GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

Ya know, this may be unpopular and considered harsh, but the two that committed suicide on DEATH ROW saved the taxpayers some money. Ryan would have probably still been sitting on death row when he was 40.

Thats probably true, but he didn't recieve a death sentence right? just life in prison??

Yep. You're right. But he probably would have gotten the death sentence if they didn't plea. Thanks for reminding me. LOL

No problem. I think Jorelys mOm wanted him to receive death but since he confessed I guess the judge cut the sentence. I mean here's the gist of it all from my opinion I can't read ppl's minds or look into their soul but he obviously had a problem for a long time and instead of getting help the problem got worse. Idk what kind of childhood he lived from what I've read it wasn't a very good childhood obviously his real parents didn't take care of him so the state removed him from custody into foster care and so on and on. He killed this child and molested her and wasn't man enough to take the consequences for his actions. I have read that a molestor is 1 thing that a therapist can not help- if he wouldn't have done it to Jorelys it would have been another child. I'm not sorry he's dead there's just certain people who aren't good enough to be alive. He's where he needs to be be. If this post is mean I'm sorry and if it offends somebody I'm sorry but that's how I feel. I try so hard not to judge others because we all have made mistakes in life and nobody is perfect but what he did is just morbid and he deserved what he got. I do not think he did it out of remorse he did it because he didn't want to be in prison.

No problem. I think Jorelys mOm wanted him to receive death but since he confessed I guess the judge cut the sentence. I mean here's the gist of it all from my opinion I can't read ppl's minds or look into their soul but he obviously had a problem for a long time and instead of getting help the problem got worse. Idk what kind of childhood he lived from what I've read it wasn't a very good childhood obviously his real parents didn't take care of him so the state removed him from custody into foster care and so on and on. He killed this child and molested her and wasn't man enough to take the consequences for his actions. I have read that a molestor is 1 thing that a therapist can not help- if he wouldn't have done it to Jorelys it would have been another child. I'm not sorry he's dead there's just certain people who aren't good enough to be alive. He's where he needs to be be. If this post is mean I'm sorry and if it offends somebody I'm sorry but that's how I feel. I try so hard not to judge others because we all have made mistakes in life and nobody is perfect but what he did is just morbid and he deserved what he got. I do not think he did it out of remorse he did it because he didn't want to be in prison.

BBM

No offense taken, I totally agree with you.

BBM

No offense taken, I totally agree with you.

Thanks :) i mean a lot of people do bad things, bugulary, murder, and the list goes on, but when a person sits and watches child *advertiser censored* and lures a child in a vacant apt with her own toy and then molests her and kills her something is SERIOUSLY wrong!! I'm just glad this family got justice and he will no longer hurt children!

My daughter called me today at around 4:30 pm. She said a woman in my apartment community was running around screaming her 9 year old daughter's name. She said she went to the office to tell them and the employees told her to go and make a police report, there was nothing they could do. OMG, my daughter is telling me this and I'm 80 miles away and yelling into the phone for her to call the police and to tell the mother to calm down so she could talk to them calmly, if at all possible. My daughter said the mother had been drinking - I'm picturing Nancy Grace covering the story....another OMG.

LE arrived, my daughter told them what was going on and the cop thanked her and told her she wasn't needed anymore. They didn't even get her name. I'm 80 miles away, calling Tricia so she can call someone local to come out and put pressure on LE to do the right thing. I kept thinking about Jorelys and how much different her case would have turned out had someone noticed her missing right away, and if LE had done something more, right away. I told my daughter to video anything she thought might be helpful later.

About 45 minutes after the mother started looking for her, and about 1/2 hour after LE arrived, my daughter saw the little girl looking out of the window of a neighbor's apartment - she had found a new friend while outside playing and went to her apartment. The little girl said she told her mom, but that she forgets sometimes (when drinking?).

When I got back to the property I called one of the maintenance men who used to work for me and asked him what they did when they found out the little girl was missing. This is what he told me, not verbatim, of course, but the gist of it...
'I was called out on a water heater and I couldn't stop what I was doing. The office told her to make a police report and the leasing agent went out looking. I told the porter to go help look for her.'

