GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it, specifically? My usage of the term ‘tapestry’ is a generalization as I don’t have a better reference for said missing piece.

That being said, this is how google defines ‘tapestry’
ab7578b85ece5a88837c9d5e8e7e6c8d.png
It is not a tapestry but is egyptian applique art as described in the poster a Khasamiya (spelling?) Tent makers of Cairo from the WWII era, brought back by Jenna's grandfather.
As your description states, tapestry is woven, or embroidered, whereas this is applique work. We have called it a tapestry just to distinguish it as being a fabric rather than a painting. Some have likened it to a quilt. I have to say I would rather discuss Jenna's absence, but if they are connected perhaps Subie or LE can tell us how? Has the family contacted the Egyptian Carlos museum right near their home at the Emory Uni? If not, why not? Have the family checked with antique and pawn shops and dry cleaners? Has LE interviewed the vet tech? and the WU and the pet store theft accomplice if known? If so, any leads?
Hoping for some leads, however small.
Could we have a bigger clearer pic of the applique and the remaining pieces?
Oh yes and could we have a value for the missing piece and the remaining two smaller pieces, plus a value for the whole set ?

I haven’t been around for a while, need to catch-up on any developments, but I see there’s no progress :(.

FWIW: I’ve long thought the “tapestry” is a red herring, possibly deliberately so, & also FWIW it isn’t a “tapestry”.
FWIW you're not wrong. :frown:

One interesting thing to me about the textile/tapestry/appliqué is that the value isn't immediately known, at least to the average person. With a good story, someone might believe it is worth more. Anyone can Google it, but it sounds like there are others that are more expensive. Maybe if someone embellished and said it was like one of those, it would be believable. Maybe not.

Whereas other items from the home might be more easily evaluated. Maybe there wasn't anything valued at the amount the person needed or wanted to take from the home. Just thinking about possibilities.

The only reason I've thought about this scenario (maybe someone just needed or owed money and this thing seemed plausible) is because of the care taken to remove it from the frame. It doesn't seem like a careless act. If it was found on the floor, smashed to pieces, I'd probably think otherwise. Just my opinion.

It feels too careful. To seemingly remove it from the frame with only a few cracks and leave it in its usual spot, it gives me the feeling of ownership or at least, thought for the owner. Who else would care?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On eBay:
ANTIQUE EGYPTIAN APPLIQUE TEXTILE WALL HANGING

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On eBay:
ANTIQUE EGYPTIAN APPLIQUE TEXTILE WALL HANGING

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

But none of the one's on ebay when you copy and paste that search title in have the same print as the missing one?

But none of the one's on ebay when you copy and paste that search title in have the same print as the missing one?
No but the values are interesting ranging from £30 to £10,000 that I saw. Could J have owed money to a loan shark and this have been taken as payment for a debt or something went wrong and it wasn't as valuable as first thought perhaps?
Eta Nellie I just saw you had a similar thought earlier.

Oh now I have Vintage egyptian art coming up in my adverts now. :laughing:

No but the values are interesting ranging from £30 to £10,000 that I saw. Could J have owed money to a loan shark and this have been taken as payment for a debt or something went wrong and it wasn't as valuable as first thought perhaps?
Eta Nellie I just saw you had a similar thought earlier.

Gotcha, I thought you were saying you had found it and I got excited.

To me the name itself implies uniqueness - unless they were part of a set they should all have differences.

Well a search of craigslist and ebay seem to have a lot of VERY similar looking ones

18hrs and no post [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Praying that this is the calm before the storm!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Praying that this is the calm before the storm!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have been thinking this all along but im doubtful now

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I found a better picture of what the tapestry looks like.
This was on etsy from the 1960’s - its very close but slightly different
colors
https://www.etsy.com/listing/110630...Wz8lx9DaDIz_IGr99dsEoGLMcXirfEwaApMLEALw_wcB#

It’s so hard to understand that this case cannot be figured out.
I know we dont have all the information but someone should have slipped up along the way and left clues. Does this happen ofter? Any other angles to look at this? With all the the technology i would have thought something would have shown up, but maybe it has

There are tons of trails in Atlanta and of course the Chattahoochee River. I would encourage all hikers and boaters (kayakers) to look around their surroundings and off the well traveled paths just in case the worst has happened.

Is it the trafficking theory? My view is LE are working on something. They have to have some idea what has happened IMO.

Folks, if your theory is against TOS, please keep your thoughts to yourself.

Baiting is against the rules.

If you can't post it, then don't mention it.

Posts have been removed.

We are all just going round and round in circles with no additional information. There has been no mainstream media coverage since early oct and not much on social media. The last time I was in the area, I saw no flyers. The best hope in solving this case is for someone to remember something. There is nothing from law enforcement. I know the family has engaged a PI and set up a reward but perhaps an Atlantan PR firm is necessary to get the word out and generate more leads. Living in Atlanta I should be reminded everyday that she is missing. When Julie Love went missing in 1988, the city was blanketed with flyers.
Now there is always the possibility that LE knows who is responsible and are building a case or waiting for the person to make a mistake.
There were comments made on this thread earlier suggesting that LE was not focused on this case or was incompetent. They are a large police force who deal with cases like this all the time and given that she was an educated woman from a nice neighborhood this must be a priority for them.

Now there is always the possibility that LE knows who is responsible and are building a case or waiting for the person to make a mistake.

I believe this is what's going on, hence Subie's comment that he has to lay low here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member