GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much worse can this get :maddening:

I have been told the same thing by two different people who have inside info. They said there is NO doubt they DO have the right guy and that the world will hate him even worse when it all comes out. Now I'm dying to know too!

All I care to hear is how long, if found guilty, it will take to kill him. I don't want to hear gory details. One report today said he blinded her - that's been in my head the entire day - only a savage could do that. This isn't his first time, there's no way. They don't "start out" with an act this horrendous, they work up to it.

Isn't that called starting a rumor? LE said they HAD THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE.

How is that a rumor? Theories are welcome and she didn't mention a name or sleuth him. Welcome to websleuths, by the way :seeya:

Well, I just hope when they find him guilty, they go for the DP and push him to the top of the list, because I really don't relish my tax dollars paying to keep a monster alive. I haven't felt this much hatred towards a person in a long time, and I don't like the feeling.

And another thing: I think why the GBI is saying it will take months to gather all the evidence is because they want to go for the DP and want it to stick.

Isn't that called starting a rumor? LE said they HAD THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE.

Not a rumor . . . speculation. A few of us have been tossing the theory about over the past few days. He "disappeared" according to FB postings & right after JR went missing.

time will tell

I have all of the screen shots - his whole FB page. What specifically are you looking for?

ETA: And, I still have it open in another window...

Didn't it show that he was on FB and accepted friends on Friday December 2 at 8:33pm? That would have been just 3 hours or so after he raped and killed her.

respectfully gngr~snap, I am unsure what has got you so fired up about this apartment complex. So much so that you seem almost to be suggesting it was the apartment complex's fault this happened to Jorelys and have somehow tied it in with your speculation that perhaps LE has the wrong man and that RB was there to somehow save the complex from its previous filthy ways.

Granted, the management company may indeed be sued for having brought the wolf to this punkin's door in a manner of speaking by hiring him. Granted the place is apparently not well reviewed and may indeed be a hellhole filled with cigarette buts, broken glass, refuse, etc. But cigarette butts and broken glass did not rape, beat, bind, gag, stab and murder this child.

I guess I am just confused. You seem more angry at the complex than at the man who did those things.

I am trying to understand where you are coming from, but I guess I am failing miserably.
Thank you for this post.
confused is a good word for how I felt reading about this. lol

Well, If there's anything else this guy has done and yet to come out, it might make sense for him leaving town for a new job in Canton, although planned since Oct. some of his friends seemed surprised he was leaving so fast. I wonder if there's more from his home town that will come out. His one brother's facebook does sound like he's in shock that Ryan could do this but he's willing to consider the idea plus he isn't trying to cover or make excuses. He's just in shock and sounds devasted trying to grasp the whole sad crime.

Face it, no one wants their family member involved in such a horrible crime. It will affect them forever. Sad.

There has to be more to come out, I hope it's not other children or people he's harmed though. Animals either. When he was bored, is this what he did? I hope not as he was bored a lot per his facebook postings. gah!

All I care to hear is how long, if found guilty, it will take to kill him. I don't want to hear gory details. One report today said he blinded her - that's been in my head the entire day - only a savage could do that. This isn't his first time, there's no way. They don't "start out" with an act this horrendous, they work up to it.

not blinded----binded, as in tied her hands/feet with zip ties..

http://www.ajc.com/news/20-year-old-arr ... e=rss_news

Wednesday, the 20-year-old from Dahlonega was in a Cherokee County jail cell, accused of gagging, binding, raping, beating and stabbing Jorelys before tossing her body into an industrial trash compactor at the apartment complex where they both lived. Brunn had moved to the River Ridge complex in November, boasting on Facebook that he would live there free in return for doing maintenance work.

Jorelys' body was found Monday. She had been missing since about 5 p.m. Friday, last seen on a playground in the complex. Investigators say Brunn killed her in a vacant apartment in the building next to her mother's building. Her mouth was duct-taped, her hands and feet bound with plastic ties, and her body had been compacted by the mechanical dumpster only operable by maintenance staff.

That same night, Brunn coolly joined in the search for the missing girl, helping to distribute fliers bearing her picture, other residents told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

not blinded----binded, as in tied her hands/feet with zip ties..

http://www.ajc.com/news/20-year-old-arr ... e=rss_news

Wednesday, the 20-year-old from Dahlonega was in a Cherokee County jail cell, accused of gagging, binding, raping, beating and stabbing Jorelys before tossing her body into an industrial trash compactor at the apartment complex where they both lived. Brunn had moved to the River Ridge complex in November, boasting on Facebook that he would live there free in return for doing maintenance work.

Jorelys' body was found Monday. She had been missing since about 5 p.m. Friday, last seen on a playground in the complex. Investigators say Brunn killed her in a vacant apartment in the building next to her mother's building. Her mouth was duct-taped, her hands and feet bound with plastic ties, and her body had been compacted by the mechanical dumpster only operable by maintenance staff.

