verify that for me........Thank you in advance.

There was a few tweets on her Twitter on the 23rd. Whether she was the one who posted them I don't know. The tweets were:

"I need to move out of these dang apartments"

"#NP: Electrical Storm by U2 <3"

"I'm getting fat -___- I like have a little tummy now! ugh!"

"It takes one step at a time."

Then a reply to someone saying "ummm yes ma'am"

GEORGIA MYSTERY: Ominous tweets preceded Hannah Truelove's murder

..."For me as an investigator, stabbing is not something that is not impersonal," Joseph Scott Morgan said. "It generally indicates there is a closeness to the victim and perpetrator."

So, did Hannah know the person who led her into the woods and took her life?

"Authorities are operating on the theory that she might have known her attacker and willingly walked down to the area where the body was found," Defense Investigator Charles Mittelstadt said....

more at: http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/10/29/georgia-mystery-hannah-truelove/74395912/

Sadly, there is nothing really new at the link that I can see...but wanted to bump the thread for Hannah. Her case baffles me...nothing happening...

[h=1]Crime Watch Daily: Georgia Teen Murdered After Chilling Tweets - Who Killed Hannah Truelove? [/h]

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy65PU8bcTE[/video]

The Hall County Sheriff’s Office says it’s determined to keep the murder of a high school student fresh in people’s minds as the four-year anniversary of her death approaches.

(...)

“We’ve had several persons of interest that we’ve talked to that remain persons of interest,” Franklin said.

Shortly after the murder, Hannah’s father told us he thought someone who rode his daughter's school bus could be responsible.

"We've had several persons of interest that we've looked at and we've interviewed and again what we're looking for is somebody on the fringe, somebody that has knowledge that has a piece of information that'll open the door to these people that we've already looked at that we're not ready to discount yet,” Franklin said.

(...)

Detectives say they're constantly working the case, but they need the public's help. They're urging anyone with information to come forward, particularly about the man in a silver, four-door car seen around the time of Hannah’s disappearance.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/hal...new-leads-in-hannah-truelove-murder/413417366

Bump

I remember when Nancy Grace covered this case for a few days. Always wondered what really happened to Hannah. I think about her still.

Hannah was last seen hanging out with other teens from the apartment complex...

&#8220;We&#8217;ve had several persons of interest that we&#8217;ve talked to that remain persons of interest,&#8221; [Sgt Dan] Franklin said...

&#8220;There was a lot of social media that she was involved in and she would tweet out that she was scared or she felt she had a stalker. All that stuff was investigated and looked into and it was more just teenage drama type stuff,&#8221; Franklin said...

[Detectives are] urging anyone with information to come forward, particularly about the man in a silver, four-door car seen around the time of Hannah&#8217;s disappearance.

&#8220;That is definitely somebody that we feel would be somebody that we need to talk to,&#8221; Franklin said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/hal...new-leads-in-hannah-truelove-murder/413417366

So Hannah was last seen hanging around with other teens near her apartment, LE think she willingly went into the wooded area behind the apartments with someone she knew, she was stabbed to death (so the killer brought a knife with them), LE have several POI, some witnesses are not co-operating, and LE are looking for a man in a beat-up silver car.

It blows my mind that the person who did this is able to live with what they did (provided they're still alive, of course). Also, the fact that they wouldn't have told someone something? Ugh!

There was a few tweets on her Twitter on the 23rd. Whether she was the one who posted them I don't know. The tweets were:

"I need to move out of these dang apartments"

Thank you for the reply. But those tweets were made by her between the 12 and 22 of August. That vehicle is pretty descriptive. Several years old at the time of the murder. Either it was bought new and was kept for several years,, or someone bought not long before the murder, say a year or so because it was older and cheaper. If I had to guess I would say it was bought by someone whom could not afford a newer vehicle and purchased a older one being cheaper and not in the best condition. Not implying the person whom was in the vehicle when seen was the owner. But perhaps they was. I am guessing any buy here pay here lots in the area, state would have reported selling a vehicle to someone that fit the vehicles description....Some witnesses said they say Truelove on Thursday night around 7:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. in the parking lot near the woods where she was found. I am not convinced that is true. I think she was killed sometime after that tweet.....
I need to move out of these dang apartments..

8:31 PM - 22 Aug 2012.......... No sighting of her on that Thursday except around 7-8 PM. Stalker in street terms does not mean automatic being male. But female also. I think the stalker she was talking about was female and not male even though i think i read they interview a man in the case.......I think she was killed by another young female, after going into the woods for whatever reason.

[video=twitter;238433243643396099]https://twitter.com/hannahtruelove/status/238433243643396099[/video]

Bump for Hannah. I have a feeling it was one or all of the teens she was seen with. JMOO Teens can be brutal when in a group. I wonder if the guy or girl she felt was stalking her was there in the group of teens that night. I hate seeing crimes without any movement forward. They just seem to run out of steam. I say re interview the kids from that night. They know what happened. IMHO

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...ying-gainesville-teen/xV7DGxEKcqtLeou0swRjiP/
[h=1]Cold case: 5 years later, no answers in slaying of Gainesville teen[/h] Sept. 22, 2017
She was discovered stabbed to death Aug. 24, 2012, near the apartment complex where she lived with her mother near Lake Lanier in Hall County
Five years later, police are still searching for Truelove&#8217;s killer and some motive in the case. They&#8217;ve gone back over the evidence using new technology in hopes for a break in the case.

&#8220;Hannah was a very unique individual in the best way,&#8221; her mother has said.

Read more about Truelove&#8217;s disappearance and stabbing, along with other cold case updates at myAJC.com.

Hi new member first post. Has anyone ever checked who her followers are on twitter? I think they'd keep going back to the scene of the crime so to speak. If this was indeed someone who was stalking her or otherwise obsessed they wouldn't be able to help themselves going back and looking at her pictures. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back