GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #15 *appeals denied*

Thinking of Lauren on her 31st birthday.

:cupcake::candle:

Sorry I forgot to check up on Lauren's case I am following so many cases. I can't believe he will be eligible for parole after 30 years after what he did. He is very dangerous and sadistic and should never ever be released.

I couldn't agree more, greg.

BW, thanks for remembering Lauren's birthday. I still think of her often with warm thoughts and prayers for her loving family.

I couldn't agree more, greg.

BW, thanks for remembering Lauren's birthday. I still think of her often with warm thoughts and prayers for her loving family.

I really don't think a single day has gone by since last April, when the case concluded with the guilty plea, that Lauren and her case have not at least crossed my mind.

I know most who followed Lauren's case probably check the Lauren Teresa Giddings facebook page now and then -- since I don't do facebook I seldom check even "public" pages, but I did a while back and saw that there were pictures posted last summer of the monument that has been placed at Lauren's grave. It has the prayer of St. Therese inscribed in a facsimile of Lauren's handwriting. Very beautiful.

https://www.facebook.com/LaurenTeresaGiddings?_fb_noscript=1

Taking some time to reflect tonight on some victims who remain close to my heart, and who all were missing/murdered around the same time of year in late May and June. Not least among them is Lauren.

The flame of hope burns on. May her loved ones find peace in their hearts and minds today, tomorrow, and always.

W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg

LINK

[h=1]Lauren Giddings murder featured on cable TV show [/h]Locals already know how the story ends, but a cable television show’s dramatization of the 2011 dismemberment slaying of Lauren Giddings is set to premiere Thursday night.

A whodunnit-style program called “Nightmare Next Door,” which airs on Investigation Discovery, will feature the Mercer University law graduate’s death in an hour-long episode scheduled to air at 9 p.m.

The show’s producers were in Macon in early April interviewing Macon investigators and others, including Telegraph reporter Amy Leigh Womack, who covered the case for nearly three years....

more at: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article33540897.html

Just wanted to give this info (see the link in my quoted post) that I posted last night a little bump; since the threads in this section scroll away and don't often get bumped back up, I hope doing this might give a few folks who would like to watch this show another chance at seeing that it is scheduled for first airing tonight.

The way I understand it, the Investigation Discovery show is "Nightmare Next Door" and the episode name is "Master Key Murder". Don't think I have ever seen any of the "Nightmare Next Door" episodes, so not sure what the tone/quality of that series tends to be. I sure hope it does Lauren's case right, though.

I won't get to watch when it airs, as I don't have cable and thus far have found no way to watch online at this point -- sure there will be opportunities later, though, and I also may try to get someone in my family, etc., to record it for me, if possible.

The show on ID tonight is one of the decent ones they do...not one of the hyperbolic, over the top ones. So it should be handled well and worth watching.

Do you know what channel (s) this show will broadcast on? Thanks!

Sandstorm, there is some discussion in the comments under the article at the link about channels for different sources. Don't know if it will help you, but it might.

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article33540897.html

(I only have over-the-air television, so it is ALL Greek to me. However, I see now someone has posted it may be watchable on Hulu --online I think? -- so I may check that out to see if it will be.)

You can watch this now on youtube for pay (beginning at $1.99).

[video=youtube;oNOYR37khFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNOYR37khFI[/video]

I just watched it there. Wow. Takes me back. RIP Lauren.

Overall, pretty well done, I guess.

Interesting to see all the "real-name" appearances use the false names of the "name has been changed" folks without dropping a beat. The timeline of Stephen's quick arrest (for burglary, first) isn't made clear -- but I understand why they fuzzied that up a bit, to keep suspense while they rolled out the "other suspects".

Good to see Lauren's sisters and good friend Ashley, bless them all.

And the guy who portrays Stephen in the re-creations -- really good casting, I'd say.

Hard on the heels of the article announcing the ID show about Lauren's case, The Telegraph/macon.com showcased a "special report" section about the case -- anticipating renewed interest after the show, I assume. It appears to be a collection of articles/videos mostly from toward the end of the case.