That last line sent chills running down my spine. I've decided to do classes for apartment management companies on what to do when a child goes missing. First and foremost, shut the property down, if there are limited access gates, shut the exit gates down, no one out -- all staff must comb the property in an organized fashion, and check every vacant immediately....and video every move LE makes - hold them accountable sooner rather than later.

Sorry this was so long and sort of off-topic....had to share. I thank God the little girl was found safe.

That last line sent chills running down my spine. I've decided to do classes for apartment management companies on what to do when a child goes missing. First and foremost, shut the property down, if there are limited access gates, shut the exit gates down, no one out -- all staff must comb the property in an organized fashion, and check every vacant immediately....and video every move LE makes - hold them accountable sooner rather than later.

Sorry this was so long and sort of off-topic....had to share. I thank God the little girl was found safe.

Excellent idea. Jorelys has taught us all something. Thanking God, too, that the little girl was found alive.

Excellent idea. Jorelys has taught us all something. Thanking God, too, that the little girl was found alive.

Sadly, I doubt I will get any takers until her parents sue the poo out of the management company - which is bound to happen soon. They don't care much about the safety of the residents (numbers to them), but when a death of one effects their bottom line, they pay attention.

Tricia suggested something like a code Adam for apartment communities which I think is an excellent idea - I'm hoping we can propose it as a community. Code Jorelys!

I just spend the majority of the day riding around Canton today! I drove past both of Jorelys' schools...it was sad. The ribbons have been taken down, and I was disappointed to see that, but I guess with all the rain, they would have been a mess anyway. I also just had to go to the apartment complex...my curiosity got the better of me...and you know, it was actually a pretty nice place. I could see how you could have a false sense of security letting your child play unsupervised. The gates were all working, so I couldn't get inside, but I did stop by the leasing office and the manager said things were starting to get better slowly. I'm sure she was quite leery of someone just showing up there, but like I said, my curiosity got the better of me. :innocent:

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

I just spend the majority of the day riding around Canton today! I drove past both of Jorelys' schools...it was sad. The ribbons have been taken down, and I was disappointed to see that, but I guess with all the rain, they would have been a mess anyway. I also just had to go to the apartment complex...my curiosity got the better of me...and you know, it was actually a pretty nice place. I could see how you could have a false sense of security letting your child play unsupervised. The gates were all working, so I couldn't get inside, but I did stop by the leasing office and the manager said things were starting to get better slowly. I'm sure she was quite leery of someone just showing up there, but like I said, my curiosity got the better of me. :innocent:

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Wonder if we passed eachother, I was at one of those schools for lunch w my daughter today!

Wonder if we passed eachother, I was at one of those schools for lunch w my daughter today!

I ate lunch at The Corner Butcher Shop...and oh my holy, that was THE BEST sandwich I have ever had!!:rocker:

I ate lunch at The Corner Butcher Shop...and oh my holy, that was THE BEST sandwich I have ever had!!:rocker:

Sure beats my school cafeteria lunch of pizza, green beans & pears.

I agree the apts are one of the nicer ones in Canton, I have been frustrated with some of the public misconceptions about this place.

shrug, this case still feels open ended even if it is one of the most "closed" cases of its type, I don't know what else I want from this case, I just feel like it is lingering around in the air and making everything a touch foggy.

Did anyone find an obituary in any newspaper...I can't find one.

Can't remember where I saw it, but there was something about the funeral details being kept private. Obituaries are EXPENSIVE, so I doubt the family would have one in this case.

I am so excited to finally provide this link!!

www.runforjorelys.blogspot.com

The race date is set for April 21, in Canton, GA. If you can't make it, but would like to sponsor the race, you can email rob@fundracers.org. Proceeds from the race will go to pay for tuition for teachers in Cherokee County to take a course in child abduction awareness and self-defense.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I am so excited to finally provide this link!!

www.runforjorelys.blogspot.com

The race date is set for April 21, in Canton, GA. If you can't make it, but would like to sponsor the race, you can email rob@fundracers.org. Proceeds from the race will go to pay for tuition for teachers in Cherokee County to take a course in child abduction awareness and self-defense.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I love this kind of tribute. Something physical and positive. Plus, a benefit for the schools and kids.

I added it to the case archive, it is currently on page 2.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jorelys Rivera -GA-/

You still have time to tweak plans... have you thought of radKIDS?

It is THE one I would go to first, hands down. Excellent organization.
http://www.radkids.org/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73