That same night, Brunn coolly joined in the search for the missing girl, helping to distribute fliers bearing her picture, other residents told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. ]/quote]
OH .... well I never looked back and couldn't bring myself to look it up again. For some reason that, as horrific as it is, isn't as horrific. I pray and pray he hit her in the head first and that killed her immediately.

My heart goes out to Jorely's family. Horrible for the siblings too. Will they ever feel safe. How does a child process what has happened to their sibling. This the time of year when children should be full of joy. Looking forward to Santa and all the wonderful things Christmas is. They are forever changed. Sadly Jorely will never share these things ever. I hope she is having fun in heaven with Caylee,Haleigh and all the other children gone too soon.

Well, If there's anything else this guy has done and yet to come out, it might make sense for him leaving town for a new job in Canton, although planned since Oct. some of his friends seemed surprised he was leaving so fast. I wonder if there's more from his home town that will come out. His one brother's facebook does sound like he's in shock that Ryan could do this but he's willing to consider the idea plus he isn't trying to cover or make excuses. He's just in shock and sounds devasted trying to grasp the whole sad crime.

Face it, no one wants their family member involved in such a horrible crime. It will affect them forever. Sad.

There has to be more to come out, I hope it's not other children or people he's harmed though. Animals either. When he was bored, is this what he did? I hope not as he was bored a lot per his facebook postings. gah!

Besides baby JR, his family are victims now by association. Their life is probably ruined now too. Not saying I'm putting them in the same category as JR's family, but in a lesser degree, it is still devistating for them.

Not a rumor . . . speculation. A few of us have been tossing the theory about over the past few days. He "disappeared" according to FB postings & right after JR went missing.

time will tell

---was there more than the one reference to his being "on the run" that was made by ryanB's brother?

--( that brother was on the phone w/ ryanB when he was arrested , he told him "i gotta go"----so the brother would have got that info from ryanB.)

--i never saw that he had "disappeared" anywhere...by anyone else posting it.

respectfully snipped and bolded by me..

have you read the apartment reviews? (re: management, safety, etc)

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Canton-River-Ridge-at-Canton.html#b

also: he was reported as creepy and cruising in his car slowly by the playgrounds staring at children...

No I didn't read the tenants comments until now but what an eye opener.

I bet Ryan had no idea what he was getting into when he accepted the job. He said he wasn't ready to go to Canton to begin his new job and it's too bad he went anyway.

I didn't read all the posts but the ones I read on the front page didn't mention Ryan so I didn't see the post that alleged RG was stalking children in the playground. Unless the person who made this claim can prove Ryan was stalking children on the playground, it is only hearsay. Ryan moved to Canton a month before this crime occurred and I doubt he went there intending to sexually assault and murder a child but this is jmo.

RB doesn't seem creepy or corrupt to me and based on my impression of him so far, until the State proves he killed Jorelys I choose to believe Ryan is innocent.

I wonder how long it will take to get a DNA profile done for RB and then run it through the system to see if it matches any unsolved crimes.

:furious: <----I'm not mad, that's me lighting a fire under the lab people.

No I didn't read the tenants comments until now but what an eye opener.

I bet Ryan had no idea what he was getting into when he accepted the job. He said he wasn't ready to go to Canton to begin his new job and it's too bad he went anyway.

I didn't read all the posts but the ones I read on the front page didn't mention Ryan so I didn't see the post that alleged RG was stalking children in the playground. Unless the person who made this claim can prove Ryan was stalking children on the playground, it is only hearsay. Ryan moved to Canton a month before this crime occurred and I doubt he went there intending to sexually assault and murder a child but this is jmo.

RB doesn't seem creepy or corrupt to me and based on my impression of him so far, until the State proves he killed Jorelys I choose to believe Ryan is innocent.

I need a beer and a Vicodin cause I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. lololol
I don't understand being so anti LE and pro POI.
bbm

BBMWhen I was in high school 37 years ago in Canton it was podunk, East Egypt Georgia. Kids still came to school in overalls covered in cow poop. It is now basically a suburb of ATL and has all the conveniences of a large city and it's crime with a backwards city police dept. MOO

I was going to post a response about the 'podunk' comment, too. I lived in Atlanta in the 90's and early 00's and watched the former 'outskirts' like Cumming, Canton, Snellville, Dahlonega etc., just BOOM. They really are no longer backwoods country towns, but just absorbed into urban sprawl.

I also wanted to say,-and this is TOTALLY my opinion based only on the suspect's facial expressions, his seemingly awkward and embarrassing FB conversations, his not having worked until very recently, and his being homeschooled and yet not completing HS-is there a chance he could be borderline mentally challenged? If not that, then possibly something in the autism spectrum? Something about what we have learned about him, plus the limited pics/video we have seen sends up red flags galore for me.

It is just that if so, it occurs to me that a sleazy defense attorney (oxymoron) might use that to argue for a lesser sentence even if the evidence is overwhelming.

Just something I have been ruminating on and wondered if anyone else had the same thought.....

Also, I did a screenshot of his FB pages yesterday almost immediately after a member posted the link, thinking it was only a matter of time before it got yanked. If anyone needed those for the archives, I'd be happy to provide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125