Since macon.com recently went through a site redesign, I'm not sure how many of our older links to its coverage still work, so thought I would bring the link to the recent "special report" section here:

http://www.macon.com/news/special-reports/lauren-giddings-murder/

Hard on the heels of the article announcing the ID show about Lauren's case, The Telegraph/macon.com showcased a "special report" section about the case -- anticipating renewed interest after the show, I assume. It appears to be a collection of articles/videos mostly from toward the end of the case.

Since macon.com recently went through a site redesign, I'm not sure how many of our older links to its coverage still work, so thought I would bring the link to the recent "special report" section here:

http://www.macon.com/news/special-reports/lauren-giddings-murder/
I went through much of this collection last night before I watched the show, and was surprised to find some of it more disturbing in retrospect. The filming of Lauren's apartment with a camera taped to a stick...what can I say. It lingered on my mind for hours last night. The depth of McD's depravity is staggering. The allocution, imo, is a crock, a sterile version of the true events. For the sake of LG's family, I'm thankful there was no trial. On the other hand, it galls me that McD was spared a full exposure of his deeds. Thanks to Amy Womack and Joe Kovac at The Telegraph, and the reporting by WMAZ, at least the local public -- and those of us who followed on the web -- got a close glimpse.

Which leads me to the program last night. I was a little bothered by the license taken with the timeline. McD was depicted as something of an afterthought. And all that focus on the ex-bf, and the suspected "love triangle", if LE was seriously looking at that angle, it was a well-kept secret. From what I recall, the lawyer was cleared pretty quickly, and I barely recall any mention of an ex-bf. McD obviously was a prime suspect from day one. But all in all, I'd say they did a fair job, sans sensationalism and gratuitous gore.

I enjoyed hearing from Amy, and Lauren's family of course. Not to mention the LE officers, particularly Chief Burns. LOL I've always liked him, ever since that interview when a reporter asked if McD was cooperating, and that sheepish grin came over his face. He couldn't hide it. And after viewing the interrogation videos, it was easy to see why!

Thanks for the post, BW, and Happy New Year to you. It's good to see Joe Kovac doing a follow up. That's pretty rare these days.

I'm a little surprised that McD's only now been transferred. Such a da*n shame he had to take Lauren's life and destroy his own.

Thanks for the post, BW, and Happy New Year to you. It's good to see Joe Kovac doing a follow up. That's pretty rare these days.

I'm a little surprised that McD's only now been transferred. Such a da*n shame he had to take Lauren's life and destroy his own.

Happy New Year to you, too, bessie!

bbm: I guess that's kind of understatement, but I totally agree. I have been sick with some kind of respiratory junk and lay awake thinking pretty much that same thing the other night after I saw the update I posted. Just waste and loss all around.

I used to check the Georgia Department of Corrections offender search now and then to see if SM had been moved, but after so long I thought -- and I think we even discussed here -- that maybe he would be one of the ones (besides male death row inmates) who end up staying in Jackson. It did seem to take a long time, wonder why? Also, macon.com/The Telegraph just here in past days did a feature about how inmates are processed at Jackson, and I wonder if either a reporter happened to find out about SM's move while researching that OR maybe the idea for that feature sprang from a check into SM's status.

More local coverage:

[h=1]Stephen McDaniel moved to Valdosta prison[/h]According to the Georgia Department of Corrections, McDaniel is now being held in the Valdosta State Prison....

By email, corrections spokeswoman Gwendolyn Hogan wrote, "Reasons behind an inmate's transfer is confidential and part of their institutional file, therefore the Department cannot disclose that information."...

more at: http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/2016/01/06/stephen-mcdaniel-moved-to-valdosta-prison/78371838/

Here's info about Valdosta State Prison, from the Georgia Department of Corrections web site:
http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/FacilityMap/html/S_50000195.html

I think it will be a lot longer trip for his family to visit now, in Valdosta.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back